Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot

I never argued that some old guys cant play good. Brett Favre at 40 for example.

Ricky Williams is a Heisman trophy winner
1000 yard rusher this year

Jason Taylor
A six-time Pro Bowl selection, Taylor was named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2006, and is the NFL's all time leader in fumble return touchdowns (6).

Taylor has also won the "AFC Defensive Player of the Week" Award seven times which is fifth most ever by a defensive player

Along with winning seven "AFC Defensive Player of the Week" Awards, Taylor has also won three "NFC/AFC Defensive Player of the Month" Awards which is the third most ever by a defensive player (trailing only Bruce Smith and John Randle

He is the Miami Dolphins all-time career sack leader with 117 and counting

But let's look a little beyond sacks. Strahan had 22 forced fumbles. Taylor has 36. Strahan had four interceptions. Taylor has eight.

1. After the Patriots beat the Dolphins last month, Bill Belichick greeted Jason Taylor with the following words: “You’ll be in the Hall of Fame someday.’’

Joey Porter
Career NFL statistics as of Week 13, 2009 Tackles 517 Sacks 90.0 INTs 12

Not to slouchy either.

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

September 7, 2009

Age Rank NFL Team Average Age

13th Jets 27.16

27th Dolphins 26.47
New York Jets Salary Cap
NFL Salary Cap Limit: $127,997,000
Jets Adjusted Cap: $129,278,924
Current Estimated Cap Space: $808,335
Jets Rookie Allotment: $3,429,442

It's been out there for some time now that the Miami Dolphins have roughly $24 million in cap space to work with when it comes time to restock the roster this offseason.

Teams approaching, or are over the NFL's $123 million salary cap are: New England ($119 million), Dallas ($121 million), Indianapolis ($128 million), the New York Jets ($125 million), New Orleans ($130 million), and Washington ($131 million).
Take note that there are two AFC East teams (the Jets and Patriots) in the hemorrhaging area of this list (It's perfectly fine to let out a cheer).
The Bills have a lot more cap space than the Dolphins, but who really wants to play in Buffalo, so don't expect the Bills to make much of a slash in free agency.

Sounds like somebody spent to much money.​
We have been hearing for years from Dolphins fans that the Jets will be in "cap hell" yet every year they manage to do just fine managing the cap. Seriously though, why should Jets fans care about the cap especially considering there won't be a cap.

Bottomline is this Jets team is young, talented and built for the long term.

We have been hearing for years from Dolphins fans that the Jets will be in "cap hell" yet every year they manage to do just fine managing the cap. Seriously though, why should Jets fans care about the cap especially considering there won't be a cap.

Bottomline is this Jets team is young, talented and built for the long term.

Because at some point there will be a cap.

The NFL doesn't want the New York Yankees. It wants parody.

Teams who break the bank if no CBA is agreed upon will be seriously hindered come 2011 and beyond. I give it a 10% chance that we see an uncapped year next year. It would be bad from top to bottom for business.

Upset me? That was comical.

Ryan did not open up the playbook after he was winning. The game was well in hand, and he knew his defense would not lose it when he was up 17 points. Hell, they couldn't gain a yard. Im sure he knew it was over at the first TD. And you really shouldn't talk about relying on the Wildcat....

Stop posting mindless crap like this. Your blind hatred and bias was written all over it from the first word.

The truth angers you jests fans pretty badly, and if he knew that the game was in hand and still didnt give sanchize free reign to throw the ball what does that say about the confidence level in your "savior"? And face it, rexy blew his load last week and showed everything. You guys got nothing left, the scheme your team hated so much, is your only hope at victory these days. So no more **** talking about "pop warner" schemes being the reason we won, because they were the only reason you beat the two 3rd strings you faced. Sanchez is trash. Your team is a testement that a good D can work wonders. Cincy routs you guys this week.

The truth angers you jests fans pretty badly, and if he knew that the game was in hand and still didnt give sanchize free reign to throw the ball what does that say about the confidence level in your "savior"? And face it, rexy blew his load last week and showed everything. You guys got nothing left, the scheme your team hated so much, is your only hope at victory these days. So no more **** talking about "pop warner" schemes being the reason we won, because they were the only reason you beat the two 3rd strings you faced. Sanchez is trash. Your team is a testement that a good D can work wonders. Cincy routs you guys this week.

Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco got demoted to 3rd string? I had no idea, do you know who the starting QB is this week for the playoff game?

Crush the Jests and that fat **** Ryan! What a bunch of winners again 3rd stringers...Jests fans suck go suck a ****!

I never argued that some old guys cant play good. Brett Favre at 40 for example.

Ricky Williams is a Heisman trophy winner
1000 yard rusher this year

Jason Taylor
A six-time Pro Bowl selection, Taylor was named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2006, and is the NFL's all time leader in fumble return touchdowns (6).

Taylor has also won the "AFC Defensive Player of the Week" Award seven times which is fifth most ever by a defensive player

Along with winning seven "AFC Defensive Player of the Week" Awards, Taylor has also won three "NFC/AFC Defensive Player of the Month" Awards which is the third most ever by a defensive player (trailing only Bruce Smith and John Randle

He is the Miami Dolphins all-time career sack leader with 117 and counting

But let's look a little beyond sacks. Strahan had 22 forced fumbles. Taylor has 36. Strahan had four interceptions. Taylor has eight.

1. After the Patriots beat the Dolphins last month, Bill Belichick greeted Jason Taylor with the following words: “You’ll be in the Hall of Fame someday.’’

Joey Porter
Career NFL statistics as of Week 13, 2009 Tackles 517 Sacks 90.0 INTs 12

Not to slouchy either.

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

September 7, 2009

Age Rank NFL Team Average Age

13th Jets 27.16

27th Dolphins 26.47
New York Jets Salary Cap
NFL Salary Cap Limit: $127,997,000
Jets Adjusted Cap: $129,278,924
Current Estimated Cap Space: $808,335
Jets Rookie Allotment: $3,429,442

It's been out there for some time now that the Miami Dolphins have roughly $24 million in cap space to work with when it comes time to restock the roster this offseason.

Teams approaching, or are over the NFL's $123 million salary cap are: New England ($119 million), Dallas ($121 million), Indianapolis ($128 million), the New York Jets ($125 million), New Orleans ($130 million), and Washington ($131 million).
Take note that there are two AFC East teams (the Jets and Patriots) in the hemorrhaging area of this list (It's perfectly fine to let out a cheer).
The Bills have a lot more cap space than the Dolphins, but who really wants to play in Buffalo, so don't expect the Bills to make much of a slash in free agency.

Sounds like somebody spent to much money.​

Taylor has ZERO postseason sacks and never shows up in big games, Strahan helped lead a D to a SB title.

We heard the cap crap last year and we were comfortably under, we have a cap wizard running the show. I'm not worried.

Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco got demoted to 3rd string? I had no idea, do you know who the starting QB is this week for the playoff game?
They are when they have nothing to play for, and before you start with your improving their seed bs, save it.

The fact is they controlled their fate in the playoffs, as far as who they wanted to play and I dont blame them for choosing to play you guys (no QB) over the Texans (Good QB and unstoppable WR).

So like I said enjoy this feaux win while you can, because the Jests were part of a huge set up. Every team that controlled who they played in the playoffs got blown out, coinicidence? Nope. You guys lose to Cincy next week cause they saw everything you had (and its not much), Eagles beat the Cowboys next week and the Greenbay Arizona game could go either way but thats besides the point.

They are when they have nothing to play for, and before you start with your improving their seed bs, save it.

The fact is they controlled their fate in the playoffs, as far as who they wanted to play and I dont blame them for choosing to play you guys (no QB) over the Texans (Good QB and unstoppable WR).

So like I said enjoy this feaux win while you can, because the Jests were part of a huge set up. Every team that controlled who they played in the playoffs got blown out, coinicidence? Nope. You guys lose to Cincy next week cause they saw everything you had (and its not much), Eagles beat the Cowboys next week and the Greenbay Arizona game could go either way but thats besides the point.

So you think Philly lost to Dallas on purpose? they wanted the game in Arlington not Philly?

Arizona couldn't move either way so that's a poor comparison.

What will you say if we win Saturday?

So you think Philly lost to Dallas on purpose? they wanted the game in Arlington not Philly?

Arizona couldn't move either way so that's a poor comparison.

What will you say if we win Saturday?

Of course I will come on this thread and say I was wrong, but the way I see it thats not happening. Because no matter if it was planned or not, sanchize played piss poor and got carried through the past two games(scratch that), the entire season, and hes not gonna survive this one.

Taylor has ZERO postseason sacks and never shows up in big games, Strahan helped lead a D to a SB title

Taylor is still playing, while Strahan is stuffing his face at Subway.
Taylor may be past his prime, but still makes plays for fair price.
I find the post season sack thing a flimsy statement without much merit, considering Bruce Smith never led his team to Superbowl Title, but is still regarded as a great defensive player.

Taylor has ZERO postseason sacks and never shows up in big games, Strahan helped lead a D to a SB title

Taylor is still playing, while Strahan is stuffing his face at Subway.
Taylor may be past his prime, but still makes plays for fair price.
I find the post season sack thing a flimsy statement without much merit, considering Bruce Smith never led his team to Superbowl Title, but is still regarded as a great defensive player.

Bruce Smith helped lead his team 4 AFC Titles, jason led his team to humiliation anytime they made the dic rd.

Bruce had 12 sacks in 20 postseason games which is 12 more than jason ever had in his 6 playoff games.

bruce had 13 double digit sack seasons including 11 of 12 seasons w/ the one season he didn't get double digit sacks in that stretch coming b/c he only played 5 games. jason had 6 double digit sack seasons.

bruce averaged .72 sacks per game, jason averages .64

Please don't compare jason taylor to Bruce Smith ever again.

Jason Taylor > Bruce Smith
Jason Taylor > Michael Strahan

Back
Top Bottom