Kiper says we should have taken Ryan. This guy is crazy!(video) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper says we should have taken Ryan. This guy is crazy!(video)

Easy to say after the fact! What if Ryan sucked then we would have been geniuses for taking Jake. What a joke

what's wrong with Kiper? that's easy...the guy thinks he know everything.....he think HE should be in charge of the draft for EVERY team in the NFL and if the teams do what he says then every team would win the superbowl.

Ozzy rules!!
Kiper is an idiot who is never wrong :rolleyes2: I actually have to turn the channel everytime I see him cone on ESPN to give his insight. Mike Mayock is much better. Even Todd McShay is better imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
NO ONE was saying Ryan was gonna be great. In fact, he still has a long way to go before being considered great.

But I remember Matt Ryan having a TON of question marks leading up to the draft. So he's full of you-know-what if he says a freakin year later that Matt Ryan should have been the #1 pick and is "great". Kiper is a clown.

Do you know what's more annoying than "Monday Morning QBs"? "Monday Morning QBs" that get shows on ESPN.

The fins dis the right thing, did you not see 2 years ago when the Qb was getting hammered, I don't care who the QB was if you don't build up your O-line then what's the point of having a franchise QB who is going to get hurt?.

I know. Kiper is crazy. He usually has good insight, but this mancrush on Stafford is dumb. I go to UGA and watched Stafford last season. He was terrible most of the time. He would have huge games against crappy teams, and that was it. He has the attitude of a Ryan Leaf instead of a Big Ben or a Peyton Manning.

In Stafford's defense....he had absolutely no help on the OL...it was a constant revolving door. Had he have a solid OL without the injuries he would have performed much better in pivotal games. Can't put all the blame on Stafford.

You gonna hit the Phins game this upcoming season against the Falcons??

I liked the Long pick but Ryan is a special player so who is to say he is wrong. I wanted either Jake Long or Matt RYan so Im ok either way.

This comes from an article called the Ryan Leaf fiasco: 10 years later.

"The draft this year featured 2 franchise quarterbacks, Washington States Ryan Leaf and Tennessee's Peyton Manning. Manning was the projected top pick, but Kiper said Leaf had a mental advantage over Manning. The Indianapolis Colts had the first pick, as Kiper predicted back in 1994 (how dare they pass up Trent Dilfer)."

Kiper seemed upset about nothing, and seemed like an unlikeable fellow. I was happy with our picks last year. I didn't see a need to get Ryan killed because we had no LT. Things worked out for the best for the Miami Dolphins. I apologize for not putting the link up but I have to have more than 20 post.

Honestly I think in this case both teams got exactly what they needed... With the Vick fiasco Ryan is the perfect fit there to wash that bad taste out of their mouth and take that team to the next level... The fact that Tuna is in charge here and puts a primium on building from the trenches on out, means that Long was the perfect fit for us and what is happening here.. Hence a team goes from 1-15 to 11-5...

Well until any of us get paid to voice our opinion on the matter I think kiper stays ok with me ....Its HIS JOB people relax

I disagree, it's Kipers job to evaluate college talent, not tell Pro football teams who they should draft. Kiper can't look at one player and say take him or else, it doesn't work that way. If the Dolphins were as high on Ryan as they were on Long they would have taken Ryan, but Miami had a plan. And they have a guy in BP who knows how to rebuild pro football teams, Kiper doesn't. The guys an idiot, crying over who didn't take whom. Get over it Mel!!

I think you have to judge these two after their third year, then they'll have an established track record. Defenses will know their strengths and weaknesses. Henne will probably be the starter and might make Kiper forget about Ryan. Ryan has to prove it over the course of time, and avoid the 'sophomore jinx'. Same with Long, but I think that's more of a 'sure thing'.

I disagree, it's Kipers job to evaluate college talent, not tell Pro football teams who they should draft. Kiper can't look at one player and say take him or else, it doesn't work that way. If the Dolphins were as high on Ryan as they were on Long they would have taken Ryan, but Miami had a plan. And they have a guy in BP who knows how to rebuild pro football teams, Kiper doesn't. The guys an idiot, crying over who didn't take whom. Get over it Mel!!

I disagree....he knows what teams need, and he considers him the best at evaluating talent coming out of college. Its his job to make it entertaining, telling fans who their team should draft during all rounds. I think he does a great job. People just hate color guys when they don't agree with their team. I'd rather him than another talking head behind the desk.

And for all the complaints out there about him...here we are on page 4 hating Kiper.....sounds like he's a success to me. Anyone else's mocks or draft calls stir up this much conversation and controversy? Nope.

He basically is the first to create all the buzz for draft day, so even his haters have to give him some credit.

Back
Top Bottom