Jr Griffey does a 180 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jr Griffey does a 180

Fischfan13 said:
Bernie Williams has been washed up for two years now.
He doesn't hit .300 anymore...as a matter of fact he hit 40 points below his career average before 2003.
He can't play CF anymore...and his arm is a TREMENDOUS liability to the Yankees.

You know what, come to think of it, I hope that he does stay the Yankees CFer for a LONG time.:roflmao:

Bernie is GREAT in the playoffs. Which is why the Yanks have kept him around the past couple years at his outrageous salary. Bernie is a part-time player who is very poor in center. This is his final year in NY.

Bernie will give you about 120 games and show up in the playoffs. That's all the Yanks expect and want out of him.

Bernie will give you about 120 games and show up in the playoffs. That's all the Yanks expect and want out of him.

You really don't believe that the Yankees are hoping for only 120 games from Bernie?
If the Yankees had figured that Bernie would be good for only 3/4 of a season and hit .260 again then they would have gone elsewhere for a CFer...
Or, come to think about it, the Yankees have dropped the ball in the most important defensive position in the OF by not replacing Bernie.

It's laughable to think, but are you trying to tell me that with all of the great CFer's that have ever played in the history of NY baseball that a .260 hitter with an arm that can barely make it on the fly to 2nd base from the OF is the best that the Yankees can do?
It may be safe to say...the Yankees have the worst CFer in the majors.

Fischfan13 said:
You really don't believe that the Yankees are hoping for only 120 games from Bernie?
If the Yankees had figured that Bernie would be good for only 3/4 of a season and hit .260 again then they would have gone elsewhere for a CFer...
Or, come to think about it, the Yankees have dropped the ball in the most important defensive position in the OF by not replacing Bernie.

It's laughable to think, but are you trying to tell me that with all of the great CFer's that have ever played in the history of NY baseball that a .260 hitter with an arm that can barely make it on the fly to 2nd base from the OF is the best that the Yankees can do?
It may be safe to say...the Yankees have the worst CFer in the majors.

Bernie will give you 120 games in center. You have Matsui who can also play center with Bubba. This isn't a huge issue.

The Yanks want Bernie because he is CLUTH in the playoffs. And because he was impossible to move in the final year of his very large contract. They want him rested and healthy for the October run. That means only playing 120 games or so this regular season in center field. DH'ing the rest of the time.

You might want to pick up a Baseball Weekly or NY Post or something once in a while and see what is going on.

MikeO said:
Bernie is GREAT in the playoffs. Which is why the Yanks have kept him around the past couple years at his outrageous salary.

No, the reason the Yankees have kept him around the past couple of years is cause they can't dump his contract. No one in the majors wants that guy, he has no range in centerfield, he can't hit anymore and he throws like a girl. You can thank the Red Sox for his price tag by the way. Man am I glad he isn't a member of the Red Sox right now.

Yankee fans, Bubba Crosby anyone?

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
No, the reason the Yankees have kept him around the past couple of years is cause they can't dump his contract. No one in the majors wants that guy, he has no range in centerfield, he can't hit anymore and he throws like a girl. You can thank the Red Sox for his price tag by the way. Man am I glad he isn't a member of the Red Sox right now.

Yankee fans, Bubba Crosby anyone?

But you forget he is also clutch in the playoffs and that is why he is kept around as well.

MikeO said:
Bernie will give you 120 games in center. You have Matsui who can also play center with Bubba. This isn't a huge issue.

The Yanks want Bernie because he is CLUTH in the playoffs. And because he was impossible to move in the final year of his very large contract. They want him rested and healthy for the October run. That means only playing 120 games or so this regular season in center field. DH'ing the rest of the time.

You might want to pick up a Baseball Weekly or NY Post or something once in a while and see what is going on.

Nevermind my last post MikeO, you pretty much covered all my points in this one. I knew you were better than that previous post.:D

The New York Post!?!?!?!?!:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

The New York Post has as much credibility as The Star...and that's an insult to The Star.
I don't know if you live in the NY area, but those of us who do DON'T get our sports from the NY Post.

Do you watch the Yankees?
Bernie Williams does not want to DH.
Bernie Williams numbers are awful as a DH.
The ONLY reason that Bernie is playing CF is to appease him. The Yankees are much better defensively with Matsui in CF and anyone else in LF...and that is not up for debate.
I have never heard of a team who wants only to play someone 120 games so that they could keep him rested for the playoffs...that is laughable.Where is the guarantee for the playoffs?
Why not only play him in 80 games...so he could even be more rested.:lol:
Check the stats...
Bernie Williams has been a detriment to the NY Yankees for almost all of the past two seasons.
Joe Torre has become his only positive mouthpiece.
Cashman doesn't want him anymore...but has no choice since he is being overpaid.

If you live in the NY area, then go get the NY Times and read their sports column...if you don't live in the NY area then sigh up to the Times via the internet.

Bernie is a great player...He is a team player and he is great hitter...he has been hurt for the past two years... i think bernie will go above .300!

MikeO said:
But you forget he is also clutch in the playoffs and that is why he is kept around as well.

WAS clutch in the playoffs, this isn't the same Bernie Williams of years past.Williams is running on fumes at this point.

Bernie is a great player...He is a team player and he is great hitter...he has been hurt for the past two years...

Hurt for the past two years, huh?
Bernie Williams played in the third most amount of games in his career in 2004.
He is done.
Finished.
Worthy of only having a fork stuck in him.
As for being a team player...
There was an article several years ago about the dumbest major league baseball players. Those who ran the bases awfully...threw to the wrong base...didn't know situational baseball...and so on...
Manny Ramirez was the dumbest...and Bernie Williams was second.

The guy was a lifetime .307 hitter before the '03 season...and now he can't hit above .264. That's OVER a 40 point drop.
If he were a Met or a Red Sox I betcha that Yankees fan would be saying that he is washed up.

Fischfan13 said:
Hurt for the past two years, huh?
Bernie Williams played in the third most amount of games in his career in 2004.
He is done.
Finished.
Worthy of only having a fork stuck in him.
As for being a team player...
There was an article several years ago about the dumbest major league baseball players. Those who ran the bases awfully...threw to the wrong base...didn't know situational baseball...and so on...
Manny Ramirez was the dumbest...and Bernie Williams was second.

The guy was a lifetime .307 hitter before the '03 season...and now he can't hit above .264. That's OVER a 40 point drop.
If he were a Met or a Red Sox I betcha that Yankees fan would be saying that he is washed up.

I'm just surprised NY didn't make an offer to Beltran. I think the "big boss man" may be reaching his limit on multi-year huge rediculous contracts.

I'm just surprised NY didn't make an offer to Beltran. I think the "big boss man" may be reaching his limit on multi-year huge rediculous contracts.

The Randy Johnson deal killed any chance of the Yankees getting Beltran.
I believe that Steinbrenner is already at $200 million for '05 and from what I have read even he has stopped spending money for this season.
With Jeter, ARod and Matsui on this team I don't believe that the Yankees needed Beltran...but they do need a glove in CF.

FiN.in.RI said:

They are waiting for Johnny Damon's contract to expire at the end of this year. :lol:

But seriously, I agree with you 100%. I'm very suprised he isn't a member of the Yankees right now. I figured after his playoff performance this past year that the Yankees would do whatever it took to get him in pinstripes. I guess that bottomless pit of cash is reaching a limit.

FiN.in.RI said:

They didn't need Beltran. Pavano, Randy, and Wright were priorites 1,2, and 3.

NY didn't lose to the Marlins and Red Sox the past two years because of offense. They lost because of pitching. They needed to upgrade the pitching and they did that. Spending money on Beltran would have been stupid.

Back
Top Bottom