Kevin Kolb Fins #1 Priority, Dolphins Interested in Kevin Kolb | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kevin Kolb Fins #1 Priority, Dolphins Interested in Kevin Kolb

?????? Isn't that the same fact I just stated ?????????

I also presume you are also referencing the age old Ryan vs. Long debate other then that draft what QB was available to Miami that was a sure shot? Zero.

The Dolphins selected Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees at the back of the 1st round in 2001. IMO, that was the most egregious draft blunder in Dolphins history, considering we had the great Jay Fiedler as the starter at the time.

In addition, the Dolphins had a shot at Aaron Rodgers (although I concede he was not considered to be a can't miss prospect at the time)

The Dolphins selected Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees at the back of the 1st round in 2001. IMO, that was the most egregious draft blunder in Dolphins history, considering we had the great Jay Fiedler as the starter at the time.

In addition, the Dolphins had a shot at Aaron Rodgers (although I concede he was not considered to be a can't miss prospect at the time)

Different regime!

Again I ask other then the Ryan draft (and Flacco) what QB was available to this regime that they swung and missed on?

PS - don't get me going on Rick Spielman. He ****ing sucks as a GM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Until a new CBA is agreed upon the discussion is pretty much moot. I would rather have Kolb over a nutcase like Vince Young, but if Philly thinks they're getting a first round pick in return they're nuts.

?????? Isn't that the same fact I just stated ?????????

I also presume you are also referencing the age old Ryan vs. Long debate other then that draft what QB was available to Miami that was a sure shot? Zero.

Maybe I missunderstood but it sounded like you were saying that no QB other then the next Marino would be well recieved by our fan base. If not you have my appologies.

No I was not referring to Ryan. I think we could of picked either guy in that draft and did well with the pick. Long is a solid pick but Henne was not and that makes passing on Ryan sting for some people. I get that. That however does not make Long a bad pick. They made the line first priority and that is a common philosphy to build a team. JMO

Any team that gives up more then a 3rd round draft pick for Kevin Kolb is just flat out dumb.Plus that team better have a backup they they know can start in the nfl because Kolb has a knack for talking hits he shouldn't.

Maybe I missunderstood but it sounded like you were saying that no QB other then the next Marino would be well recieved by our fan base. If not you have my appologies.

No I was not referring to Ryan. I think we could of picked either guy in that draft and did well with the pick. Long is a solid pick but Henne was not and that makes passing on Ryan sting for some people. I get that. That however does not make Long a bad pick. They made the line first priority and that is a common philosphy to build a team. JMO

My point was finding Marino's replacement is a huge task, I don't necessary think we need another Marino. I don't envy New England and Indy fans either this is something they are going to have to deal with as well, soon enough.

In the back of my mind all I can think sometimes is Trent Dilfer won a goddamn Super Bowl. It reminds me that anything is possible in a years time given the right set of events.

Different regime!

Again I ask other then the Ryan draft (and Flacco) what QB was available to this regime that they swung and missed on?

PS - don't get me going on Rick Spielman. He ****ing sucks as a GM.

They missed on Pat White (QB selection), which brings their 2nd round misses on QB's to 2.

The jury is still out but John Jerry over Colt McCoy in rd 3.

Looking at how bad the 2010 draft was at QB, it makes this one look pretty strong actually.

These two tweets are from guys that are passionate football fans. Don't trust the source. Here we go again with using BS from guys on Twitter that re merely stating their own amateurish opinion.

I'm not making anything up. I looked up his forty time before I wrote that. The high 4.8's. You don't get sacked 15 times five games by being quick and elusive. Kolb is not an athletic QB.
You should watch him play. Kolb's athleticism isn't the problem here. As a rule of thumb, mobile QBs usually take more sacks than pocket passers. In fact, Kolb and Vick both avg around 3 sacks a game and Vick is the definition of quick and elusive.

This thread is snowballing. If there's actually a fire behind this smoke then that should shoot up a lot of warning flags. This is exactly the kind of move a lame duck FO makes. It's exactly the kind of move OUR lame duck FOs have made in the past. Not only are we chasing after a 2nd round QB again but this time we might give up our 1st rounder for a 2nd round QB.

In other words, if I proclaim that the Dolphins are interested in signing Alex Smith, one of my followers runs with it and it spins out of control. This guy has 36 followers. Unfortunately one of them finds his BS worth posting on here to stir the pot. Shame on you Finatic.

I wouldn't say Kolb stinks. He is going to be very very eager to prove the Eagles and the critics wrong. I like that in these hot shot athletes these days. They need something to play for. That's why I also like the Daboll hiring. This guy has everything to prove especially against the AFC East. I am quietly starting to think things could be going in the right direction... Next.. get rid of Ronnie dance around Brown. He stinks.

Back
Top Bottom