jets sources, players want peyton not sanchez | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jets sources, players want peyton not sanchez

So not one Jets player dislikes Sanchez b/c of what Mangold said. Those tricky reporters, they do spread lies and enjoy turmoil.

and has been the only QB to reach 2 conf title games(though Brees and Rodgers can change that this weekend)

the "great" Eli Manning has thrown 4 more INTs
so you're saying if Sancholio didn't suck so hard, that they would've won a superbowl?

“It was completely false,” Slauson said by phone. “Mark is the hardest-working quarterback I’ve ever played with. He puts in more time than anyone. Ever since he came in he’s been all about improving the team and winning. His whole life is about making the Jets the No. 1 team in the NFL.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/linemen_lazy_label_off_mark_QIO7VWDh10mHB0gAVzKIbN#ixzz1jFml5ddc

“That’s the thing that really bothered me about the article,” Mangold said on “The Michael Kay Show.” “It was saying that he was lazy and didn’t put the work in, felt complacent. It couldn’t be more further from the truth. The guy puts in more work and more time, cares more about the team than anybody else in that locker room. For someone to come out and say that and not put their name behind it really bothered me.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/linemen_lazy_label_off_mark_QIO7VWDh10mHB0gAVzKIbN#ixzz1jFmopkg4

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/linemen_lazy_label_off_mark_QIO7VWDh10mHB0gAVzKIbN

You do realize that nobody cares about PC responses from a couple players right? The majority of the Jets locker room sees Mark Sanchez for what he is. All that really matters.

You do realize that nobody cares about PC responses from a couple players right? The majority of the Jets locker room sees Mark Sanchez for what he is. All that really matters.

Those aren't PC responses, those were angry responses to refute the anonymous quotes.

So none of the comments about Sanchez being lazy and mediocre are true b/c a few guys who don't agree with those statements say so. Love it

Everything I have heard through 3 years I have never heard anyone question his work ethic, I trust the guys who put their names and faces out there over the anonymous quotes. Sanchez has many faults, this leak was shocking and it was great to see his teammates back him up- both offense and defense.

Everything I have heard through 3 years I have never heard anyone question his work ethic, I trust the guys who put their names and faces out there over the anonymous quotes. Sanchez has many faults, this leak was shocking and it was great to see his teammates back him up- both offense and defense.

Do you think that the whole thing is made up just becasue the guys won't put their names out there? If you felt that way about your QB and you know your coach has backed him way Rex has, would you put your name out there?

Do you think that the whole thing is made up just becasue the guys won't put their names out there? If you felt that way about your QB and you know your coach has backed him way Rex has, would you put your name out there?

I don't think it is made up, there are a million players on a team, not everyone will like the QB. My question is this- are those players just passing the blame? we had a million problems including QB but this coverage takes the spotlight off other areas that weree just as responsible, if not more, for the poor season.

I think the most offending remark is the claim that he is lazy. That's the comment that these players defending him are taking issue with. Say what you will about his football acumen but the guy has shown from day 1 with the Jets to have an incredible work ethic.

BTW, Derrick Mason has spoken out in dispute of the claims that Sanchez has a poor work ethic as well. What incentive does Mason have to be politically correct, or to say anything favorable about Sanchez?

Ex-Jet on Sanchez: 'He worked extremely hard' in practice

By Dan Hanzus NFL.com
Published: Jan. 11, 2012 at 04:13 p.m. Updated: Jan. 11, 2012 at 09:03 p.m

Derrick Mason played just five games with the Jets, but he's certainly comfortable speaking candidly about the demise of the team that labeled him a malcontent and shoved him out the door.

The wide receiver pointed out Monday that the Jets' continued dysfunction after his Oct. 11 trade to the Texans served as proof he wasn't the locker-room cancer as portrayed.

On Wednesday, he told Fox Sports Radio that pointed criticism leveled at Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez in a New York Daily News report didn't jibe with the Sanchez he played with for two-plus months.

"Mark, I've never seen the lack of work ethic, ever," said Mason, who earlier in the week revealed plans to retire after 15 NFL seasons. "Because he worked extremely hard on the practice field, he studied his butt off. He's a guy that wanted to get better each and every game. I just think he was inconsistent throughout the whole season last year."

One of the critiques leveled at Sanchez in the Daily News report was an inability to process weekly game plans. Mason believes Sanchez wasn't always comfortable with the attack put in place by now-departed offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

"Some weeks, as we'd all seen, he would play great," Mason said. "Then he'd have two games in a row where he's playing as if he's never grasped the offense or really knows how to play that position."

Jets center Nick Mangold came to his quarterback's defense Wednesday, tweeting that the Daily News report is "false" and adding: "If 'unnamed sources' want to attack Mark, man up and put your name to it." But it might behoove Sanchez to emerge at some point to defend himself from all this sniping.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-sanchez-he-worked-extremely-hard-in-practice

I believe the colts are smarter than that, If they deal Manning it would seem more likely be to an NFC team.
I don't think Manning would want to be a jet anyway...too many back stabbers in NY.

I believe the colts are smarter than that, If they deal Manning it would seem more likely be to an NFC team.
I don't think Manning would want to be a jet anyway...too many back stabbers in NY.

If that's the case he'd fit right in after years of throwing everyone under the bus for his continued playoff failures.

The turmoil in that locker room will effect the players in free agency not wanting to go to that zoo. Manning is not an option for the Jets.

The turmoil in that locker room will effect the players in free agency not wanting to go to that zoo. Manning is not an option for the Jets.

We don't want Manning but make no mistake players want to play for Rex and that will not affect FA.

Back
Top Bottom