Matt Flynn Vs Matt Moore thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Flynn Vs Matt Moore thread

The thing some of you are missing is that Flynn is a FA. They aren't going to tag him, because they won't have the cap room, and they also are going to have to tag their TE Finley. If we offer him more than other teams, and get a coach or offensive coordinator he knows, he's likely to sign with us.

hmmm...i think they do tag finley but i also think to lose that qb for freakin free when he would have a market in trade seems unlikely...they're in a tough spot...if they put flynn on the free agent market someones coming with good money with a legit offer...cleveland maybe...we should be listening also to whatever his demands are...this kid can play

6 tds coming off one week to prepare...i don't care what he has around him...that is legit

Well when did moore go 1-7 in 8 games with the dolphins? How can I make excuses for something that hasn't happened.
Ya, when did Moore go 6-2 on the road? Ya, owned again! Keep em coming though and I will keep slapping them back in your face.

why not just get flynn and let the two do their talking on the field?

flynn to me has more upside because he sat behind the best QB in the league and saw how it was done and now he is ready to take his knowledge to an NFL team he can run himself. That to me spells a quicker success rate but either way I think we can be a dangerous team from the get go with a full offseason and an upgraded Oline.

If your argument for Moore involves Henne as a defense, please don't post and save yourself embarrassment!

I have a hard time figuring out any negatives to signing J.Philbin as HC, T.Clements as OC and signing M.Flynn as our QB. If M.Flynn is not an upgrade over M.Moore then it only cost us money, no wasted picks.

if you pay matt flynn in free agency what his market will dictate coming off todays rediculous #'s and matt moore makes backup money by nfl terms which is what he's being paid right now there is no damn competition...matt flynn is your starter...if your looking to make a comp out of it best thing you can do is stay out of the flynn race cause you'll never be in play financially anyways...

Ya, when did Moore go 6-2 on the road? Ya, owned again! Keep em coming though and I will keep slapping them back in your face.

Please, then followed that act up with 3 home losses to losing teams, yeah good one. Mark Sanchez has 4 road playoff wins, guess he's great.

Please, then followed that act up with 3 home losses to losing teams, yeah good one. Mark Sanchez has 4 road playoff wins, guess he's great.
No they all suck as starters....I hope NY Keeps Sanchez for exactly the same reasons I don't want Henne or Moore as a starter. Man it is not rocket science.

if you can get flynn for say 5 years $45 mil of which say $20 mil is guaranteed in free agency i think we should jump at it...you can eat that contract if he fails and you still have matt moore at like $3 mil next year...if matt flynn is gonna get a 7 year $63 mil deal with a rediculous guaranteed number like that bumb kevin kolb got from zona you better have a damn conviction about the kid...imo the kid can play but if someones offering up that money i don't know...your basicalyy getting yourself in a top pick old cba qb jam if he fails...but at least this kids shown to date he can play at this level...if you can't get up to andrew luck in trade maybe you take the chance...

hmmm...i think they do tag finley but i also think to lose that qb for freakin free when he would have a market in trade seems unlikely...they're in a tough spot...if they put flynn on the free agent market someones coming with good money with a legit offer...cleveland maybe...we should be listening also to whatever his demands are...this kid can play

6 tds coming off one week to prepare...i don't care what he has around him...that is legit

They'll get a third round compensatory pick out of flynn regardless. On the trade market, they'd probably get a second, but the problem would be the 14 mil or so guaranteed by the franchise tag. Easier to let him walk for the third, and be sure of keeping Finley.

I didn't know Flynn was a FA. I would be all over him if we can't swing Luck or RG3.

They'll get a third round compensatory pick out of flynn regardless. On the trade market, they'd probably get a second, but the problem would be the 14 mil or so guaranteed by the franchise tag. Easier to let him walk for the third, and be sure of keeping Finley.

no buddy...they'd get a 1st rounder in comp easy off of what flynns done in the pros...the word was during this last offseason the pack were sayin under the old cba where he would have been restricted they would accept nothing less than a 1st rounder for flynn...and that was before he went out and did something today not even aaron rodgers has done...thats right...not even aaron rodgers...baffles the mind to be honest

I agree with 67stang, Moore is not answer, Dolphins should look at Flynn.

no buddy...they'd get a 1st rounder in comp easy off of what flynns done in the pros...the word was during this last offseason the pats were sayin under the old cbs where he would have been restricted they would accept nothing less than a 1st rounder for flynn...and that was before he went out and did something today not even aaron rodgers has done...thats right...not even aaron rodgers...baffles the mind to be honest

They might get a first. But is it worth that to take a chance on losing Finley, and causing salary cap problems?

They might get a first. But is it worth that to take a chance on losing Finley, and causing salary cap problems?

finley is coming off a knee injury last season...he's legit no doubt...all i'm sayin is they have 2 HIGHLY sought after guys looking to right now be free agents this offseason...they'll keep one and lose the other likely...whoever hits the market is gonna be a major target i know that...my guess is they use the tag on finley and let driver walk using his money towards finleys deal...but boy flynns market couldn't be hotter right now...i don't know...tough call...if finley hits the market someones offering him top 3 te money worst case...maybe even top money overall

Back
Top Bottom