LAL vs. SAS The Showdown Thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LAL vs. SAS The Showdown Thread

Now the league says its a foul...

NBA:Its A Foul

League acknowledges Spurs' Barry was fouled

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The league office on Wednesday reviewed the final play of the San Antonio Spurs' 93-91 home loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals and acknowledged that a two-shot foul should have been called on Derek Fisher for impeding Brent Barry.

After falling behind by seven points in the final minute, San Antonio sliced the deficit to two and regained possession with 2.1 seconds to play.

Barry then wound up with the ball in the center of the floor on a play called for Manu Ginobili and faked Fisher in the air but struggled to get off a 3-point heave at the buzzer after Fisher came down and bumped Barry.

"With the benefit of instant replay, it appears a foul call should have been made," league spokesman Tim Frank said Wednesday.

The miss sealed an L.A. victory that moved the Lakers into a commanding 3-1 series lead entering Thursday's Game 5 at Staples Center.

But the Spurs did not protest the non-call afterward, even though a foul called before the shot would have sent Barry to the line for two free throws and a chance to force overtime.

Gee thx NBA.We really appreciate that.Now get rid of that fruit cake Joey Crawford for Spurs games!

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Gee thx NBA.We really appreciate that.Now get rid of that fruit cake Joey Crawford for Spurs games!
get over it. That play alone doesn't decide the game. And also for once stop with the "everyone is against us" act; its getting lame. There are other calls that could be scrutinized, the Fisher shot that definitely hit the rim, Kobe not going to the Free Throw line a single time, among others. Point is Lakers were the better team that game and have looked like a better team throughout this series. Now get over yourself.

Good,now while your at it,go through and find all the no-calls and calls against the Spurs.Oh.I forgot youre a Laker fan.:lol:

I mean seriously, why would the refs show bias for the Spurs?

So how does this justify Fisher jumping into Barry on the final shot?Wether Barry traveled or not is not even in the discussion.Oh,unless its biased Lakers fans.

Call could of gone either way. From what I can see barry pick up his dribble and try to go around fish so he wasnt even in the act of shooting. At worst it would been a 2 shot foul with about 0.4s to play. Plenty of time for the Lakers :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. It might of been a make up call for a blown Duncan travel around the world shot and not reseting the 24 second on the previous play when Fish obviously hit the rim. If instant replay would of been implemented like your article say dre the game would of been over because of the previous play.

get over it. That play alone doesn't decide the game. And also for once stop with the "everyone is against us" act; its getting lame. There are other calls that could be scrutinized, the Fisher shot that definitely hit the rim, Kobe not going to the Free Throw line a single time, among others. Point is Lakers were the better team that game and have looked like a better team throughout this series. Now get over yourself.

Well when Laker fans come here and spout off how everything is against them, how are SA fans not justified to do the same thing?

Laker fans everywhere say it wasn't a foul. The league said it was. Who trumps who here?

So the refs were helping SA out? Did Kobe have any shots where he was fouled and deserved to go to the line?

Im over it.The NBA admitted making a bad call.How often does that happen?Dont get upset because the call should have been made..Its nobody on the Spurs fault.The ref makes the right call the outcome may have been different.You dont see any of the Spurs players whining about the call.Its all over the news.

The game was called badly both ways,but its funny the NBA admits that last play as being the bad call.Your own coach admits he bumped him.Reverse the situation and we would have you all crying about the call.

Kobe has basically been settling for jumpers this entire series.I'm sure you would see alot more whining from him about calls if he felt he was fouled.You get over yourself.Theres nothing going to be done about it now.And the BS about "the Lakers were the better team" is about as lame as you can get.How many times has the "better team" wound up not winning a game?See game 1 of this series.Learn something.

Call could of gone either way. From what I can see barry pick up his dribble and try to go around fish so he wasnt even in the act of shooting. At worst it would been a 2 shot foul with about 0.4s to play. Plenty of time for the Lakers :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. It might of been a make up call for a blown Duncan travel around the world shot and not reseting the 24 second on the previous play when Fish obviously hit the rim. If instant replay would of been implemented like your article say dre the game would of been over because of the previous play.

Again you can go and dissect any NBA playoff game and say "well if they had called this the outcome would have been different",or "if they had seen this",we would have won.The play in question by the NBA and many others was the Barry foul.Nothing else.And please read the article,it talks about some of the other stuff.Stop making excuses.This stuff about make up calls is lame too.NBA refs need to make the right call the first time,so there no need for a "makeup" call.What kind of BS is that?You Laker fans go on and on about things that didn't get called,but the national media and about everyone else is looking at the last play of the last game and asking the question.WAS IT A FOUL?

Kobe could have been called for traveling with about 12 seconds left too..but is anybody debating that?NO...Anyways game 5 tonight.:up:

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

I have no idea why the NBA would do that. David Stern is the smartest man in the room most of the time. Though admitting the outcome of a game was compromised because of bad officiating after the Donaghy scandal is bad judgement. They shouldn't of said anything and it'll die down.

I agree that Crawford shouldn't be doing Spurs games in the playoffs. Even if the NBA wants the best officials and he graded out as one. With last years Duncan/Crawford spat if he were to be officiating games now it should be in the ECF.

As comfortable as a 3-1 lead is I believe the Lakers need to close it out tonight or it'll go 7. I think they will. I'm trying to wonder when the last time I didn't see the Spurs get behind the first 5 minutes of a game and then have to crawl back. Even during the regular season they seem to start the game flat, then Popovich calls a timeout then they're fine.

I have no idea why the NBA would do that. David Stern is the smartest man in the room most of the time. Though admitting the outcome of a game was compromised because of bad officiating after the Donaghy scandal is bad judgement. They shouldn't of said anything and it'll die down.

I agree that Crawford shouldn't be doing Spurs games in the playoffs. Even if the NBA wants the best officials and he graded out as one. With last years Duncan/Crawford spat if he were to be officiating games now it should be in the ECF.

As comfortable as a 3-1 lead is I believe the Lakers need to close it out tonight or it'll go 7. I think they will. I'm trying to wonder when the last time I didn't see the Spurs get behind the first 5 minutes of a game and then have to crawl back. Even during the regular season they seem to start the game flat, then Popovich calls a timeout then they're fine.

Im surprised myself...The NBA is usually hard pressed to admit any wrong doing,but maybe this is a step in the right direction.Maybe it will help make officiating better.One thing that needs to stop is "since player A is nobody",hes not getting the call.Player B is a star so he'll get it every time.A foul is a foul no ifs ands or buts.

The Spurs have been ragged and banged up much of the season.Sometimes they have looked like the old championship Spurs, other times it seems to me that they are worn out.For some reason these cold shooting spells have taken over more often than not.While experience is key,the Spurs need younger, fresher legs for the future.

The league did admit that the Billups 3 in the Orlando Series was a bad call. Frankly, I'm surprised they would admit wrong about either.

I think the non call on Barry was a makeup call for the shot clock call a couple seconds before. I think it's a simple as that. Both teams had calls go against them in the last 4 seconds.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3416579

As if the league needs to concern itself with more judgement calls...

Its gotten to a point where coaches teach players to flop to accentuate the foul....about time the NBA did something. And this should be pretty easy to judge if its all being done after the fact. Contrary to what coach k may say, flopping is not defense.

The league did admit that the Billups 3 in the Orlando Series was a bad call. Frankly, I'm surprised they would admit wrong about either.

I think the non call on Barry was a makeup call for the shot clock call a couple seconds before. I think it's a simple as that. Both teams had calls go against them in the last 4 seconds.

Just what the NBA needs...A "makeup" call with 2.5 seconds to go in the WCF.:up:

Its gotten to a point where coaches teach players to flop to accentuate the foul....about time the NBA did something. And this should be pretty easy to judge if its all being done after the fact. Contrary to what coach k may say, flopping is not defense.

Yeah but if the guys don't flop I don't think they'll get the foul. I've seen PG's run into Shaq and he fly like he's been shot in the face. If he just stands there and the PG runs into him and goes flying it's a foul on Shaq. Even if he has position established because the ref will see the guy go flying and Shaq standing still. It is a bit ridiculous, but then again so is the NBA's officiating.

My god. Kobe Bryant is just fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom