Let's give a shout out to Stephen M. Ross for hiring Adam Gase | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's give a shout out to Stephen M. Ross for hiring Adam Gase

New ownership for some I guess entails a steep learning curve. I think Ross's was steeper than most. He needed/needs to keep his mouth shut when making comparisons to Shula or Marino and I think he's calmed down in that respect. He's always seemed to be willing to $pend so I don't think that's been an issue. Still don't think he's one of the best owners - at least yet, but he's not doing badly. Also like his instincts of telling his people to make the Gase hire happen, giving Philbin the ultimatum of firing Sherman or losing his job (although he never should have extended Sadsack Joe) and stepping in to put the kibosh on trading for Kyle Orton have been pretty good. While I still think he was bamboozled by sports agent Trader Mike, I do, in principle, endorse the idea of hiring a football man and then mostly stepping aside.

I'd rather some of you not and continue being how you've been towards this owner. Laughing at all his attempts to make the team better, opening up his pockets, letting the people in charge of the team do their thing without interference.

Only a few of us have full support this owner and have never waivered.

Congratulations Mr. Ross.

You have been ridiculed for trying many times......but your perseverance has paid off. On behalf of us fans....thank you!

I must admit I had previously said the Dolphins would not win a Super Bowl as long as Ross was the owner. While the Dolphins are a long-shot to accomplish that this year there is hope for the future and I must give Ross the credit he deserves.

Not giving the blind squirrel any accolades for finally finding a ****ing nut! He still sucks!

Blind Squirrel my ass. Not only did he get the right guy, but he also laid the groundwork, by not treating his previous coach like a temp employee, to make his HC job respectable to an in demand candidate like Gase. If he had been through 3 coaches in 4 years, chances are wed still be rolling in the mud right now.

I've always liked Ross, he's both level headed and a bit fired up too for an owner. Not to mention the resources he's provided the team.

Congrats Ross!!!

New ownership for some I guess entails a steep learning curve. I think Ross's was steeper than most. He needed/needs to keep his mouth shut when making comparisons to Shula or Marino and I think he's calmed down in that respect. He's always seemed to be willing to $pend so I don't think that's been an issue. Still don't think he's one of the best owners - at least yet, but he's not doing badly. Also like his instincts of telling his people to make the Gase hire happen, giving Philbin the ultimatum of firing Sherman or losing his job (although he never should have extended Sadsack Joe) and stepping in to put the kibosh on trading for Kyle Orton have been pretty good. While I still think he was bamboozled by sports agent Trader Mike, I do, in principle, endorse the idea of hiring a football man and then mostly stepping aside.

If you go back and look at what happened in Arthur Blank's first 3-4 years as owner of the Falcon, Ross's early tenure with us matches that.

I'm not ready to bow down and give all praise to the mighty Gase yet. They have played some very week teams (.420) and not fared well against the good ones. Let's give him another year or two before we deem him the next Shula.

I do like the way he changed it up after the first few games after what was happening wasn't working.

Like the saying goes "Even a broken clock is right twice a day", sounds like our broken clock, Stephen Ross got this one right.....cheers!

Ross struggled early, but has stepped up big time, spent major money to make this team great and has dropped 400 plus million of his own money to renovate the stadium.

Many owners would have left for another city if they didn't get the public to pay for a brand new stadium.

Ross gets too much flak as an owner.

I agree, one of the most important jobs of the owner is to have his wallet open at all time to do whatever if take to make the team better, and as far a money, he has never backed away... In fact, if not for a cap in the NFL, I think Ross every off-season would do a George Steinbrenner, and try to get the biggest FA of that year.

He just needs to have good Football people to advise him, his wallet, and excitement to do whatever it takes to win will always be there.

Word of caution, last year all Jets fans were grateful for Todd Bowles, now he's struggling to keep his job...

Word of caution, last year all Jets fans were grateful for Todd Bowles, now he's struggling to keep his job...

Good point, but I think with Tannehill we have a much better foundation for continued success. He's had some rough patches, but his floor has never been down at Fitzpatricks level when he's off (aka catastrophically bad)

Yep, never got why so many fans hate him. He shells out plenty of money on players, improved our stadium, and let's the football guys make the decisions.

This has been an amazing season, but there are many legit reasons for disliking Ross as an owner, it's just easy to forgive them at the moment.

-Forcing an incoming coach to keep Jeff Ireland as GM
-Forcing an incoming coach to keep Tannenbaum as GM
-Forcing an incoming coach to keep Tannehill
-Celebrity owners/orange carpet/water park/new logo/dramatic increase in ticket prices/parking/concessions, obsession with getting a super bowl versus making the Dolphins a winning franchise, etc. etc...basically focusing on the wrong areas.

No doubt things seem to be turning in a good direction at the moment, but Ross has definitely gone through plenty of growing pains as an owner.

Back
Top Bottom