Marshall victim wants justice, doesn't look good for Marshall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marshall victim wants justice, doesn't look good for Marshall

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
The 24-year-old woman who alleges new Chicago Bear Brandon Marshall punched her in the face in the early hours of Sunday outside a Manhattan night club is a former basketball player at San Diego State University and has retained a high-profile attorney.

Christen Myles is cooperating with detectives and met with her lawyer, Sanford Rubenstein, Thursday at the 10th precinct in Manhattan, according to a statement from Rubenstein.

Myles, originally from Chino, Calif., told the New York Daily News, “my eye still hurts. ... I still have problem with my vision. ... I want him held criminally accountable for what he did to me.”

According to the statement, Myles said Marshall “hauled back and punched her in the face, hitting her eye and caused her to be violently thrown to the ground.”

“She has a serious eye injury. She’s under the care of a physician,” Rubenstein said. “She still has problems with her eye.”

Rubenstein told the Tribune that there’s no consideration at this point into pursuing any civil lawsuits.

“The focus is on the criminal aspect of the case. She’s concerned with getting justice,” he said.

Myles was out celebrating her birthday with friends and family that night. Myles is currently in between jobs but moved to New York to pursue a career in media.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...iminally-accountable-20120316,0,2933324.story

I am amazed the Bears still traded for him, considering the details coming out. I wouldnt be surprised to see him suspended for the year if anything is true.

As pissed as we all were initially, this trade makes total sense now.

IF (BIG IF) Marshall get's any jail time or misses a majority of the upcoming season, then this is one of the best trades this FO has ever made!!

Imagine how livid everyone would be if we didn't trade Marshall, and we find out at the start of FA that Marshall is involved in a criminal incident?

Whether you think that the two 3rd rounders are fair compensation or not..... it could have been worse....
We could still have the woman beater on our roster and nothing to show for it except a player wearing orange (prison outfit) or if suspended, we'd be without our #1 WR for the start of next season (which is how we go into next season anyways, just two 3rd rounders richer)

If what she said happened acually happened, he'd have been charged. There are cameras everywhere at those clubs. They easily could have checked the tape and saw that Marshall's story checks out and hers doesn't.

This sounds to me like a girl positioning herself for a pay day in civil court. The most laughable statement of all was, "Rubenstein told the Tribune that there’s no consideration at this point into pursuing any civil lawsuits."

I mean seriously. What buffoon falls for that line?

I suspect that if a strong wind knocked over a bottle and it landed on this woman's head, if Brandon Marshall was in the same room as her, she would say it was his fault.

All about placing the blame on the guy with the $$$$$$.

It still hurts us big time but I now see the logic behind it. If this is true then Marshall is in a bunch of trouble and it would have hurt us regardless. Imagine the distraction it would have caused along with his probable suspension. I still would have wanted at least a 2nd rounder. Either way it was the right decision.

There are cameras everywhere at those clubs.

It was outside of the club not inside, and this girl played basketball at san diego state and has a college degree she is not some scum off the street.

It was outside of the club not inside, and this girl played basketball at san diego state and has a college degree she is not some scum off the street.

Those clubs have cameras on the outside too. Especially the outside, as a matter of fact.

I'm supposed to be impressed she's a college graduate and former basketball player? She's between jobs, she's all lawyered up, and she's already bringing everything out into the court of public appeals. She's aiming for a civil suit I don't care what that lawyer says about their plans "at this point". LOL.

I suspect that if a strong wind knocked over a bottle and it landed on this woman's head, if Brandon Marshall was in the same room as her, she would say it was his fault.

All about placing the blame on the guy with the $$$$$$.

Brandon Marshall is either the unluckiest guy in the history of the world or a real bum...

Lets count the weird things that have happened to him (and those around him)
*His limo gets shot up, teamate gets shot and killed
*Shattered arm after "slipping on a McDonald's wrapper" but later admitted he put his arm through a TV stand while "wrestling with family" (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...shall-did-make-up-the-McDonalds?urn=nfl-73244)
*Got stabbed in the gut by his wife, but no "it was a vase" according to Marshall
*A girl gets punched in the face at a night club melee involving BM

The dude is just trouble...

Those clubs have cameras on the outside too. Especially the outside, as a matter of fact.

I'm supposed to be impressed she's a college graduate and former basketball player? She's between jobs, she's all lawyered up, and she's already bringing everything out into the court of public appeals. She's aiming for a civil suit I don't care what that lawyer says about their plans "at this point". LOL.

CK, we don't know anything about the layout of this particular nightclub. Yes, most clubs have cameras in many areas, but it is not unreasonable to believe that this particular incident occured out of sight from the camera. To top it off, these cameras aren't exactly HD. With poor lighting conditions, things will look like a big blur. In the middle of a scuffle, it might be hard to see what exactly happens. Who knowas, maybe a big fat body guard got in the way of the camera as Marshall threw the punch.

Night clubs. Nothing good happens at night clubs. He keeps going to those things, he's going to keep getting in trouble.

I don't see what the big deal is the police would be all over this if the cameras didn't corroborate his story. I've been proposing we trade the man ever since it came out he has Borderline Personality Disorder. He's a ticking bomb. But this isn't his explosion. I'm being objective here, this looks phony.

CK, we don't know anything about the layout of this particular nightclub. Yes, most clubs have cameras in many areas, but it is not unreasonable to believe that this particular incident occured out of sight from the camera. To top it off, these cameras aren't exactly HD. With poor lighting conditions, things will look like a big blur. In the middle of a scuffle, it might be hard to see what exactly happens. Who knowas, maybe a big fat body guard got in the way of the camera as Marshall threw the punch.

Right. It happened in one of the small areas obscured by the cameras. Convenient.

Sorry. This looks phony.

Hey I'm glad the Dolphins got out with him while they could, and I do think he will end up in trouble eventually. I just don't expect anything to come out of this particular incident.

Back
Top Bottom