JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

Haven't understood why some pieces are grey amd others white. You would think all pieces would be white but all those grey pieces will have to be painted after the fact.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 1m1 minute ago
Miami Gardens finalizing plans for a mixed-used development (restaurants, bars, etc.) walking distance from stadium

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 4m4 minutes ago
Miami Gardens mayor ‘worried’ Dolphins would bolt without stadium fixes

Camera angle has shifted slightly. Bums me out because I was looking forward to seeing how the jumbotron is put together but that doesn't look like it will happen now.

Stadium_Renovation_Construction_Cam_June_17_2016_02_30pm.jpg

Haven't understood why some pieces are grey amd others white. You would think all pieces would be white but all those grey pieces will have to be painted after the fact.

Perhaps they need to be placed under load before being painted. The flex going from unloaded to loaded might have cracked any paint.

Looking at it more and more that gap between stadium and canopy is rather large. Our rains from June till November are usually downpours which are driven by high winds (tropical nature). I can see the first few rows on top getting soaked.

The other thing: the canopy ends just about where the seats are. That means about half the leather seats and TVs in that stupid new center section (home side) will probably be exposed to rain with the lightest wind coming from the north. :lol:
Ohhhhh can I see that Goodell bitching if the next Superbowl here has rain with a little wind from the northern direction. :sidelol:

Maybe he will force Ross to add a retractable canopy above the new canopy. :lol:

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

I'm certain that they have adequate grounding for the whole stadium.

Plus the stadium and spires are not the highest point in that area. There is a couple of radio towers next door.

Looking at it more and more that gap between stadium and canopy is rather large. Our rains from June till November are usually downpours which are driven by high winds (tropical nature). I can see the first few rows on top getting soaked.

The other thing: the canopy ends just about where the seats are. That means about half the leather seats and TVs in that stupid new center section (home side) will probably be exposed to rain with the lightest wind coming from the north. :lol:
Ohhhhh can I see that Goodell bitching if the next Superbowl here has rain with a little wind from the northern direction. :sidelol:

Maybe he will force Ross to add a retractable canopy above the new canopy. :lol:

The canopy extends past the sideline and ends where the field begins, not where the seats are. Many of the renderings show this incorrectly. The model at Dolphins HQ is the best representation of what the canopy will look like in size. Stephen Ross made his billions in construction/development, he and his project managers know what they are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking the same thing with the upperdeck and rain. Also, where will the rain runoff from the top? The spires are open in the middle so when it rains it will pour through there as well.

I was thinking the same thing with the upperdeck and rain. Also, where will the rain runoff from the top? The spires are open in the middle so when it rains it will pour through there as well.

There is a drainage system to prevent water from pouring off the roof onto the crowd below, with conduits to carry it to nearby canals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom