Let's give a shout out to Stephen M. Ross for hiring Adam Gase | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's give a shout out to Stephen M. Ross for hiring Adam Gase

Maybe Ross got lucky picking Gase. But in truth, that's what most owners get in choosing a potentially great coach. Luck. No matter the cause, I'm glad it happened. Now get the man a roster equally as talented.

I killed Ross for years, but I will finally give him his due for snagging Gase.

I was not high on Gase and preferred an experienced HC for this team. I wasn't sure it Gase had the chops to be HC. Glad to be proven wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been an amazing season, but there are many legit reasons for disliking Ross as an owner, it's just easy to forgive them at the moment.

-Forcing an incoming coach to keep Jeff Ireland as GM
-Forcing an incoming coach to keep Tannenbaum as GM
-Forcing an incoming coach to keep Tannehill
-Celebrity owners/orange carpet/water park/new logo/dramatic increase in ticket prices/parking/concessions, obsession with getting a super bowl versus making the Dolphins a winning franchise, etc. etc...basically focusing on the wrong areas.

No doubt things seem to be turning in a good direction at the moment, but Ross has definitely gone through plenty of growing pains as an owner.

Agree with most of that but for the record Gase has stated multiple times that Tannehill was a major reason he was attracted this opportunity vs alternatives

I think Ross just picked up the first available HC and happened to get lucky. It's hard for me to give the owner any credit when all he does is say You've got the job, or, you're fired.

Gase is an anomaly as it stands. If he keeps up the winning seasons, then yeah, I'll tip my hat to Ross.

Maybe Ross got lucky picking Gase. But in truth, that's what most owners get in choosing a potentially great coach. Luck. No matter the cause, I'm glad it happened. Now get the man a roster equally as talented.
Is it luck or is it skill? Some of us don't believe in the concept of luck.

Go, go, go, go go, go, go, Stephen
It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's yo birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a hell
It's not your birthday!

Gase sucks without an elite QB. He’s too conservative because he doesn’t trust the QBs he keeps deciding to go with every season

Gase and company get a free pass this year because of the injuries. Gase was already pitching that excuse to Ross so old Steve just accepts in.

Gase did an impressive job coaching the team in 2016. He did a not so impressive job in 2017 and he is doing a not so impressive job right now.

I think to go back now with the benefit of hindsight and rip on people for posting positive things about a first year coach who went 10-6 with an injury depleted roster is kind of cherry picking it a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom