jets sources, players want peyton not sanchez | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jets sources, players want peyton not sanchez

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

*Still won a Super Bowl. As opposed to ALMOST getting there....

he did in a postseason where he threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs, faced an awful KC team in the WC rd, a Bal team that couldn't score, NE where Brady's top 2 weapons were Reche Caldwell and Jabar gaffney(imagine Peyton getting to a title game w/ that group?) then rex Grossman in the SB. That's a little different than the runs we have had and the way Sanchez has played.

he did in a postseason where he threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs, faced an awful KC team in the WC rd, a Bal team that couldn't score, NE where Brady's top 2 weapons were Reche Caldwell and Jabar gaffney(imagine Peyton getting to a title game w/ that group?) then rex Grossman in the SB. That's a little different than the runs we have had and the way Sanchez has played.
Except Manning won a Super Bowl, not ALMOST got there. So actually that is REALLY different.

Except Manning won a Super Bowl, not ALMOST got there. So actually that is REALLY different.

he did- in his 9th year, didn't win a playoff game until his 6th year. sanchez has 4 playoff wins and 2 title apps in 3 years.

he did- in his 9th year, didn't win a playoff game until his 6th year. sanchez has 4 playoff wins and 2 title apps in 3 years.
Good lord. You are starting to sound like a Dolphins fan bitching about how the Jets backed into the playoffs three seasons ago.

Good lord. You are starting to sound like a Dolphins fan bitching about how the Jets backed into the playoffs three seasons ago.

I am? how so? I'm stating a fact, w/ better teams around him it took him until his 6th year to win a playoff game. Sanchez did it as a rookie and a 2nd year player. Sanchez will never be regular season Manning but he's well ahead of him in january at the same stage. Peyton was a deer in the headlights early in his carer in january and he still reverts back to that from time to time like the SB 2 years ago.

@junc- You sound like a Phins fan in the fact that you are jealous. Just like you have said we are jealous of the Jets for making deep play off runs two years in a row. It doesn't matter when or how Manning got his Super Bowl ring. The fact of the matter is history will remember him as an all-pro, Super Bowl winning quarterback, and quite possibly a hall of famer. The only people that will remember the "negative" facts about Mamning are jealous people like you who look to discredit him just because he won a Super Bowl. And you have done the samething with Brady. But you can't discredit him anymore since the Patriots won a playoff game last week.

@junc- You sound like a Phins fan in the fact that you are jealous. Just like you have said we are jealous of the Jets for making deep play off runs two years in a row. It doesn't matter when or how Manning got his Super Bowl ring. The fact of the matter is history will remember him as an all-pro, Super Bowl winning quarterback, and quite possibly a hall of famer. The only people that will remember the "negative" facts about Mamning are jealous people like you who look to discredit him just because he won a Super Bowl. And you have done the samething with Brady. But you can't discredit him anymore since the Patriots won a playoff game last week.

I'm jealous of any team that gets to a wins a SB but that has nothing to do w/ this discussion.

Manning is a lock HOFer, most average fans will think he was better than Brady and up there w/ Montana. Those that know better and saw him choke time after time will know the truth.

No one pumps up Brady here more than I do- inclduing Pats fans so you have me confused w/ someone else.

I'm jealous of any team that gets to a wins a SB but that has nothing to do w/ this discussion.

Manning is a lock HOFer, most average fans will think he was better than Brady and up there w/ Montana. Those that know better and saw him choke time after time will know the truth.

No one pumps up Brady here more than I do- inclduing Pats fans so you have me confused w/ someone else.

Good think the Hall of Fame isn't decided by just average people. As for the Patriots, you have said in regards to the Pats/Brady being better than the Jets, that they haven't won a playoff game since '07. I am not gonna pull a Vaark and go grab a screen shot. But you have said it, multiple times, in an attempt to discredit the Pats and Brady.

Good think the Hall of Fame isn't decided by just average people. As for the Patriots, you have said in regards to the Pats/Brady being better than the Jets, that they haven't won a playoff game since '07. I am not gonna pull a Vaark and go grab a screen shot. But you have said it, multiple times, in an attempt to discredit the Pats and Brady.

The Jets were the best team in the division in '09 & '10 b/c they made 2 title games and the Pats didn't win a playoff game PLUS the Jets went into Foxboro and ripped the Pats in the div rd of 2010. I'm not discrediting Brady, I was stating a fact. Brady is the best QB his generation by far, I am alwayus defending him but facts are facts and he's looked more Peyton like in January in recent years.

We don't want Manning but make no mistake players want to play for Rex and that will not affect FA.
Sorry, a lot has changed very quickly. Your owner wont dismiss Manning talk and no one will want to be in a locker room as bad as that one is. I am willing to bet this will be Rex's last year in New York.

Sorry, a lot has changed very quickly. Your owner wont dismiss Manning talk and no one will want to be in a locker room as bad as that one is. I am willing to bet this will be Rex's last year in New York.

don't buy those headlines about the onwer not dismissing the Manning talk, read the transcript of what he actually said. Sanchez is the QB and players still want to play for Rex.

Everything I have heard through 3 years I have never heard anyone question his work ethic, I trust the guys who put their names and faces out there over the anonymous quotes. Sanchez has many faults, this leak was shocking and it was great to see his teammates back him up- both offense and defense.

The whole reason this thread was made is because JETS players are the ones calling out Sanchez. It's happening whether you want to admit it or not

don't buy those headlines about the onwer not dismissing the Manning talk, read the transcript of what he actually said. Sanchez is the QB and players still want to play for Rex.
Not sure how you miss the meaning of what Woody is saying.

"When pressed, Woody Johnson wouldn't quite answer directly whether Mark Sanchez would enter the 2012 season as both the starter and the Jets' franchise quarterback. Asked again if Sanchez is the 2012 starter with 100 percent certainty, he said there "is no such thing as 100 percent" in this business. Barring injury? "Barring whatever," Johnson said, "yes." Later, he added: "We think he's our guy." But would the Jets pursue Indianapolis Colts star Peyton Manning, if he is available this offseason and healthy? Johnson said the Jets would "look at everything." "I'm not going to ever tell you guys what we may or may not do," he said. "Our job and my job is to, for the fans, take this team to the very top level.""

Back
Top Bottom