LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

You seriously don't think that spending the way they do helps them have an edge over everybody else? What other team has been able to make it to the World Series in every decade since the 1920's? "Oh, they hadn't won a World Series since 2000!" So? They also made it in 2001 and 2003. Even in the 80's, which is considered their worst decade they made it in 1981. 17 more titles than the next team? Yeah, outspending everyone hasn't helped them one bit...

Spending gives an edge but good decisions get the edge over spending. One of the reasons we didn't win was b/c we were spending so much and making the wrong decisions.

You are brining up pre 90s? There wasn't a huge gap in spending until probably the early 2000s. The Yanks are the greatest franchise in all of sports and have been consistent winners not b/c of money but b/c they have had good people running the oprganization in most years.

Buying a title is waht Fla '97 or ARi '01 did, the Yanks have a long list of homegrown guys on their team. The Sox in '04 had ONE homegrown regular- THAT is more buying a title than anything the Yanks have done.

Spending gives an edge but good decisions get the edge over spending. One of the reasons we didn't win was b/c we were spending so much and making the wrong decisions.

You are brining up pre 90s? There wasn't a huge gap in spending until probably the early 2000s. The Yanks are the greatest franchise in all of sports and have been consistent winners not b/c of money but b/c they have had good people running the oprganization in most years.

Buying a title is waht Fla '97 or ARi '01 did, the Yanks have a long list of homegrown guys on their team. The Sox in '04 had ONE homegrown regular- THAT is more buying a title than anything the Yanks have done.

Watch game 6 of the '77 series and listen to Howard Cosell call them "the best team money can buy." Yes, they've had great people running it. But money has helped them a great deal.

Watch game 6 of the '77 series and listen to Howard Cosell call them "the best team money can buy." Yes, they've had great people running it. But money has helped them a great deal.

Who cares what Cosell said in game 6 of the '77 series? They had 2 high profile FAs on that team- Reggie and Catfish. The team payrolls were close to eahc other in those days, all teams had chances to sign those guys and they did not. Philly had Pete Rose and Steve Carlton in '80- did they buy the WS?

I don't know how this turned into a Yankees convo but i will have to agree with junc. In sports money doesn't mean spit if you don't how to spend it. i.e.Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins, NY Knicks, Dallas Mavericks(doors closing on this franchise), Detroit Pistons as of late etc....If you dont spend the money properly whats the point in spending it at all.

EDIT: Just for funsies I'll even put the Heat on that list untill they win someting

Man, anyone seen how awesome that 8-27 Cleveland team is this year?

What the hell was LeBron thinking??

:lol: :lol:

Some of you are just mad. Plain and simple. Nothing more. Nothing less.

MAD

All is quiet in this thread now.

Not a single person defending the Cleveland Cavaliers.

And LeBron James will ONCE AGAIN be vindicated tonight when the Heat beat the immortal Hell out of that sorry *** franchise from Cleveland.

LeBron is a quitter, eh? I guess the Cavaliers have just ran into a little bad luck. No way an 8-39 team would ever quit with this much time left in the season. After all, this team DID win 60+ games last season. Surely this is just the worst luck ever. I mean, they had enough talent on the team to win the NBA title last season.

Where are all of those dudes who defended Cleveland and called LeBron a quitter? Don't tell me you dudes have QUIT in this thread. Get in here and defend one of the worst sports franchises in the history of EVER.

:lol: :lol:

clear.gif

Cleveland has lost what?, 14 straight games?

Baller status...

It's cool man. Bad luck. Any day now they're going to make the playoffs.

nyjunk said this was a 40 win team. PLAYOFFS!

Wait...

playoffs-1.jpg

Thisis NOt the same team that was around James and they have lost tons of guys this year to injuries as well. If all things were equal they would have been a playoff contender. lebron has had trouble winning w/ Bosh out too let's not forget and the greatest team ever assembled dopes have 14 losses already- I thought they were supposed to break the Bulls wins mark?

The grand tradition of message board logic.....one idiotic comment really isn't so bad when compared to the stupidity of others.

