JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

Two months until this needs to be ready to go and playable. There is still so much that has to be done. Talk about cutting it close.

Stadium_Renovation_Construction_Cam_June_23_2016_02_30pm.jpg

In the shade...

@TomGarfinkel 24h24 hours ago
Temperature reading in the shady seats today is TWENTY-SIX degrees cooler than in the sunny seats!

CllxfRLXIAAoz_n.jpg

CllxfRrWEAEfJWA.jpg

I just want to watch them get that giant-ass crane back out of the stadium. Howwwww?

Only the screens are up on 2 jumbotrons. They still have to set up the other 2 screens, wire them and program them. They still have The East and West sides of the stadium structure to get up frame wise and that doesn't factor in the extensions over the stands and over the outside of the stadium. Same goes for the north end. They have started the outside extension on the south end but still have a long way to go and need to get up the inside extensions on both ends. Once that is done then they need to paint the entire structure. The roof is basically hundreds of little sheets that need to be attached and sealed in place. Then it needs to be tested to make sure all the seals are sound in the event of wind and rain. All equipment needs to be removed, sand and tarps removed, and new field needs to be put down. The concourse sections under each jumbotron need to finished, painted and set up for the season. Oh, and the new lights need to be installed and the old lights and structures need to be removed.

I am sure there is more that needs to be done but that is what just comes to mind.

Only the screens are up on 2 jumbotrons. They still have to set up the other 2 screens, wire them and program them. They still have The East and West sides of the stadium structure to get up frame wise and that doesn't factor in the extensions over the stands and over the outside of the stadium. Same goes for the north end. They have started the outside extension on the south end but still have a long way to go and need to get up the inside extensions on both ends. Once that is done then they need to paint the entire structure. The roof is basically hundreds of little sheets that need to be attached and sealed in place. Then it needs to be tested to make sure all the seals are sound in the event of wind and rain. All equipment needs to be removed, sand and tarps removed, and new field needs to be put down. The concourse sections under each jumbotron need to finished, painted and set up for the season. Oh, and the new lights need to be installed and the old lights and structures need to be removed.

I am sure there is more that needs to be done but that is what just comes to mind.

Luckily, I think many of those things can be done simultaneously by different teams. I hope it's done in time.

I hope so. As for the painting, Tom just replied this to me...

@TomGarfinkel 45s45 seconds ago
@phfeiler everything white will be exposed when done. Everything not white will be covered.

The first home game of the regular season isn't the issue. The problem is there is a game scheduled for September 1st vs the Titans and the Hurricanes have two games following that on the 3rd and 10th. The home opener vs Cleveland shouldn't be in doubt. If it is then things are much worse than originally thought. However, those other 3 games still have question marks surrounding them.

As for "isn't your stadium"...that might be the dumbest retort I have seen on the topic. I am sure the person who OWNS the stadium won't be happy one bit if this is delayed 1 day, let alone a couple of weeks.

I am already in trouble for saying "all white wide receivers don't look alike" but that looks like one of the characters from the old Planet of the Apes movies. Not the recent ones but I mean going back to the Charlton Heston days.

Back
Top Bottom