Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot

Bruce Smith helped lead his team 4 AFC Titles, jason led his team to humiliation anytime they made the dic rd.

Bruce had 12 sacks in 20 postseason games which is 12 more than jason ever had in his 6 playoff games.

bruce had 13 double digit sack seasons including 11 of 12 seasons w/ the one season he didn't get double digit sacks in that stretch coming b/c he only played 5 games. jason had 6 double digit sack seasons.

bruce averaged .72 sacks per game, jason averages .64

Please don't compare jason taylor to Bruce Smith ever again.

I'm with Junc on this one. Postseason-wise, Smith and JT aren't in the same league.

I'm with Junc on this one. Postseason-wise, Smith and JT aren't in the same league.

postseason, reg season, it doesn't matter. Taylor has been a good player(at times great) but Bruce is one of the best players of all time.

it is what is, we had the chance and threw it away. But it makes me wonder how the season would have played out had we had a full year of Ronnie.

I was laughing at one of the commentators saying the jets didn't have to apologize for backing into the playoffs. He wouldn't have said that if we were talking about the Dolphins, but I digress.

When you are the last man standing because the last two teams you played swallowed a cyanide pill, don't take a victory lap... you look stupid.

If the jets beat Cincy this week when it actually means something to the Bengals, I'll give them their well-earned props. As of now they backed into the playoffs with all the artistic grace of Rosie O'Donnell knocking over the buffet table at a greasy spoon with her gargantuan ***.

postseason, reg season, it doesn't matter. Taylor has been a good player(at times great) but Bruce is one of the best players of all time.

JT is one of the best players of all time, and will go down as one.

I was laughing at one of the commentators saying the jets didn't have to apologize for backing into the playoffs. He wouldn't have said that if we were talking about the Dolphins, but I digress.

When you are the last man standing because the last two teams you played swallowed a cyanide pill, don't take a victory lap... you look stupid.

If the jets beat Cincy this week when it actually means something to the Bengals, I'll give them their well-earned props. As of now they backed into the playoffs with all the artistic grace of Rosie O'Donnell knocking over the buffet table at a greasy spoon with her gargantuan ***.

The Jets went 5-1 in there last 6 games with the one loss coming in a very close game. How exactly is that "backing in" to the playoffs? The Bengals on the other hand have won 3 of there last 7 games with those three wins coming against the Browns, Lions and Chiefs.

If anyone is "backing in" to the playoffs it's the Bengals.

JT will be a HOF'er which makes him one of the best players of all time right?

Let's say he doesn't get in, and is one of those guys that is on the ballot but never actually gets in...he's STILL one of the best players of all time right?

He's probably top 5 pass rushers of this past decade, if not the top as he has the most sacks amongst active players and such.

is he BETTER than bruce smith? i dunno, prolly not but it was a different decade all together.

aside from the fact that JT was on some **** teams even when he did make the playoffs...perhaps maybe...just maybe those bills teams smith was on had some more and better talent around him than JT making it easier to diffuse JT in those games.

troll troll troll your boat jet losers

You sound ridiculous accusing the Jets of "backing into" the playoffs when the Dolphins paved our way by clearly BACKING OUT. Maybe if your team bothered to show up for the most important game of the season, at HOME against the Texans, you wouldn't be on here crying. The score was 27-0, and I was laughing my *** off before Peyton even managed to throw a TD pass against our defense.

And BTW ... brace yourself, because we're definitely going to kick the snot out of the Bengals on Saturday. Why??? ... because we have better players on our team than they do ... in just about every spot... EOS.

You sound ridiculous accusing the Jets of "backing into" the playoffs when the Dolphins paved our way by clearly BACKING OUT. Maybe if your team bothered to show up for the most important game of the season, at HOME against the Texans, you wouldn't be on here crying. The score was 27-0, and I was laughing my *** off before Peyton even managed to throw a TD pass against our defense.

And BTW ... brace yourself, because we're definitely going to kick the snot out of the Bengals on Saturday. Why??? ... because we have better players on our team than they do ... in just about every spot... EOS.

I haven't shed a tear for this team--they reaped what they sowed. Just like the Steelers, Texans, and other teams that didn't make the playoffs but are better than the jets.

You have no bows to take to this point because two teams tanked it and you snuck past the guard at the door. Whoppie. Do something with your opportunity that's worth all the back-slapping your fat *** coach has been doing or it will be SOJ yet again.

Go back to your site & read up on what your fans had to say about you guys after the second time this season we beat you. That speaks volumes about who the jets really are.

I haven't shed a tear for this team--they reaped what they sowed. Just like the Steelers, Texans, and other teams that didn't make the playoffs but are better than the jets.

You have no bows to take to this point because two teams tanked it and you snuck past the guard at the door. Whoppie. Do something with your opportunity that's worth all the back-slapping your fat *** coach has been doing or it will be SOJ yet again.

Go back to your site & read up on what your fans had to say about you guys after the second time this season we beat you. That speaks volumes about who the jets really are.

The Jets were locked in a tight 5 point game w/the Colts before they pulled Manning and company. They completely dominated the Bengals starting offense minus Cedric Benson.

The fact that these teams pulled players is no fault of the Jets. They did what they needed to do to win and clinch a playoff berth.

Back
Top Bottom