I see you waited until they lost a few games so the little barb could be thrown in there. I got some bad news though.....I think they're going to go on another run for the next month or so, and you're going to have to disappear a little while until the next snide comment can be made.

That Cleveland team is bad....it was bad with Varejao and is bad without him. Mo Williams was arguably the worst player on that team, and I don't see how Sessions and Gibson taking his minutes has hurt them at all. The real embarrassment for the franchise has gotta be Hickson. This was the new franchise cornerstone.....the guy that the team simply could not part with even if it meant acquiring Amare. Oops.....

The thing I never really appreciated about Lebron is the defense. You had heard about from commentators over the past few years about his dramatic improvement but I always thought it was more just the superstar getting overhyped in every aspect of his game. It is impressive though.....seeing how he transforms the game with his length and quickness.

The grand tradition of message board logic.....one idiotic comment really isn't so bad when compared to the stupidity of others.

I see you waited until they lost a few games so the little barb could be thrown in there. I got some bad news though.....I think they're going to go on another run for the next month or so, and you're going to have to disappear a little while until the next snide comment can be made.

That Cleveland team is bad....it was bad with Varejao and is bad without him. Mo Williams was arguably the worst player on that team, and I don't see how Sessions and Gibson taking his minutes has hurt them at all. The real embarrassment for the franchise has gotta be Hickson. This was the new franchise cornerstone.....the guy that the team simply could not part with even if it meant acquiring Amare. Oops.....

The thing I never really appreciated about Lebron is the defense. You had heard about from commentators over the past few years about his dramatic improvement but I always thought it was more just the superstar getting overhyped in every aspect of his game. It is impressive though.....seeing how he transforms the game with his length and quickness.

Sort of like you guys didn't say a word earlier in the season whent he heat were struggling and Cle was playing well?

I don't care about the NBA, it is boring. You guys dragged me back in, I didn't just come in here taking a shot. YOU guys did b/c Cle is beat up and they don't have the same talent they had around Lebron the last few years.

What I do know is guys were talking about them winning more than the '96 Bulls and we arean't even at the All Star break and there is no shot for that. Sorry if that offends you, next time don't bring me up.

Thisis NOt the same team that was around James and they have lost tons of guys this year to injuries as well. If all things were equal they would have been a playoff contender. lebron has had trouble winning w/ Bosh out too let's not forget and the greatest team ever assembled dopes have 14 losses already- I thought they were supposed to break the Bulls wins mark?

C'mon junc, nobody said they were going to do it but Van Gundy. Would it have been possible, yes. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would've been moresurprised if the Heat woudn't have won 60 games than if they did beat the Bulls record. Thats different than saying they were going to. And those injuries wouldn't have made that big of difference(maybe Verajao's a little bit) when going against this years East teams. All the teams that are seeded right now are the ones that were always going to be seeded.

Remeber, the Celtics became the team that they are without any real competition. The Heat are slowly becoming the best team in the East even though there is alot more competition this year. I love how the Heat are held to a double standard b/c excuses come out left and right about injuries to other teams but forget that UD has been out almost the whole year and Mike Miller just came back into the rotation.

C'mon junc, nobody said they were going to do it but Van Gundy. Would it have been possible, yes. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would've been moresurprised if the Heat woudn't have won 60 games than if they did beat the Bulls record. Thats different than saying they were going to. And those injuries wouldn't have made that big of difference(maybe Verajao's a little bit) when going against this years East teams. All the teams that are seeded right now are the ones that were always going to be seeded.

Remeber, the Celtics became the team that they are without any real competition. The Heat are slowly becoming the best team in the East even though there is alot more competition this year. I love how the Heat are held to a double standard b/c excuses come out left and right about injuries to other teams but forget that UD has been out almost the whole year and Mike Miller just came back into the rotation.

I agree for the most part but it's all about the big 3, it doesn't matter about haslem and Miller. They can't use that excuse.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....I love this thread and I love how JCane just rubs it in...:hi5:

305 *******!

Back
Top Bottom