Marino or Elway? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino or Elway?

Marino wasn't playing defense that day last time i checked and neither was Montana. Marino was young and still had a pretty good game Montanna had already been to a Super Bowl and so he had more experience in those situations. Montana also had the first back to go over 1000 yards rec/rush. Miami had a average defense that year and an average running game and i believe SF had a stellar defense that year. If marino would have been playing the Dolphins "D" that day he would tore them apart as well.

As much as i like marino and i am a dolphins fan i would have to say elway on this one. And for one reason, elway wins a superbowl!

juniorseau55 said:
You guys will find anything to make marino better than anyone else. Marino isn't god ok.

With that attitude, you are never going into heaven.

Remember the three P's.

Praise marino

Pray to Marino

Pay Marino homage.

juniorseau55 said:
You guys will find anything to make marino better than anyone else. Marino isn't god ok.

Nobody is saying he's god! BUT why is it every time someone compairs Marino and Montana the ONLY thing they can use for the reason Montana is better is his SB rings? The last time I checked a SB was won by the WHOLE TEAM not just the QB! Now rate JUST the QB and tell me how Montana is better?

The numbers that Marino put up with the talent he had and the numbers that Montana put up with what he had, plus with TEAMS good enough to go to all those super bowl! Why aren't Montana's numbers better than Marino's?

If Montana's better does anyone thing Montana would have all those rings if he was on the Dolphins in stead of SF?

LIQUID24 said:
I never saw them in their prime so I don't have an educated opinion on this. But almost every NFL writer has picked Elway (or Montana) ahead of Marino when faced with this question.
I did see them both in their prime, and I would take Marino.

Elway could throw a deeper pass, and was much more Mobile, but Marino was just plain unstoppable, While Elway would run hot and cold (the only thing that helped him was that he could always take off for a few yards.

When the Dolphins and Broncos played each other in Denver, Miami did not have as good a defense as the Broncos, they did not have as good a RB as the Broncos, yet Marino was almost unstoppable, while Miami was able to stop the Broncos on a few occasions.

The Reason Elway has more come from behind wins, is because the Broncos were behind so much more then the Marino QBed Dolphins. Put Marino in Denver, the Broncos win at least one superbowl in the 1st 5 years of Marino's career, and quite a few in the whole career.

I would say Marino, unless if You happened to be playing against Jim Kelly. Since Marino was Kelly's b****--You would have to go with Elway. :chuckle:

harmonkoz said:
I would say Marino, unless if You happened to be playing against Jim Kelly. Since Marino was Kelly's b****--You would have to go with Elway. :chuckle:
Who let you out of the depths? :D

harmonkoz said:

I didn't realize Kelly played defensive back.

juniorseau55 said:
Marino isn't god ok.

Are you serious!? And all this time I thought he was. Man you just ruined my day. Thanks A lot!

Oh and Marino > Elway/Montana, The records Marino holds says it all. Not the rings. The rings are a complete team effort. The records Marino holds is a solo effort, Nuff' Said.

shalafi3455 said:
How can you rate a single position like QB by using a team stat like winning rings to place a player ahead of someone with more records in that position?

I'm not saying your wrong or anything it's your opinion and your entitled to it, I'm just wondering!

You misunderstood what I said, I meant other people place montana and elway ahead b/c they have rings.

I would take Marino over both of them.

its simple, look at the stats and records!!! elway leads in most sacks in a career, this can be because of the line, or because he trys dancing around with the ball to much. I say marino, more acurate, and quick release! and elway may not sign if your a crappy team! (some of you prolly wouldnt get that)

If I had a 22 year old Elway or a 22 year old Marino to start my franchise with, I would have to take Elway. The mobility factor in todays NFL is just too big to overlook.

Back
Top Bottom