Jr Griffey does a 180 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jr Griffey does a 180

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
You are absolutely right, I don't fear Rivera at all. And to be honest, Foulke proved himself to be a money pitcher last year when the chips were down. What gutsy effort he gave us all through October.

And in response to your previous post, I too am quite pleased with the acquisition of Wells, the guy is a beast. I'm sure he'll come out in big games for us and compete. But aside from that, IMO we still need another frontline starter if Miller doesn't come back to form.

I agree about a solid #1a/2. I'm sure we'll be active in July based on how the start of the season goes.

FiN.in.RI said:
I agree about a solid #1a/2. I'm sure we'll be active in July based on how the start of the season goes.

Hey Fin, do you remember the Anaheim series ALDS game 3. When Foulke came on with the bases loaded, tie game, and got us out of that jam without surrendering a run.

I was so impressed all year with Foulke that I wouldn't want another closer in the league on the Red Sox.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Hey Fin, do you remember the Anaheim series ALDS game 3. When Foulke came on with the bases loaded, tie game, and got us out of that jam without surrendering a run.

I was so impressed all year with Foulke that I wouldn't want another closer in the league on the Red Sox.

Foulke didn't fold once in the Post season, he was money in 04.

In the late 90's he was awesome come October. This decade,....not so much

Mariano Rivera?
The guy from the Yankees...right?
Hmmm.
Maybe you should pick up some literature, like a good stats book and read up.
Since 2000, in the playoffs, Rivera has pitched 63 innings and given up 7 ER...that's an ERA of 1.00.
I'd say that's still awesome.

Fischfan13 said:
Mariano Rivera?
Hmmm.
Since 2000, in the playoffs, Rivera has pitched 63 innings and given up 7 ER...that's an ERA of 1.00.

He's talking about David Wells.

Fischfan13 said:
Mariano Rivera?
Hmmm.

Are you dense? Learn to read!

FaninPatsyLand said:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

MikeO said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This coming from someone who said "I hope people don't come in here talking sh*t after 2 games in April," he blew it, big deal. It happens to everyone. I still wouldn't want any closer in the league over him.

FaninPatsyLand said:
This coming from someone who said "I hope people don't come in here talking sh*t after 2 games in April," he blew it, big deal. It happens to everyone. I still wouldn't want any closer in the league over him.

I didn't talk ****. In fact I didn't even say a word! :roflmao:

My original point was advanced today also. That Marino isn't the best closer in the game anymore. Lidge and Gagne are better!

Back
Top Bottom