Kiper's Big Board | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper's Big Board

dolphan117 said:
True, I was just suprised to see him ranked that high.
Cutler is the hottest prospect in the country right now based on potential, which is very, very, very large, but to remain hot, he has to show his skills on a consistent basis during the Senior Bowl and at the Combine. If he does this, I would strongly consider taking him in the first, although Mueller has said on the record that he does not draft QB's in the first round. (But there is a first time for everything).

dolphan117 said:
True, I was just suprised to see him ranked that high.

Understood....but I suspect he will slip down Kiper's board when underclassmen QB's and others declare and Kiper continues to adjusts his board. Then and only then will he fall far enough to a place Miami could grab him...but not convinced we use 1st round pick on QB from the middle of the pack. Now if we traded up, thats a different story.

Predaphin said:
Forget about Wisnston, where's Reggie Bush????

Kiper only places folks who are Seniors or underclassmen that declare....once Reggie declares he goes #1 or #1a

Predaphin said:
Forget about Wisnston, where's Reggie Bush????

He only listed Sr's. This list will be shaken up when he adds the rest.

I wouldn't say Cutler is by any means the hottest prospect in the draft right now. He's rising, but he'll only be able to consolidate a mid-first round position by having a good Senior Bowl and Combine. Still, the more people catch on, the more I think maybe we could get away with taking him in Round 1. I had previously thought he was stuck in a bit of a hole...that is he'd be a reach where we pick in round 1 (which I assume will be around #15) but he won't fall to our pick in Round 2. If everyone starts grading him out as a mid-first round pick, that allows us to get him without "reaching" so to speak. From a valuation standpoint you never want to reach for a guy, even if he's the best player on your board...because if you know he's significantly undervalued on everyone else's board it would be costly to take him with an inappropriately high pick in that you should have the opportunity to capitalize on the value inefficiency by trading down.

Schleprock said:
I can, Winston had a less than stellar year....especially considering the atrocity known as The U's O-line.

THe OL had a less than stellar year, considering his first year back from major knee surgery, I'd say it was successful. I've seen him listed on at least one mock draft in the first, so I was surprised not to see him in Mel's.

Danny said:
wow, if we want Cutler we'll have to take him right around where we are right now if not sooner.I know we're at 13 right now but we could move up or down....I think we're gonna stay right around where we are.If'd be nice to win out but is very posible that we go 2-2 in our last 4 games but if Cutler is the reward then I'm fine with it in the end.

Ozzy rules!!

I aint happy with anything less than 4-0

bigmiamifan said:
I can't believe Winston is not on there.

winston is dropping he had major problems in a few games this season right now he his projected late second

duss12 said:
winston is dropping he had major problems in a few games this season right now he his projected late second
i wouldn't go that far. he won't drop out of the top 25

Agent51 said:
I doubt DeMeco drops to the 2nd, with or without juniors.
Yeah but remember last year Kiper had Dan Cody like the #2 best overall for a long time and then in the draft he fell to the 2nd Round.

PhinsRDbest said:
Yeah but remember last year Kiper had Dan Cody like the #2 best overall for a long time and then in the draft he fell to the 2nd Round.
that's becuase he had a miserable senior bowl

i don't know if i'd pick up ryans anyway (this coming from a tide fan) he dosen't seem like he's got the size to play in our defense. He's listed at about 6'2" and at 235 but if anybody has seen him he looks to be about 225 or so. He'd have to bulk up by about 20-30 pounds to fit the 3-4 system saban is trying to revert to.

Back
Top Bottom