Kevin Kolb Fins #1 Priority, Dolphins Interested in Kevin Kolb | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kevin Kolb Fins #1 Priority, Dolphins Interested in Kevin Kolb

I know completely diffrent situations and teams, etc etc etc, but did San Fran fans complain this much when they got Steve Young? His numbers were horrible too, and he ended up working out pretty well.

People on this board just want to draft some magic QB that isnt there. Yes, one of the QB's in this draft could work out, but if we pick Ponder, or Yates people are just going to complain next year if they suck it up. Then the same bogus stuff is said "Wasted a draft pick on a bust"

No way in hell is Kolb worth a first, he was a first round pick who has done nothing to prove himself yet. But if we are trading a 3rd round pick for him that can become a 2nd, then we are getting into the area he is worth in my opinion. I wouldnt even offer a 2nd straight up, and im not sure anyone else will either.

I believe Kolb was a 2nd rounder. High 2nd rounder, but still a 2nd rounder.

The sad thing is, I almost expect a move like this (trading our 1st round pick for Kolb) from this regime.

I know Ireland will be too chicken**** to draft his own QB. He's a lame duck GM on a 1 year audition - I don't care what his contract says - and he will not be looking out for our best long term interests.

Kolb may be a good QB but if he comes here, expect him to struggle big time when he learns the hard way that Marshall/Bess/Hartline aren't getting anything CLOSE to the separation that he got from Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. You're talking 4.3 speed guys that get wide open vs. 4.6 speed guys who have CBs draped all over them.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

I believe Kolb was a 2nd rounder. High 2nd rounder, but still a 2nd rounder.

He was the pick just before our boy John Beck.

Time to go check out the Eagles message board. Lets see what the fans say about him. I haven't watched enough games by them to really see if he's worth the trade.

I'll bet those Eagles fans are fist pumping like Tony Sparano on crystal meth at just the thought of their FO duping Ireland out of our 1st round pick for Kolb.

That's a great point.... although you can't expect to find gold at the position when you're bargain shopping.

I don't think they were ever looking for gold in the first place.

Mike Holmgren at the very least, knows how to take copper and turn it into silver.

Time is running out on this regime... all the iron in their blood has turned to lead in their a$$..

Mike isn't afraid to go outside his boundaries and take a shot unlike BP who is too damn stubborn. Now that Bill and his archaic ways are out lets see what Ireland has got for skillzzz.

I agree that this regime had better take some shots if they want to have a shelf life of more then 10 months. I have no problem keeping Henne on the roster but if this staff doesn't do everything it can to produce viable competition at QB in pre-season then it has sealed it's own fate.

Bring in some talent and let the battle begin, it really is the only thing the staff has control over, so they had better do it.

It'll be a swap or first round spots and maybe some other compensation like Henne himself

Mike isn't afraid to go outside his boundaries and take a shot unlike BP who is too damn stubborn. Now that Bill and his archaic ways are out lets see what Ireland has got for skillzzz.

I agree that this regime had better take some shots if they want to have a shelf life of more then 10 months. I have no problem keeping Henne on the roster but if this staff doesn't do everything it can to produce viable competition at QB in pre-season then it has sealed it's own fate. Bring in some talent and let the battle begin, it really is the only thing the staff has control over, so they had better do it.

1.) We already know Ireland can't draft for shhitt on offense. He admitted the Pat White pick was his fault (although I hold Tuna responsible too). He has busted on Pat Turner too as well as Smiley, Grove, Shawn Murphy and Incognito, and probably Henne. He has also failed to find us a RB for the future (despite using two 6th round picks). In short, his "skills" for drafting offense are lacking.

2.) You're right that Ireland/Sparano are on a short leash. I don't care what they're contracts say, they're lame ducks who unfortunately will NOT be looking out for our best LONG TERM interests. They SHOULD be drafting us multiple QBs but I bet they'll trade away a high draft pick for a guy like Kevin Kolb and then just use the rest of our draft picks to fill all the holes they've already tried-and-failed to fill before.

Sad but probably true.

It'll be a swap or first round spots and maybe some other compensation like Henne himself

It's doubtful a CBA will be done before the draft so that scenario could be impossible.

But if you see us come away from the draft without a high round QB, then don't be surprised if these assclowns trade away our 2012 1st round pick for Kolb the minute the new CBA gets adopted.

I know Ireland will be too chicken**** to draft his own QB. He's a lame duck GM on a 1 year audition - I don't care what his contract says - and he will not be looking out for our best long term interests.
I don't think Ireland is a "lame duck" GM. Ross likes him, and he is very respected around the league. Ireland I think is here beyond this upcoming season, no matter the result on the field under Tony.

1.) We already know Ireland can't draft for shhitt on offense. He admitted the Pat White pick was his fault (although I hold Tuna responsible too). He has busted on Pat Turner too as well as Smiley, Grove, Shawn Murphy and Incognito, and probably Henne. He has also failed to find us a RB for the future (despite using two 6th round picks). In short, his "skills" for drafting offense are lacking.

2.) You're right that Ireland/Sparano are on a short leash. I don't care what they're contracts say, they're lame ducks who unfortunately will NOT be looking out for our best LONG TERM interests. They SHOULD be drafting us multiple QBs but I bet they'll trade away a high draft pick for a guy like Kevin Kolb and then just use the rest of our draft picks to fill all the holes they've already tried-and-failed to fill before.

Sad but probably true.

Grove and Incognito are not busts - Grove was a necessary evil and a product of the shifting tendencies of the AFC East defenses. Grove was brought in because of his play against Wilfork, Jenkins, Stroud etc.. the injuries were a risk but regardless of what many thought here on finheaven Samson Satele was not the long term answer at C, he was just undersized with the beef in the AFC East.

Incognito is a solid guard being used in an unsolid manor. He is not built to pull on 40% of the rushing plays, he is a big man built to move **** straight ahead and out of the way. I have no idea why the hell Henning decided to get bigger on the line and then start pulling guards and tackles?? It is the same philosophy as sending the infantry around the flank and the Cavalry for the straight on attack, it just doesn't work.

You have to remember this regime also brought in Marshal, Dansby, Wake, Misi, Davis, Smith, Long, Bess, Polite, Langford, Starks, Henne, Pennington and most importantly snatched Nolan from Denver. That's half the starting roster and a top 5 defensive coordinator and this wasn't all BP's doing, don't be a fool on that one. Jeff can judge talent but when your franchise pretty much set the standard for modern QB play in the 80's and 90's the task is epic to find that replacement.

Since the CBA will make free agency be after the draft, an interest in Kolb could also mean not addressing the position in the draft (if the team resigns Pennington). That would be a BAD idea.

The one certain thing everyone seems to agree on is this team needs to draft a QB this year, if not in the first round, at least in the third.

I'm not a big fan of Kolb, but there's no doubt he's a better option than Vince Young.
How is Kolb the better player, stats and pro-bowls don't lie? To me Kolb makes no sense he will cost a draft pick and has proved nothing you can do that in the draft.

:lol:

People say Cam Newton is JaMarcus Russell v2.0 and people get mad and say the only reason that comparison is made is because they're black.

Then those same people say that Kevin Kolb to Miami is the same thing as AJ Feely.

:bobdole:

It must be because they are white.

I'm praying this happens.

Also, you guys can have Kellen Clemens for a 3rd. LOL

I don't know if i'm sold on Kolb but to say he sucks or is not athletic based on sacks is simplistic. If you look at the top 5 in being sacked in the NFL you will find some pretty decent qb's. Joe Flacco,Phillip rivers, and even Vick!! Vick was tied for 5th in sacks. Don't think anyone would accuse him of not being athletic!! Might say more about the Philly o line than anything.

Back
Top Bottom