LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

Miami fans that now love Lebron are making excuses for him. He's obviously the biggest reason they were contenders(and actually considered the favorites in the East the last 2 years) but he couldn't get it done when it mattered most.

Lebron is probably my least favorite player on the Heat. He's barely in the top 5 of players that I used to rush to go watch play in south beach. Kobe being right behind Dwade as a main draw to get me down there to watch some games. But Gilbert just made me understand what Lebron did by leaving. Mike Browns system was horrible along with no help is the biggest reason he couldn't get it done when it mattered. No favoritism, just understanding.

Nowhere have I been proven wrong, I can't help it if heat fans all of a sudden think lebron never had any help. Why was Clevalnd considered the favorites going into postseason the last 2 years? These are all excuses for lebron.

For the same reason he's been called the chosen one for the past decade, the media has total control over whats being said and who's being favored.

No, it's not the job of his teammates to carry lebron. it's their job to play their roles and contribute but when Lebron isn't playing well it makes it difficult for those role players to do their jobs.

No, Jamison was brought in to be a second scorer, he couldn't do that. Its simple, your paid, your brought in, you help. No matter what. Not just to hold the ball and than pass to Lebron. You don't bring in Shaqs over inflated contract just to play a role next to Lebron. You expect him to contribute and step up when needed. He was getting paid way too much to expect him just play a minimum role. You dont trade for Jamison just to expect him to be an extra set of hands for ball rotation. You want him to be the second option.

Kobe has won before! he had a bad game 7 but he didn't have back to back awful games in the 2 biggest games of the year. lebron has never won anything, his teammates don't have confidence he can get it done in big games, the lakers know Kob can get it done in a big spot even if he struggles for 45 minutes. They know they can count on him, that is a huge burden off of the role players and allows them to play more relaxed.

If Lebrons teammates didnt have confidence in him, why was everyone on that team so upset that he left? Why are players like Shaq waiting to see what he does in free agency before they decide? This makes no sense. They had too much faith in him and too much confidence in him.

It does speak for itslef that lebron left, he wants a championship handed to him. That's all it tells us.

Why would it be alright for him to take the money in lue of a championship instead of take a championship in lue of money? Why would he want to do all the work in Cleveland when Shaq is about to be resigned at the MLE just to sit out another 40 games, come in during the playoffs, and not contribute to the cause. Even if Lebron took a paycut, nobody wanted to come to Miami.

One of the best people to comment on this situation: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chi...evin-garnett-to-lebron-loyalty-hurts-you.html

They are starting over b/c their version of Jordan walked away from the team. This is equivalent to Michael Jordan becoming a FA after the 1990 season b/c he didn't think he could ever beat Detroit. Scottie Pippen wasn't considered really good until after they started winning titles, he was considered this soft guy who couldn't play against the big boys. If Jordan could have left and did leave we'd all think of that Bulls team the way you guys think of Clevalnd right now.

Yes but by todays standards of the NBA Scottie Pippen is Jordan. Cleveland had no such person to back up Lebron. No matter how you slice it Scottie was probably the second best option in NBA history. He played lock down defense and although his numbers may not have shown it in stats, it shows more on the type of player that Jordan was, not the type of player that Scottie isnt.

He left cleveland to be handed a title, there's a difference btw help and forming a super team.

Replied earlier but I'll go into it even more.

In his seven years in Cleveland, I'm surprised that nobody has picked up on the MJ comparison and how Lebron doesn't want or need to be "the Man". He is fascilitator . He's not Jordan, He's more Magic Johnson. This is the reason that you take him out of the "next jordan" debate. Not because he left Cleveland, b/c he never tried to assume that role. I have been saying it from the first day that I saw him play.

Antawn Jamison has averaged 20 PPg in his NBA career, in Pippen's 17 year career he only averaged over 20 FOUR times and averaged 16 PPG in his career. he had a 2nd scoring option.

Again, Pippen and Jamisons stats don't tell the whole story. All it does is tell you the type of person that the first option was, not the type of person either of these guys are. Why can't the people that are against the Lebron move see that Jamison is better suited coming off the bench as a 6th instead a second option. He played too soft on the perimeter and caused James to pick up too much slack when they were on the floor together.

I think these two articles by this guy are probably the best for his argument for leaving and "being handed a championship"

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/18462/magic-johnson-sought-elite-teammates-too

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/18416/the-michael-jordan-view-of-lebron-james

Lebron is probably my least favorite player on the Heat. He's barely in the top 5 of players that I used to rush to go watch play in south beach. Kobe being right behind Dwade as a main draw to get me down there to watch some games. But Gilbert just made me understand what Lebron did by leaving. Mike Browns system was horrible along with no help is the biggest reason he couldn't get it done when it mattered. No favoritism, just understanding.

For the same reason he's been called the chosen one for the past decade, the media has total control over whats being said and who's being favored.

No, Jamison was brought in to be a second scorer, he couldn't do that. Its simple, your paid, your brought in, you help. No matter what. Not just to hold the ball and than pass to Lebron. You don't bring in Shaqs over inflated contract just to play a role next to Lebron. You expect him to contribute and step up when needed. He was getting paid way too much to expect him just play a minimum role. You dont trade for Jamison just to expect him to be an extra set of hands for ball rotation. You want him to be the second option.

If Lebrons teammates didnt have confidence in him, why was everyone on that team so upset that he left? Why are players like Shaq waiting to see what he does in free agency before they decide? This makes no sense. They had too much faith in him and too much confidence in him.

Why would it be alright for him to take the money in lue of a championship instead of take a championship in lue of money? Why would he want to do all the work in Cleveland when Shaq is about to be resigned at the MLE just to sit out another 40 games, come in during the playoffs, and not contribute to the cause. Even if Lebron took a paycut, nobody wanted to come to Miami.

One of the best people to comment on this situation: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chi...evin-garnett-to-lebron-loyalty-hurts-you.html

Yes but by todays standards of the NBA Scottie Pippen is Jordan. Cleveland had no such person to back up Lebron. No matter how you slice it Scottie was probably the second best option in NBA history. He played lock down defense and although his numbers may not have shown it in stats, it shows more on the type of player that Jordan was, not the type of player that Scottie isnt.

Replied earlier but I'll go into it even more.

In his seven years in Cleveland, I'm surprised that nobody has picked up on the MJ comparison and how Lebron doesn't want or need to be "the Man". He is fascilitator . He's not Jordan, He's more Magic Johnson. This is the reason that you take him out of the "next jordan" debate. Not because he left Cleveland, b/c he never tried to assume that role. I have been saying it from the first day that I saw him play.

Again, Pippen and Jamisons stats don't tell the whole story. All it does is tell you the type of person that the first option was, not the type of person either of these guys are. Why can't the people that are against the Lebron move see that Jamison is better suited coming off the bench as a 6th instead a second option. He played too soft on the perimeter and caused James to pick up too much slack when they were on the floor together.

I think these two articles by this guy are probably the best for his argument for leaving and "being handed a championship"

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/18462/magic-johnson-sought-elite-teammates-too

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/18416/the-michael-jordan-view-of-lebron-james

They were considered favroites b/c a)everyone expected Lebron to eventually take that next step and b)they had the best record in the reg season each of the last 2 years.

I don't disagree that jamison did not do his job.

They know Lebron will eventually win, he's a great player but they have never seen him do it in big games in postseason like the Lakers have w/ Kobe.

Who cares what Garnett says? His situation was completely different than Lebron and he was never on the level of Lebron.

Scottie was a really good player, he was not the 2nd best option in NBA history. If he doesn't get lucky and play most of his career w/ Michael we'd have a very different opinion of him.

Who cares what role he tries to assume? He's an elite player like a Michael or Magic, Magic never would have run away either. Magic was a competitor the way Michael was, Lebron is not the competitor those 2 players were and that is disappointing as a basketball fan.

They were considered favroites b/c a)everyone expected Lebron to eventually take that next step and b)they had the best record in the reg season each of the last 2 years.

Agreed

I don't disagree that jamison did not do his job.

They know Lebron will eventually win, he's a great player but they have never seen him do it in big games in postseason like the Lakers have w/ Kobe.

Again, Kobe is my second fav player in the NBA so I say this completley unbiased, Kobe choked extremely hard in game 7. He may not have had two bad games in a row but when it was time to beat win the series, Kobe needed soooo much help. The teams Lebron lost to in the past 2 years were more well rounded teams and ended up playing against Kobes Lakers in the Finals.

Who cares what Garnett says? His situation was completely different than Lebron and he was never on the level of Lebron.
Garnett has a very valid opinion in whats going on. Dan Gilbert was/is running the Cavs the same way the Twolves GM was running them when Garnett was there. Bringing in FA that didn't do enough and relied to heavily on "the kid".

Scottie was a really good player, he was not the 2nd best option in NBA history. If he doesn't get lucky and play most of his career w/ Michael we'd have a very different opinion of him.

If he doesn't get lucky? If Magic doesn't get lucky and LA doesn't win the coin toss...That didn't happen and he bacame who became. Don't try to take anything away from his play by hypothetical scenarios.

Who cares what role he tries to assume? He's an elite player like a Michael or Magic, Magic never would have run away either. Magic was a competitor the way Michael was, Lebron is not the competitor those 2 players were and that is disappointing as a basketball fan.

Did you even read either of those articles? The public should care what role Lebron wants to assume. Not what role we want him to assume. He's a fascilitator. There was nobody to fascilitate the ball to when it came down to running the floor. He never said, I wanna do it alone, I'm the best, I wanna be just like Mike. The public said that about him. Yeah he's an elite player but when but elite players never do it alone.

I don't think LeBron ever embraced "The Chosen One." He's never been comfotable being thrown in Jordan's spotlight. Again, the fans set expectations too high because the media told them to. LeBron has never wanted that burden nor embraced it. Kobe did. Kobe welcomed it. LeBron has always said that he seen himself as more of a distributor and more Magic Johnson-like than Jordan-like.

Agreed

Again, Kobe is my second fav player in the NBA so I say this completley unbiased, Kobe choked extremely hard in game 7. He may not have had two bad games in a row but when it was time to beat win the series, Kobe needed soooo much help. The teams Lebron lost to in the past 2 years were more well rounded teams and ended up playing against Kobes Lakers in the Finals.

