Kiper's Big Board | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper's Big Board

unifiedtheory said:
If your JOB was to evaluate players and do predictions and had to do it on a daily basis and had ALL of those predictions documented for all the world to see I am damn sure you'd be wrong a lot...

Kiper works his *** off. I trust his draft opinions more then any one else on Earth. The guy watches tape, games and goes to workouts and practices 24/7/365...the guy lives and dies this stuff.

I agree. Any person that has to grade that many prospects is bound to get some wrong.

If I had a job I would gladly trade it for Mel's, unless of course I was Dale Jr.

Kiper had Jason Taylor rated the 48th player out of the top 150....and not as a D.E. but as a outside linebacker. He had JT trailing Dwayne Rudd, James Farrior and Jamie Sharper. He gave JT a rating of 8.7

fishypete said:
Kiper had Jason Taylor rated the 48th player out of the top 150....and not as a D.E. but as a outside linebacker. He had JT trailing Dwayne Rudd, James Farrior and Jamie Sharper. He gave JT a rating of 8.7
doesn't sound like he thought he wouldn't stay in the NFL

The way I remember it back then is that kiper liked JT, however Kiper thought JT was a tweener type that might never find a good fit in the NFL. Kiper's big concern for JT was that he was too thin for DE and too slow for a true OLB. He thought that a team like the steelers would use him as a 3-4 OLB. I believe he said JT would be a good fit in JJ's defense, because JJ used C. Haley well in his schemes and that is the kind of DE JT is.

Kiper is good at what he does, he misses sometimes, but so do a lot of people.

shellgh0st said:
Kiper is good at what he does, he misses sometimes, but so do a lot of people.

Exactly, the only problem with Kiper missing is that he is the BIGGEST draftnik out there. He has all the exposure. People miss just as much or more than him but they aren't broadcasting as the draft is happening on national TV(therefore being larger than life in that that sense). He was wrong about JT but show me one draft "expert" that was right as one of the top 3-5 players out of that draft?.?.

ether79 said:
Exactly, the only problem with Kiper missing is that he is the BIGGEST draftnik out there. He has all the exposure. People miss just as much or more than him but they aren't broadcasting as the draft is happening on national TV(therefore being larger than life in that that sense). He was wrong about JT but show me one draft "expert" that was right as one of the top 3-5 players out of that draft?.?.
that's exactly what i said earlier in the thread. his mistakes are magnified 100 times more than any other "draftnik" out there (probably becuase there are NO other ones)

kastofsna120 said:
that's exactly what i said earlier in the thread. his mistakes are magnified 100 times more than any other "draftnik" out there (probably becuase there are NO other ones)

Yeah I didn't read the whole thread:sneak: but you are definitely right.:)

fishypete said:

Points for Kiper, Saban has said that if JT had played outside LB in a 3-4 all his time he would already be a lock for the HALL. (Or words to that effect)

Winbaby#23 said:
Hey Boomer how are ya?? One question where you do you see Cutler going right now in the draft??

Good thanks Win......

Late to mid first depending on the week of practice in Mobile and the combine.

Boomer said:
Good thanks Win......

Late to mid first depending on the week of practice in Mobile and the combine.

Care to coment on the talking head at ESPN who has him going ahead of Matt?

Alex22 said:
Kiper said Taylor was a 6th round pick because of his lack of size

I dont have a link because this happend quite a few years ago, Ill look for one though

But he was probably right. A 235lb starting defensive end?????

Kiper would have been a fool to predict anything else. The draft is all about opinions.

dolphan117 said:
Care to coment on the talking head at ESPN who has him going ahead of Matt?

Is this the fool that works for the San Jose News? He's a Vandy grad himself. And should get himself down the asylum because he's bonkers.

Back
Top Bottom