Lol yeah lets all blame Tannehill when the GUY GETS 12 YARDS FROM RBS | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lol yeah lets all blame Tannehill when the GUY GETS 12 YARDS FROM RBS

Lucks Halftime Stats... Score Cardinals 27 Colts 3

................Comp/Attempt....YDS...Aver....TD...int....QBR
A. Luck...........10/19.............68.....3.6......0.....1.....38.9

He didn't need a running game. He has Wallace running wide open all day. Shermin would rather call a screen pass 5 yards behind the LOS.
RT is not a great deep ball passer. That much has been proven in the last 1.5 years.

No need for hostility. But you clearly are going off of Luck's reputation at this point, because he is going through a worse stretch than RT right now. The difference is I believe Luck will be great despite his struggles and can be objective enough to see that Tannehill can be as well. Tannehill has a lot more good excuses for his struggles than Luck does at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Careful he might have a temper tantrum....

Comparing absolutely not.....Just stating in 2015 we will be looking for another QB..............Wait and see
FWIW, we played one of the best defenses in the league today. If you honestly are comparing RT to Henne or Fiedler, you must not be watching or have a terrible memory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How often do these mid round QBs pan out? Not often, and if they do, its after several years of development. In all honesty, I would rather just see what Pat Devlin has if Tannehill falters midseason next year than blow a midround pick on a project QB.

Wilson, Foles, maybe Glennon, buy we'll have to see on the last two. But how is Tannehill any different than another project QB? Wasn't he supposed to sit for a year? (That wasn't a realistic possibility due to his age, but it was strongly considered.) Just because you take a guy in the 1st round doesn't make him a franchise QB. You might have reached as we probably did.

Even though I mentioned 3/4th round, there is still a good chance that we will have the luxury of picking in the top 10, making a pick for a franchise QB a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sensible post, but if we pass on a good QB option in the draft to give Tannehill another year, it could come back and bite us in the bum.
Minnesota is a perfect example of that. They could have had Griffin lll, but they wanted to give Christian Ponder another year.

Minnesota is a perfect example of that. They could have had Griffin lll, but they wanted to give Christian Ponder another year.

and they are probably better off for it because RGIII kind of sucks and he won't last another 3 years in this league...

Wilson, Foles, maybe Glennon, buy we'll have to see on the last two. But how is Tannehill any different than another project QB? Wasn't he supposed to sit for a year? (That wasn't a realistic possibility due to his age, but it was strongly considered.) Just because you take a guy in the 1st round doesn't make him a franchise QB. You might have reached as we probably did.

Even though I mentioned 3/4th round, there is still a good chance that we will have the luxury of picking in the top 10, making a pick for a franchise QB a possibility.

LOL, other than Wilson, none of those other guys are really worth a damn. Glennon? Sorry, he won't turn into anything long term. Foles is playing well within a great system, but he will be figured out soon. And Wilson? He has an all around ELITE team around him. But I really like Wilson. He has that desire that will take him far.

I actually proposed before the 2012 draft to take a flyer on Wilson in the mid-rounds. That is the only kind of guy i would take a chance on this year in the mid-rounds. An undersized guy with all the intangibles that is simply downgraded because of his height.

Are you guys even watching these 2nd yr QBs play? All of them have not played up to par this year. ESPECIALLY RGIII, hell even his own coach didn't want him. 2nd year for QBs is usually the down year, and it's showing across the league.

They're asking Tannehill to carry the team anyone who can't see that is blind. He's not ready for that yet, I'm not sure if he ever will be. Running game is horrible and pass catchers are just OK. He needs to make those throws to Wallace count. Wallace was worth his 60 million today if Tanny throws better balls. Tannehill definitely needs another year for us to see what we have. Pass pro was pretty good today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you guys even watching these 2nd yr QBs play? All of them have not played up to par this year. ESPECIALLY RGIII, hell even his own coach didn't want him. 2nd year for QBs is usually the down year, and it's showing across the league.

I think that is part of the problem around here. Everyone has tunnel vision because they only watch Miami games in entirety and just watch highlights for everything else. So they don't see all the warts on all these other QBs.

To be honest, Tannehill has probably been the most consistent 2nd year QB other than Wilson. I guess you could put Foles in that category, but he hasn't played a full season (and I havent watched him play) but it seems part of that success comes from the great system and skills players around him. Miller/Thomas is a far cry from Shady McCoy in terms of support. Luck and RGIII have had some HORRENDOUS games this season. I have Luck in FF and he has been g'awful since his vet WR went down.

Here's the thing...we're asking tannehill to do something only Brady, manning and Rodgers could do, and that is win a game with only passing. This is a second year player that has more responsibility for the team then 75% of qb's. I'm fine with where he is, and where he's going.

Since Wayne went down Luck has been ****ty.

****ty is probably a understatement too..Like Skape said, every 2nd year qb is struggling this year besides Wilson who has a very good damn team around him..

and they are probably better off for it because RGIII kind of sucks and he won't last another 3 years in this league...
Judging by what I've seen of Griffin throughout his College and Pro career, I think he will bounce back under a new HC. Christian Ponder will never be any good.

Back
Top Bottom