Kevin Kolb Fins #1 Priority, Dolphins Interested in Kevin Kolb | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kevin Kolb Fins #1 Priority, Dolphins Interested in Kevin Kolb

FML. If they give up a 1st round pick for Kolb (AKA AJ Feeley 2.0) I am launching a website to torch this regime. I have supported them until now, but giving up a 1st for a QB that is no better than Chad Henne is a collossal blunder.

He is just as plodding as Henne. His QB rating was as bad as Henne. He is only 218 and slow.

This has got to be THE smoke screen.

Hawley Crap!! What an enormous waste of a draft pick that would be.

not that I am defending this idea...but Mark Sanchez also had a lower rating than Henne, and so did McNabb this year....

I don't know if i'm sold on Kolb but to say he sucks or is not athletic based on sacks is simplistic. If you look at the top 5 in being sacked in the NFL you will find some pretty decent qb's. Joe Flacco,Phillip rivers, and even Vick!! Vick was tied for 5th in sacks. Don't think anyone would accuse him of not being athletic!! Might say more about the Philly o line than anything.

I agree, and it's usually the athletic quarterbacks that tend to get sacked the most. Whether it's Steve Young, Daunte Culpepper or Ben Roethlisberger, the athletic type of quarterbacks tend to buy time with their legs. Sometimes it works, but often times they escape the pressure of one defender only to turn into another defender for a sack. Based on my observation, there's usually more yards lost per sack with a scrambling/athletic QB than with a pocket passer.

I don't think that we really know how good Kolb is. It is clear that he has high potential. He was good enough for Andy Reid to let Donovan McNab go, on the anticipation that KK was going to be "the man". Subsequently Michael Vick played the best football of his career, but that is not Kolb's fault - a luxury of riches in Philly...
Feeley turned out to be a total disaster for Miami, and we were clearly fleeced by the Eagles. But that doesn't mean that Kolb is the same.

After Drew Brees from PUrdue's modified spread formation, please name 5 other college pass happy spread offense QBs who've successfully transitioned into the pros.

Jeff can judge talent but when your franchise pretty much set the standard for modern QB play in the 80's and 90's the task is epic to find that replacement.

Please do not lay this on the fans being intolerant. We have not had a franchise QB since Marino and that is a fact. How many decent QBs have been on the board that we passed over the years. That is not unpleasable fans fault it is the people drafting.

He is just as plodding as Henne. His QB rating was as bad as Henne. He is only 218 and slow.

This has got to be THE smoke screen.

Hawley Crap!! What an enormous waste of a draft pick that would be.

In all fairness (and I am by no means condoning this move) Kolb is much faster than Henne. In his movement and scrambling ability

I don't believe the rumor in the first place.
neither one of these sources are credible at all, the tweet about Kolb being the Dolphins #1 priority comes from something called National Football Authority. here is their mission statement:

"...National Football Authority (NFAuth) was founded on the thought of creating a destination for news, insight and thoughtful opinion from passionate NFL and college football writers.

NFAuth’s goal is to have a level playing field with original content that is thought provoking for all football fans.

Founded by Daniel Wolf as a college project..."

I can name several posters in Finheaven with more credibility than these guys
also, if Ireland wouldn't give up the first round pick for Brandon Marshall, I don't see him pulling that trigger on Kolb

Kevin Kolb by all reports is also 10x the leader Chad Henne is. I remember reading reports the last year McNabb was there that most young players were seeking out advise from Kold not McNabb. The guy has played some good ball when given a shot, Mike Vick coming in and playing at the time the best out of any qb in the league says nothing to Kevin Kolbs ability.

Just like every other thread on this damn site people come in and spew just complete b.s. about things they have absolutely no clue about. I gaurantee most these people blabbing on about how Kold sucks havent watched more than a couple Eagles games over the past several seasons yet all the sudden they are experts and know exactly what Kevin Kolb is as a qb. Although I don't agree that giving up our first this year for him would be the best way to go I don't think that will be able to happen anywya with the CBA situation and even if it does what makes Kevin Kolb more of a gamble than selecting any qb in the first round this year? So most likely what we are looking at is giving up 2012 picks for him and I would be all for trading a 2nd with a shot at that second becoming a first based off performance. Kevin Kolb has every shot at becoming a great QB for this franchise just like a Shaub or Cassel has been for their teams.

I don't who the answer is but we need someone. i have always liked kolb and would not mind bringing him here. i hope it would not be for a first, but eventually a player personnel decision has got to work out for us right..? were due

I don't think that we really know how good Kolb is. It is clear that he has high potential. He was good enough for Andy Reid to let Donovan McNab go, on the anticipation that KK was going to be "the man". Subsequently Michael Vick played the best football of his career, but that is not Kolb's fault - a luxury of riches in Philly...
Feeley turned out to be a total disaster for Miami, and we were clearly fleeced by the Eagles. But that doesn't mean that Kolb is the same.

My theory is that Reid was comfortable enough with VICK to let go McNabb. I think he planned on switching over to Vick sooner rather than later. He just needed to do it in a way as to not become a PR nightmare. Kolb was his transition guy. The cover-up.

Kolb is not a future starter in this league, thats just a fact.

Please do not lay this on the fans being intolerant. We have not had a franchise QB since Marino and that is a fact. How many decent QBs have been on the board that we passed over the years. That is not unpleasable fans fault it is the people drafting.

?????? Isn't that the same fact I just stated ?????????

I also presume you are also referencing the age old Ryan vs. Long debate other then that draft what QB was available to Miami that was a sure shot? Zero.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom