Kobe Bryant still wants out of L.A. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kobe Bryant still wants out of L.A.

I know it is not going to happen but I hope he comes here... the only reason I support the lakers is because they got Kobe... whom I have a huge man/crush on... if he moved to the knicks then it would be perfect, I would get my favorite player in my hometown.... I know it is not going to happen but a man gotta have hope.

don't discount the Knicks thing too much.

LA won't trade him within the west. And Chicago doesn't really need him they are good enough without him to compete for a championship or just add a piece in free agency. Why give up a lot to get this clown.

The Knicks could throw a package of Frye, Lee, a bunch of picks not lottery protected.....if LA wants to get rid of him bad enough, it could happen. Especially since Kobe's shoe deal probably has that NY,LA,CHIC clause so he would want to stay in one of those 3 cities.

Or maybe NY pulls a 3-way with Indiana and Jermaine O'Neal ends up in LA.

I wouldn't bet on Kobe in NY, but its not insane.

don't discount the Knicks thing too much.

LA won't trade him within the west. And Chicago doesn't really need him they are good enough without him to compete for a championship or just add a piece in free agency. Why give up a lot to get this clown.

The Knicks could throw a package of Frye, Lee, a bunch of picks not lottery protected.....if LA wants to get rid of him bad enough, it could happen. Especially since Kobe's shoe deal probably has that NY,LA,CHIC clause so he would want to stay in one of those 3 cities.

Or maybe NY pulls a 3-way with Indiana and Jermaine O'Neal ends up in LA.

I wouldn't bet on Kobe in NY, but its not insane.
I understand, but I think the Bulls know that Kobe takes that team to the next level. I think the Bulls will be more than happy to give up Deng,Gordon, and Duhon along with draft picks for Kobe. Hinrich-Kobe would be a stellar combo and then add in a growing Thomas and Big Ben. Bulls would easily be the team to beat in the East.

I know NY is a possibility, but I want to ignore it because I hate the Knicks and revel in their misery and don't want my favorite player to make the Knicks a contender. I really hope Orlando makes a strong push for Kobe. I still think Kobe-Howard could be the second coming of the dynamic duo.

I still don’t think anything will happen.
He is under contract for another 2 years, what’s he going to do. Hold out, lose his endorsements? He isn't going anywhere.

I still don’t think anything will happen.
He is under contract for another 2 years, what’s he going to do. Hold out, lose his endorsements? He isn't going anywhere.

Then in two years he walks and LA gets nothing. I don't see them winning anything in the next two years anyway.

If I'm LA I'm at least taking offers.

Kobe is not going anywhere. He doing what he needs to do to get this franchise to do something. Jim Buss has ruin this team since he took over.

here's the thing though mate, the Lakers CAN'T do anything because of the cap. Kobe is tking up most of the cap, and Vlad/Odom/Kwame are eating up what's left so all they have is the MLE.

The JO trade isn' going down because the Pacers want Odom and Bynum (as well as the Lakers taking Murphy), but the LA doesn't want to give up both Odom and Bynum. The thing they need to realize is both are going to have to be involved in a trade. Nobody wants Kwame's contract, nobody want's Vlad's contract.

There is no and Thomas, But they may also take a bad contract away from the Lakers

Bro if you think the Lakers are gonna give up Kobe for Gordon, Deng and Duhon youre on that dust

well trade underachieving odom and a prospect bynum for allstar J. Oneal and Kobe wont opt out. Seems like a good trade to me. But of course Lakers FO wont see it like that.

So WHY does everyone think the Bulls would have to sell the farm for Kobe, but NY doesn't? That does not make sense. IF the Bulls have to sell the farm, then NY CAN NOT make the deal. They don't have comparable trading chips. On that hand, if LA would take Frye, Lee and some draft picks... then Hell, Chicago can trade duhon, gordon and some draft picks. LOL.

This all really comes down to how much Kobe forces LAs hand. IF he really wants out bad enough they will have to take what they can get. PERIOD. Because if he really can opt out of his contract after this season ... and he says he will... LA better get something for him instead of NOTHING.

So WHY does everyone think the Bulls would have to sell the farm for Kobe, but NY doesn't? That does not make sense. IF the Bulls have to sell the farm, then NY CAN NOT make the deal. They don't have comparable trading chips. On that hand, if LA would take Frye, Lee and some draft picks... then Hell, Chicago can trade duhon, gordon and some draft picks. LOL.

This all really comes down to how much Kobe forces LAs hand. IF he really wants out bad enough they will have to take what they can get. PERIOD. Because if he really can opt out of his contract after this season ... and he says he will... LA better get something for him instead of NOTHING.

because when you HAVE more the other team (LA) will WANT more!! They won't "settle for less".

Just human nature!

because when you HAVE more the other team (LA) will WANT more!! They won't "settle for less".

Just human nature!

But then why would they "settle" for less from NY? NY could give up Curry, Crawford, etc...

Bro if you think the Lakers are gonna give up Kobe for Gordon, Deng and Duhon youre on that dust

this is the same team that traded Shaq for Odom,Butler, and Grant then traded Butler for Kwame. If Kobe wants a trade, he'll get a trade.

well trade underachieving odom and a prospect bynum for allstar J. Oneal and Kobe wont opt out. Seems like a good trade to me. But of course Lakers FO wont see it like that.

they'd actually also have to take on Troy Murphy, who is not a bad player just not good defensively and his contract is bloated.

Chicago would not have to sell the farm, but it might be easier for the Knicks to make a trade due to salaries. They'd probably have to include Crawford in the deal, and Frye is also needed. I also would expect the Lakers to ask for either Collins or Robinson, and Isiah might try to unload Francis or QRich onto them, but The salaries are easier to match up than Chicago's (whose team for the most part is still playing on rookie contracts)

Back
Top Bottom