Garnett has a very valid opinion in whats going on. Dan Gilbert was/is running the Cavs the same way the Twolves GM was running them when Garnett was there. Bringing in FA that didn't do enough and relied to heavily on "the kid".

If he doesn't get lucky? If Magic doesn't get lucky and LA doesn't win the coin toss...That didn't happen and he bacame who became. Don't try to take anything away from his play by hypothetical scenarios.

Did you even read either of those articles? The public should care what role Lebron wants to assume. Not what role we want him to assume. He's a fascilitator. There was nobody to fascilitate the ball to when it came down to running the floor. He never said, I wanna do it alone, I'm the best, I wanna be just like Mike. The public said that about him. Yeah he's an elite player but when but elite players never do it alone.

Kobe was bad in game 7 but he's been great in so many big games he gets a pass. Where are all the great Lebron performances in big spots where he has earned a pass?

Orlando was a 1 man show and they beat Cleveland last year.

Garnett doesn't have a valid opinion, he's not in the Lebron category and his struggles in a then powerful west had nothing to do w/ Lebron. Garnett couldn't even get out of rd 1 except ofr 1 year. Lebron has been consistently out of rd 1 and has reached multiple conf finals and the finals.

Magic was a winner, he won in college and then won in the NBA. The lakers had talent but they weren't winning titles during that era until they got Magic. Magic would have found a way to win anywhere.

I didn't read the articles. I know he's not a competitor the way Magic or Michael were and again that's disappointing as a basketball fan.

I don't think LeBron ever embraced "The Chosen One." He's never been comfotable being thrown in Jordan's spotlight. Again, the fans set expectations too high because the media told them to. LeBron has never wanted that burden nor embraced it. Kobe did. Kobe welcomed it. LeBron has always said that he seen himself as more of a distributor and more Magic Johnson-like than Jordan-like.

He's always embraced the chosen one and King James nicknames.

Which proves my theory that Cleveland was a fraud and they always were.

They were b/c of their star who celebrated that game winning shot in game 2 like he just won the NBA title.

They weren't a fraud because of LeBron lol. Just face it, that team just wasn't very good. LeBron gave everything to that organization for seven years and what did he get in return?

Fat Shaq. Delonte West. JJ Hickson. Jamario Moon. Antawn Jamison lol. I told everyone do not be surprised if Boston takes Cleveland to seven games. And everyone was surprised. Too much experience in the playoffs. Too much depth. Better coach.

They weren't a fraud because of LeBron lol. Just face it, that team just wasn't very good. LeBron gave everything to that organization for seven years and what did he get in return?

Fat Shaq. Delonte West. JJ Hickson. Jamario Moon. Antawn Jamison lol. I told everyone do not be surprised if Boston takes Cleveland to seven games. And everyone was surprised. Too much experience in the playoffs. Too much depth. Better coach.

If lebron plays like he is capable they get to the finals each of the last 2 year w/ a great chance to win.

I think the big CHOSEN ONE tattoo across LeBron's back speaks otherwise.

And while he may be more like Magic, he has always looked for MJ's approval. Course, both Magic and MJ wanted the ball in their hands at the end of the game. LeBron doesn't.

I think the big CHOSEN ONE tattoo across LeBron's back speaks otherwise.

And while he may be more like Magic, he has always looked for MJ's approval. Course, both Magic and MJ wanted the ball in their hands at the end of the game. LeBron doesn't.

:lol:

I had no idea about that tattoo to be honest.

I think LeBron will be more comfortable taking the final shot with Wade alongside because he knows he has Wade there. Maybe it's a psychological thing. He wasn't very comfortable in Cleveland that's for sure. He probably doesn't like the pressure. And that's understandable. So people thrive and some collapse under pressure. But I wouldn't br suprised at all this season to see LeBron take a game winning shot with Wade on the court.

Those guys aren't on a Lebron level but one guy who is did the same thing and that was ARod. he wanted a title handed to him, he wanted to jump on the Yankee train and b/c he couldn't play in October they didn't win until 5 years later. That would be funny if that also happened to Lebron.

What's funny is the Nets' record and the fact that they didn't get anybody in free agency with all the cap space they had. And face it, pretty much every free agent (good, great, mediocre) that signs with the Yankees is having a championship bought for them.

What's funny is the Nets' record and the fact that they didn't get anybody in free agency with all the cap space they had. And face it, pretty much every free agent (good, great, mediocre) that signs with the Yankees is having a championship bought for them.

The Yanks have ONE title in the last 9 years, how are they buying titles?

The Yanks have ONE title in the last 9 years, how are they buying titles?

You seriously don't think that spending the way they do helps them have an edge over everybody else? What other team has been able to make it to the World Series in every decade since the 1920's? "Oh, they hadn't won a World Series since 2000!" So? They also made it in 2001 and 2003. Even in the 80's, which is considered their worst decade they made it in 1981. 17 more titles than the next team? Yeah, outspending everyone hasn't helped them one bit...

Back
Top Bottom