Kiper's Big Board | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper's Big Board

Alex22 said:
Yeah but remember this is mel kiper we cant take him serious
why? he has one of the best mock draft accuracy percentages around. he gets his information from NFL teams. if anything, he's the one guy we should listen to (not COMPLETELY, but you know what i mean)

kastofsna120 said:
why? he has one of the best mock draft accuracy percentages around. he gets his information from NFL teams. if anything, he's the one guy we should listen to (not COMPLETELY, but you know what i mean)

yes I know what you mean

But

He is also the guy that said JT couldnt play in the NFL, and that ryan leaf was the next marino

so I hope you also see what I mean

Alex22 said:
Yeah but remember this is mel kiper we cant take him serious

That's a very foolish statement. Kiper has forgotten more about the draft than most people will ever know. He does the work. He watches as much tape as anyone you could ever name.

Alex22 said:
yes I know what you mean

But

He is also the guy that said JT couldnt play in the NFL, and that ryan leaf was the next marino

so I hope you also see what I mean
but everyone said that about both players. that's why leaf was drafted high and taylor wasn't

kastofsna120 said:
but everyone said that about both players. that's why leaf was drafted high and taylor wasn't

He has made a lot of foolish comments over the years and dumb picks for players to be great

Almost all analysists hate him and say he has no more credibilty than their next door neighbor to do his job

Yes sometimes he does a great job, but only by pointing out the obvious

Boomer said:
That's a very foolish statement. Kiper has forgotten more about the draft than most people will ever know. He does the work. He watches as much tape as anyone you could ever name.

And made more bad predictions than anyone in NFL history

Boomer said:
plus he's got the insider information to go with it

alex, the reason GMs hate him is because he ridicules them for the picks they make. he's usually right on the money. jeff george?

Boomer said:
Hey Boomer how are ya?? One question where you do you see Cutler going right now in the draft??

Alex22 said:
And made more bad predictions than anyone in NFL history
pfft. he hasn't made that many in comparison to others. he's just the ONLY ONE anybody knows about, so when he makes a mistake, it makes it look like he was the only one who thought that, where in reality, most scouts and GMs agree with what he thinks

I get mixed up with Kiper's predictions and this so called draft guru.
I do pay attention to his draft board. He's just funny at times with
his hairdo. I believe this past draft he got in an argument with I think
it was Merrill Hoge. It was pretty funny, well Hoge argued with him about
Kiper thinks he knows everything and Hoge said that he is no expert.
Too funny

Schleprock said:
I can, Winston had a less than stellar year....especially considering the atrocity known as The U's O-line.

Winston actually came on late and looked much more fluid and mobile late in the season. Miami even put him in motion several times late in the season. He's only 13 months removed from major knee surgery.

The Canes OL meltdown against Ga Tech is almost exclusively attributed to the interior OL which was injury prone and outmatched this year. That's the one area of the team Miami has tried to get away with smart players but less than blue chip caliber. When they face a thug defense that attacks up the middle the Canes pay for it and will continue to. It's been a flaw going back to the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio St and arguably decades, including bowl flops against Alabama and Arizona, etc.

Eric Winston is hardly overrated. He has the feisty tenacious attitude that I love in an offensive lineman. It's one of the reasons I wanted Khalif Barnes so badly last year in the second round.

Winston came to Miami in fall 2002 when the Canes were on a long winning streak and coming off an unbeaten national championship season considered one of the best single season teams ever. Instead of being quiet and meak in the face of that, Winston picked fights with the vets in fall practice and was even told he had to take it easy during practice so he wouldn't hurt anyone. Keep in mind he was listed as a TE at that point, and played that position as a freshman. A year later he was moved to LT and Miami OL coach Art Kehoe, who has been there 20+ years, says point blank Winston is the most talented, smartest and most aggressive offensive lineman he's ever had at UM.

winston has been inconsistent the entire year. he was unstoppable in the vatech game, and although the interior of the line was mostly to blame for the gatech game, he had a MUCH worse game than the vatech game. the LSU game will make or break his draft stock

lets have an all UM o-line

we already have carey, now lets take winston lol

Carey can still be a great player IMO and winston is a great LT

kastofsna120 said:
winston has been inconsistent the entire year. he was unstoppable in the vatech game, and although the interior of the line was mostly to blame for the gatech game, he had a MUCH worse game than the vatech game. the LSU game will make or break his draft stock

Your right, if he has a great game vs LSU it makes his draft stock so much better than if he has an ok or bad game

Brsdd said:
Don't forget the list doesn't have juniors on it yet. Cutler's senior bowl and combine performances will ultimately decide where he goes, just as it did with Rivers.

:yeahthat:

Back
Top Bottom