Lol yeah lets all blame Tannehill when the GUY GETS 12 YARDS FROM RBS | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lol yeah lets all blame Tannehill when the GUY GETS 12 YARDS FROM RBS

I usually defend Tannehill, but Wallace could have had 4 TDs (including the one that he dropped at the end). Tannehill overthrew or underthrew him all the game. He deserves some blame.

I've seen plenty of threads blaming the QB solely. I mean sh*t when you ge threads starting out with get rid of Tannehill WTH is that supposed to mean.

Waht's wrong with that, how does that signify that said poster believes all our troubles are down to him ? If they do they are an idiot. For me RT is part of many things that are wrong with the team, starting with the GM and Head coach and even the ownership.

But they did put pressure on the Brees by taking a QB in the first round which lit a fire under him. I think we need to do the same with Tannehill and bring in some real competition through the draft.

We won't have a high enough pick to get a top tier QB. I'd rather get some more pieces around Tannehill in the draft and let him sink or swim in Year 3, rather than wasting a high pick on another project QB just to "light a fire" under Tannehill.

Brees sucked so bad early on in his SD career that the Chargers had a Top 5 pick. We don't have that luxury.

I usually defend Tannehill, but Wallace could have had 4 TDs (including the one that he dropped at the end). Tannehill overthrew or underthrew him all the game. He deserves some blame.

I believe in context. Ryan Tannehill must continue to improve his deep ball, but context. 2/4 110 1TD 0INT on bombs to Wallace.

Are those numbers good or bad? Three of the balls were accurate and catchable. One was overthrown. Do you see progress or do you not see progress?

Shhh. Don't say that, you will get VOLK upset.

Only if you believe that every QB in the league hits every open receiver every time. Oh yeah, you're also assuming Wallace catches every good throw that comes his way, which is absolutely laughable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We won't have a high enough pick to get a top tier QB. I'd rather get some more pieces around Tannehill in the draft and let him sink or swim in Year 3, rather than wasting a high pick on another project QB just to "light a fire" under Tannehill.

Brees sucked so bad early on in his SD career that the Chargers had a Top 5 pick. We don't have that luxury.

But it would make sense at the very least to take a QB in the 3/4th round and cut Moore whose salary is over 6 million next year. Also, if we get a new coach and GM next year, the chance that they will fully hitch their wagon to Tannehill is low. They will likely bring in their own guy as well.

And no one said he was fully to blame either !! But stop making excuses for him, it's Henne all over again.
He is much better than Henne IMO, but still not the answer for the Dolphins.

But it would make sense at the very least to take a QB in the 3/4th round and cut Moore whose salary is over 6 million next year. Also, if we get a new coach and GM next year, the chance that they will fully hitch their wagon to Tannehill is low. They will likely bring in their own guy as well.

How often do these mid round QBs pan out? Not often, and if they do, its after several years of development. In all honesty, I would rather just see what Pat Devlin has if Tannehill falters midseason next year than blow a midround pick on a project QB.

Only if you believe that every QB in the league hits every open receiver every time. Oh yeah, you're also assuming Wallace catches every good throw that comes his way, which is absolutely laughable.

QBs miss open WRs all of the time, but Tannehill has done it all year, and he even overthrew Hartline a bunch of times last year. His deep ball accuracy is poor. Forget the numbers, I know what I see. I'm not blaming the game on him. I blame the terrific coaches that we have, but he deserves some of the blame.

How often do these mid round QBs pan out? Not often, and if they do, its after several years of development. In all honesty, I would rather just see what Pat Devlin has if Tannehill falters midseason next year than blow a midround pick on a project QB.
It may be to late for that with this regime.

I think part of the issue with Wallace is that he doesn't throw it before Wallace breaks loose, he waits until he is already past his guy and THEN throws, and since Wallace is so fast, the ball can't catch up with him in time to hit him in stride. If he threw it a half-second earlier, it would get there on target.

Shhh. Don't say that, you will get VOLK upset.

Haha. I'm not upset about anything but the loss. It is fine to criticize RT, but on a day when Wallace drops the game winner (right in his hands), the run game doesn't exist, the defense surrenders 4th and 10, and the kicker misses yet another pivotal kick, is replace Tannehill really the best we have for fan analysis?

What is wrong with a little objectivity? I swear, it reminds me of how everyone on this site thought Welker was mediocre and an underachiever and was thrilled to replace him with Bess. How did that work out again. I guarantee if Tannehill was released today, he gets picked up immediately by another team who inevitably plays us at home and scorches us.

I think part of the issue with Wallace is that he doesn't throw it before Wallace breaks loose, he waits until he is already past his guy and THEN throws, and since Wallace is so fast, the ball can't catch up with him in time to hit him in stride. If he threw it a half-second earlier, it would get there on target.

Might be some merit to this. However, how many times has Tannehill actually had enough time in the pocket to let a deep route develop? Furthermore, Wallace has been taken out of the game by good defense a lot this year and his hands do not always inspire confidence.

The lack of run game hurts this a lot as well. It stops effective play action and always puts us in the need of possession routes just to try and stay on the field.

LOL, I would take Luck any day of the week ahead of Tannehill. Luck has shown signs in his first two years of being a winner in this league, Tannehill has shown nothing but being an average at best NFL QB.

Do you think the Colts would take a strainght trade Luck for RT ??? If not shut up.

No need for hostility. But you clearly are going off of Luck's reputation at this point, because he is going through a worse stretch than RT right now. The difference is I believe Luck will be great despite his struggles and can be objective enough to see that Tannehill can be as well. Tannehill has a lot more good excuses for his struggles than Luck does at this point.

Back
Top Bottom