"Joe Philbin" Banner?? (Completely Serious Post) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Joe Philbin" Banner?? (Completely Serious Post)

I've seen Suh and O. Vernon take multiple plays off!

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

I've seen Suh and O. Vernon take multiple plays off! Gruden wouldn't go for that sh**t

Yeah well Gruden would have planned better so they wouldn't have had a reason to not try.

Yeah well Gruden would have planned better so they wouldn't have had a reason to not try.

90 percent of the players on Gruden's roster would also be some form of Greg Jennings. Also he will alienate his starting QB every so often and have to start with someone.

Why do you keep opening this thread?

You're like the incessant child who just keeps pulling on his fathers pant leg to get attention :lol:

I understand your feelings, it's okay to disagree with someone on the internet and it's okay for someone to disagree with you. Get on with your life.

I keep opening this thread to make sure there is a counter to your idea...

So...to make this response a more serious post.

1. What do you expect to accomplish? If one were to invest money into this endeavor, what would be the expected return? For me, I see little being accomplished with these types of actions. I can guarantee that a man, like Ross, who has resources beyond our imagination already knows that the fans are not happy and that many feel it is on Philbin. I also believe that a person as successful a Ross has been is smart enough not to make decisions based on a banner or fan grumblings especially when we have record ticket sales. If you are hoping for media attention, the most you may get is a tweet or two from some the beat writers, but little more.

2. What have you done to make this happen? Besides this "exploratory thread" what actions have you took to accomplish this goal? Have you started a Go Fund Me, Kick Starter or other form of crowd sourcing and posted the link? Have you made attempts to get this idea out there? Have you posted on other websites, try to contact local media, even with a tweet to the link, to get more people involved? What did the banner company say? Did they give a date and time the money was due and what would they exactly do with the banner at the game?

If you are hoping to convince others to be apart of this...."actions", then you should have some plan in place besides "hey guys, lets get some money for a "Fire Philbin" banner"...

hows the banners going?

computer print outs? sharpies? crayons?

.................... sorry i just joking too... i honestly have no clue what this thread is about. i just see a lot of arguing and some really hard core convo!!! have a good day everyone!!!

hows the banners going?

computer print outs? sharpies? crayons?

.................... sorry i just joking too... i honestly have no clue what this thread is about. i just see a lot of arguing and some really hard core convo!!! have a good day everyone!!!

Here is the mock up...

fire.png

We finally get out of the shadows of looking like clowns, and now there's a group that wants to put us back in the spotlight of a circus. Nothings going to change by flying a banner.

The only banner we should be flying this week

fire_zps3kwanief-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep opening this thread to make sure there is a counter to your idea...

So...to make this response a more serious post.

1. What do you expect to accomplish? If one were to invest money into this endeavor, what would be the expected return? For me, I see little being accomplished with these types of actions. I can guarantee that a man, like Ross, who has resources beyond our imagination already knows that the fans are not happy and that many feel it is on Philbin. I also believe that a person as successful a Ross has been is smart enough not to make decisions based on a banner or fan grumblings especially when we have record ticket sales. If you are hoping for media attention, the most you may get is a tweet or two from some the beat writers, but little more.

2. What have you done to make this happen? Besides this "exploratory thread" what actions have you took to accomplish this goal? Have you started a Go Fund Me, Kick Starter or other form of crowd sourcing and posted the link? Have you made attempts to get this idea out there? Have you posted on other websites, try to contact local media, even with a tweet to the link, to get more people involved? What did the banner company say? Did they give a date and time the money was due and what would they exactly do with the banner at the game?

If you are hoping to convince others to be apart of this...."actions", then you should have some plan in place besides "hey guys, lets get some money for a "Fire Philbin" banner"...

What I hope to accomplish is letting the organization know how displeased we(those that paid for the banner and who agree with it) are with how this team is being coached. Like it or not, it will get shown on national television, will get mentioned on media outlets and will garner attention. You can believe all you want, but every time a banner has been flown or a billboard purchased it has been televised and mentioned on Sportscenter or the likes. Whether it be for Ireland, Golden, To Sway Manning or Hartline saying goodbye it has grabbed the medias attention.

The purpose of this post was to gauge interest in the idea, as of right now there are only 5 people who would be in. That puts the estimated cost at $300 per person, which is squarely out of my price range. Thus, no further action will be taken until the cost is reasonable, ie. ~$50. I've explained a lot of this over the last 8 pages or so.

Like I said before we do not have to agree on anything, I am okay with you disagreeing with me but it seems you who is displeased with anyone disagreeing with you.

What I hope to accomplish is letting the organization know how displeased we(those that paid for the banner and who agree with it) are with how this team is being coached. Like it or not, it will get shown on national television, will get mentioned on media outlets and will garner attention. You can believe all you want, but every time a banner has been flown or a billboard purchased it has been televised and mentioned on Sportscenter or the likes. Whether it be for Ireland, Golden, To Sway Manning or Hartline saying goodbye it has grabbed the medias attention.

The purpose of this post was to gauge interest in the idea, as of right now there are only 5 people who would be in. That puts the estimated cost at $300 per person, which is squarely out of my price range. Thus, no further action will be taken until the cost is reasonable, ie. ~$50. I've explained a lot of this over the last 8 pages or so.

Like I said before we do not have to agree on anything, I am okay with you disagreeing with me but it seems you who is displeased with anyone disagreeing with you.

So you essentially have done nothing except this thread...ok...way to be a "go getter"

I feel your frustration bro but we lose these next 2 games (which is very possible) and we won't need to waste our money on a banner. Ive already spent enough on this crappy team for 35 years

OP your a grown man and can do with your money as you like but this would have made more sense at the end of last year when the team was failing badly. It's only two games into the new season with two division opponents next on the schedule so our season in honesty could go either way.
The banner to me is just a distraction and probably in stead of having the desired effect will just be more fodder for the National media. I don't think the fans that shell out their money to go to the games or the players themselves would appreciate it.
I want Golden fired but that banner is also a bad idea. In fact the Seminole fans are getting a banner that says keep Al Golden to fly when we play them.(hope we crush them)
Do what you want guy. Support this team or don't but making this statement for our home opener to me is a bad idea.

just my two cents.

OP your a grown man and can do with your money as you like but this would have made more sense at the end of last year when the team was failing badly. It's only two games into the new season with two division opponents next on the schedule so our season in honesty could go either way.
The banner to me is just a distraction and probably in stead of having the desired effect will just be more fodder for the National media. I don't think the fans that shell out their money to go to the games or the players themselves would appreciate it.
I want Golden fired but that banner is also a bad idea. In fact the Seminole fans are getting a banner that says keep Al Golden to fly when we play them.(hope we crush them)
Do what you want guy. Support this team or don't but making this statement for our home opener to me is a bad idea.

just my two cents.

I would typically laugh at this notion, but as bad as the Nole o-line is this year, there is a good possibility of Miami walking out with a win...

Back
Top Bottom