Jr Griffey does a 180 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jr Griffey does a 180

MikeO said:
Yet some idiots will be here Sunday night and next week going........"We won you lost". :shakeno:

Like what happens now has any effect on anything. Sure, regular season games and they matter. But its just April and the teams you see now wont even be the teams playing in October because you know each team will make a bunch of moves by the July trading deadline.

In all honesty, in order for the Sox to compete with the Yankees they need a healthy Wade Miller in their rotation, or they need to go out and get a frontline starter via trade. Right now the Yankee advantage rotation wise is just too great.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
In all honesty, in order for the Sox to compete with the Yankees they need a healthy Wade Miller in their rotation, or they need to go out and get a frontline starter via trade. Right now the Yankee advantage rotation wise is just too great.

Correct. Wells won't last a whole season. Remember he had to pull himself from a World Series game not too long ago. The guy has a rubber arm but he is very old. Clement I don't think is very good to begin with. Arroyo is probably your 2nd best pitcher if Wade Miller isn't healthy.

Wade Miller is the key. When healthy the guy is a stud.

MikeO said:
Correct. Wells won't last a whole season. Remember he had to pull himself from a World Series game not too long ago. The guy has a rubber arm but he is very old. Clement I don't think is very good to begin with. Arroyo is probably your 2nd best pitcher if Wade Miller isn't healthy.

Wade Miller is the key. When healthy the guy is a stud.

See I tend to disagree with you on Wells, I do think he will last the entire year. I think he'll give us around 200 innings, he is a workhorse.

That being said, he is NOT a #2 guy. He is a decent middle/end of the rotation guy. The Sox can run Schilling out there against Johnson, and I'll be very confident. However, when the Yankees come again with Pavano we cannot counter with Wells or Arroyo, we need Miller or a guy like Ben Sheets.

If you get Ben Sheets then your payroll will be right their with ours! LOL

MikeO said:
If you get Ben Sheets then your payroll will be right their with ours! LOL

HAHA, well I'm not saying we're going to go out and get Sheets, but I'm just curious, do you know how much he's making?? I figured that Milwaukee couldn't have been paying him too much.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
HAHA, well I'm not saying we're going to go out and get Sheets, but I'm just curious, do you know how much he's making?? I figured that Milwaukee couldn't have been paying him too much.
No, but he is in line to be the highest paid or one of the 2 or 3 highest paid pitchers in all of baseball. The guy is an amazing pitcher and in line to make a boatload of money and you don't trade for someone like that to use for a year then get rid of. He is a guy you lock up long-term

MikeO said:
No, but he is in line to be the highest paid or one of the 2 or 3 highest paid pitchers in all of baseball. The guy is an amazing pitcher and in line to make a boatload of money and you don't trade for someone like that to use for a year then get rid of. He is a guy you lock up long-term

Yeah, I don't think the Sox are going to go out and get the guy, it would cost them their best prospect Hanley Ramirez and alot more to bring a guy like that in. I was just making a point that if Wade Miller isn't healthy, that's the type of pitcher they are going to need to bring in to compete with the Yankees.

So hopefully for the sake of Red Sox Nation, Wade Miller gets healthy quick. I don't want to see our entire farm traded away, but I doubt Theo would do something that stupid. Cashman/Georgie on the other hand..:lol:

I need Wade Miller healthy. On my one fantasy team (the league I play for money) I picked him up late. He could be a steal for me. Everyone backed off him because of the injury, I took a flyer on him late. LETS GO WADE!

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
See I tend to disagree with you on Wells, I do think he will last the entire year. I think he'll give us around 200 innings, he is a workhorse.

That being said, he is NOT a #2 guy. He is a decent middle/end of the rotation guy. The Sox can run Schilling out there against Johnson, and I'll be very confident. However, when the Yankees come again with Pavano we cannot counter with Wells or Arroyo, we need Miller or a guy like Ben Sheets.

Wells is a big game pitcher. Someone the yankees could have used last year. He might tank in August but he'll throw a gem in Oct.

We'll see how Pavano does in NY.. I'm not sold on him playing in the AL for NY, he'll crumble, IMO. We'll see though.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Rivera is still the best in the game.

I'm not doubting the fact that the Yankees made great strides in the rotation, Pavano and Johnson are huge for them. They will no doubt be better off.

But if I'm a fan, I'm still worried about the guys getting the game to Rivera.

Rivera is not automatic like he used to be and there isn't a closer out there in teh AL right now that I fear matching up with the Sox line-up.

FiN.in.RI said:
Wells is a big game pitcher. Someone the yankees could have used last year. He might tank in August but he'll throw a gem in Oct.

We'll see how Pavano does in NY.. I'm not sold on him playing in the AL for NY, he'll crumble, IMO. We'll see though.

Wells isn't big in October anymore. He lost that legacy when he pulled himself from a World Series game a few years ago after a couple dozen pitches.

MikeO said:
Wells isn't big in October anymore. He lost that legacy when he pulled himself from a World Series game a few years ago after a couple dozen pitches.

Yea well he was big in a few other games.. He's not automatic or the most reliable guy on the earth, you're right. But come october I think I'll be happy we have him.

FiN.in.RI said:
Yea well he was big in a few other games.. He's not automatic or the most reliable guy on the earth, you're right. But come october I think I'll be happy we have him.

In the late 90's he was awesome come October. This decade,....not so much

FiN.in.RI said:
Rivera is not automatic like he used to be and there isn't a closer out there in teh AL right now that I fear matching up with the Sox line-up.

You are absolutely right, I don't fear Rivera at all. And to be honest, Foulke proved himself to be a money pitcher last year when the chips were down. What gutsy effort he gave us all through October.

And in response to your previous post, I too am quite pleased with the acquisition of Wells, the guy is a beast. I'm sure he'll come out in big games for us and compete. But aside from that, IMO we still need another frontline starter if Miller doesn't come back to form.

Back
Top Bottom