Landry Trade Idea | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Idea

Trade the heart and soul of this team and arguably it's best player, for what? Just dumb because we won't get a 1st rounder and if we lost him as a FA I think we'd get a 3rd rounder. 3rd for Juice? Right. Dumb.

You guys really think he has like some kind of effect on the pysche of other grown men. Put yourself there, as a grown man you need jarvis landry to get you prepared to do your job. Next man up

We should bring TEBOW in to be the heart and soul of miami, his competitive force will rub off on the other players. Try him as tight end/fullback/special teamer. Maybe even dust off the wildcat. Imagine his heart touching these grown football players. Oh the possibilities!

Again with this heart and soul BS lmao.

Again with this heart and soul BS lmao.

So are you refuting that heart and emotion have no place in football? Because I can list off a whole bunch of players who exhibit heart and emotion on the field that make a difference.

How can we forget when everyone referred to Chad Henne as "robot" because he showed no emotion on the field? So once again, because something doesn't fit your rhetoric, you completely try to negate it.

Landry is the Cam Wake of the offense. He's incredibly hard working, he's passionate, he's a tough SOB, and he's a damn good football player. You guys all spout off "intangibles this, intangibles that" and Landry has the intangibles. And he's worth $12M a season.

Trading him would be the worst mistake this team has made in a long, long time. As would letting him walk.

I didnt say he was an expert i said he was educated. Do u know the difference. How sad and lonely do u have to be to have a problem with that post??
I know exactly what you said/meant. What I'm saying is if you need him to spell out for you why this is a bad move your post it self was a uneducated one. Meaning educated yourself on why this trade would never work

Welcome to finheaven.

As I'm sure you surmised, new opinions are heavily scrutinized here. Please do not let it get you down.

In general there are a wide and vocal opinions regarding players. Whenever you put both a vote of no confidence and a flat value on 3 different Dolphins, two of which are personal favorites of many posters, you are going to ignite a firestorm of lash back.

It's often best to start small, adding to a discussion about a single player, and not initially talking about getting rid of anybody. Then people get to know you as a poster, see your rationale, and maybe are less judgemental and dismissive. Then after people recognize and are more willing to listen to your reasonable opinions,

Welcome, and good luck.

I think the break of Gase's carefully crafted player loyalty would be instantly destroyed if we Grassley tried to cash in on two of our best and most loyal players. No player would believe or have faith in Gase ever again if he did that.

... Or, they respond in the usual manner:

simpsons-fire.gif

:laugh

I know exactly what you said/meant. What I'm saying is if you need him to spell out for you why this is a bad move your post it self was a uneducated one. Meaning educated yourself on why this trade would never work

No bro I didnt need him to spell it out, i actually dont think he's 100 percent correct. I pointed out his educated opinion, because it was related to my trade and based on the way he feels. It wasn't just haters posting typical unfunny message board replies. It was about his approach to the question, not his answer. I complemented his effort, maybe i should be more specific as to not offend someone. Youre welcome.

Scary sentence. Beyond scary.

This is where the tape stuff is taken to bizarre extreme and conclusion. Football is glorified chaos. That’s by definition with 22 guys on the field at all times. The intentions may seem swell before launch but once that play begins the permutations are endless. Consequently it’s all about instincts, angles, smarts, determination and raw ability.

Scheme would rank near last on the list, and certainly below anything above.

That will outrage the tape/adjuster crew but they make a career of overstating all minutiae. A full week between games and a seventh month offseason enable that type of malformed focus.

Build a great player and he will come and make plays. That so-called system deficiency is wiped out within two steps, once the new guy is glaringly superior to all our wonderful perfect pegs of yore. Gad, did you see that?

As always, outliers are meaningless. Interneters love to scramble for the deflective exception, as if they have diffused. The scrambling proves the point.

More often than not. The high end here isn’t even visible from lowlands occupied by the scheme exceptions.

I have little doubt the Dolphins brass have similarly obsessed over scheme in recent years, largely explaining our remarkable lack of undeniably great players. It shouldn’t be possible to avoid that type as dependably as we have.

What's scary is how little scheme ask understand you have. Kinda like you gurus in the draft forum pining for tj watt a complete 2 point stance player with the scheme ask as a 34 olb in Pittsburgh and on college tape and Miami asking its des schematically to play in all 3 and 4 point stances. As if Miami was a correct fit.

The only "adjustment" there would be asking a guy to do something different as a pro than what you graded out as a top 10 worthy grade player to begin with.

Whoops.

How about this trade?
Jarvis Landry
Jordan Phillips
2nd round pick

For

Aaron Donald
Tavon Austin.

How about this trade?
Jarvis Landry
Jordan Phillips
2nd round pick

For

Aaron Donald
Tavon Austin.

Nah bro that is not enough for Donald, dont care about Austin. LA Rams wouldnt be able to get "Juice" the ball enough, unlike my tampa trade.

Last edited:
Tampa can turn a linebacker and defensive tackle into undoubtedly a top 5 ELITE YOUNG offensive power house.

Top offenses in order, Pats, Falcons, (My Bucs) Steelers, Cowboys, Packers. My Bucs are just scarier than any other one of those squads, but obviously paper doesn't match up with proven success.

If Tampa wins SB in next 2 years, Landry, Winston, Evans all take discountz homie.

I am playing as these Bucs in Madden 18, by the way.

Last edited:
I'd trade Landry if the price is right.

He's not untouchable, nor is his the best WR on the team.

Bruh, how is there any receiver on this roster that is currently better than Jarvis? And we're not talking about potential. We're talking about performance in the league thus far.

See if Tampa will trade you some of that depth lb group they have. Kendall beckwith is already showing better than anything in our 2 deep and he's a mike/strong option that fits the scheme. He'd start over hull in a nanosecond.

Tavon Austin is the most overpaid player in football. A gimmick player

Back
Top Bottom