Matt Flynn Vs Matt Moore thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Flynn Vs Matt Moore thread

Matt Moore = Journeyman starter or Career backup. Limited Upside

Matt Flynn = Possibly a great QB, at worst, has the potential to be a long term starter on a team.
based on what can you say this?? journey man?? 2 teams, carreer backup?? not anymore, limited upside?? are you sure?? flynn played against a crapy secondary exactly what GB wanted to draw interest from everyone, and with the talent GB has it was the perfect scenario.

Moore has been in the league for 5 years. He is no rookie, so stop making rookie arguements for him! This is what I know for fact! The guy was 6-7 in games he started or played the most of, only had 16 TDs, and people can say all they want about fewer ints, he made that up with 14 fumbles with 6 of those lost. A turn over is a turn over. two of those fumbles were major reasons we lost 2 games. All of this against 1 team with a winning record, the rest against teams that were 8-8 or less. That record and those marks sucks against bad competition period!

based on what can you say this?? journey man?? 2 teams, carreer backup?? not anymore, limited upside?? are you sure?? flynn played against a crapy secondary exactly what GB wanted to draw interest from everyone, and with the talent GB has it was the perfect scenario.
This is what I mean. There is no objective analysis here.

Inability to beat winning teams is a legitimate concern with any QB, just as ability rise to the occasion when it counts has been so far with Matty Ice. However consider this:

Success vs winning teams:

Moore 0-2
Stafford: 0-5
Rivers: 1-5
EManning 1-3
Romo: 1-4
Ryan: 2-4
Rothlessburger: 3-4
Alex Smith: 4-1
Flacco: 6-1

As Moore has had only 2 opportunities to play winning teams vs 5 or more for many of the above who also can't seem to be particularly productive when facing successful teams, I dunno if an 0-2 "audition" record is any more a legitimate samplilng than, say, going all in on Matt Flynn and his pressure-free 2 game sampling. And would using this criterion render Flacco and Alex Smith the best of that particular bunch?

Moore is a very good backup. Why haven't we learned the lesson not to desperately try to make someone something they're not? We've been doing that at QB for a decade. If we only go into next year with Matt as starter then that's a mistake. Flynn is something of a wildcard. But in that unknown is the potential for a quality starter. Backups for good teams always look good when they're placed in systems they know, but Flynn is uniquely good. I can't help but be intrigued with Flynn's success when he steps in. He's much better than just good. He goes bananas when he starts.

Uniquely good?? Before today he had a career QB rating of 68.1 and had thrown more INTs than TDs. Maybe he turns out to be ok, but I really don't see anything that makes me think he will even be as good as Matt Cassel, who also looked like an allstar playing on a team with great offensive weapons.

matt cassell blows...i disagree with flynn doesn't show the potential to be a better qb than cassell has proven to be...and the argument about an all star team with weapons should also apply to aaron rodgers...he must be a product of the talent around him also...i don't buy that...rodgers is the man...and this kid flynns got talent...its more than he's a product of the system imo

Kevin Kolb had a couple of 400 yard games and some big passing games for Philly.

I do think Flynn is better than Kolb/Rob Johnson, but I think it's important not to go crazy for a really good team/offense's backup QB. Green Bay has a lot of talent on the offensive side that maybe 2 or 3 teams in the NFL have. They also have had a lot of continuity which helps backups like Flynn.

I'd be down to trade or sign for Flynn if we could bring in Clements because he wouldn't have a learning curve for a new offense. Bringing him into an entirely new offense is a big roll of the dice and one that I'd rather take on trying to trade for Luck or RGIII.

Kolb also had quite a few bad games. Flynn's two games he started have both been great performances.

Moore plays well against bad teams. He plays poorly against good teams. He turns over the ball frequently, and has poor ball placement. He has very limited upside.

In short, he's the kind of guy that a team doesn't mind having, but is always looking to replace.

Moore has been in the league for 5 years. He is no rookie, so stop making rookie arguements for him! This is what I know for fact! The guy was 6-7 in games he started or played the most of, only had 16 TDs, and people can say all they want about fewer ints, he made that up with 14 fumbles with 6 of those lost. A turn over is a turn over. two of those fumbles were major reasons we lost 2 games. All of this against 1 team with a winning record, the rest against teams that were 8-8 or less. That record and those marks sucks against bad competition period!

But that works both ways. Flynn has thrown 132 times with 7 picks and 2 fumbles lost, which equals a turnover every 18 throws. Moore has thrown 739 times with 8 lost fumbles and 26 INT which equals a turnover every 28 throws. And this isn't even factoring in the difference in OLs and the amount of times that GB would have players open, when our WRs, TE would be covered making Moore would have to go to the 2nd or 3rd option and sometimes jus have to eat the sack. Put Colombo on the Packers starting OL and see how many fumbles Flynn has.

I just finished watching the GB game, and I've watch Flynn's other game against NE several times. The kid has great ball placement, senses pressure well, and steps up when it's crunch time. Last year he looked a bit lost in the no huddle, and you could see he wasn't ready for the big time. This year he ran the offense nearly flawlessly.

Some people are saying he's a system QB. Maybe he is. Let's go get a west coast HC and OC, and implement the system, so there will be minimal adjustment. With our current D, and Flynn not having to learn a new system, we'd easily be the favorites for a wild card next year.

I just finished watching the GB game, and I've watch Flynn's other game against NE several times. The kid has great ball placement, senses pressure well, and steps up when it's crunch time. Last year he looked a bit lost in the no huddle, and you could see he wasn't ready for the big time. This year he ran the offense nearly flawlessly.

Some people are saying he's a system QB. Maybe he is. Let's go get a west coast HC and OC, and implement the system, so there will be minimal adjustment. With our current D, and Flynn not having to learn a new system, we'd easily be the favorites for a wild card next year.

well there's one glowing endorsement...

Uniquely good?? Before today he had a career QB rating of 68.1 and had thrown more INTs than TDs. Maybe he turns out to be ok, but I really don't see anything that makes me think he will even be as good as Matt Cassel, who also looked like an allstar playing on a team with great offensive weapons.
In 2 starts he has 9 TDs. That is "uniquely good." I'm not for Flynn as our QB solution, but if a man throws 6 TDs in a spot start, he does deserve a little credit.

LoL dismissing the packers talent is EPIC.

a new low for Finheaven, but not suprrising all the same.

mat moore would carve up some sqauds on GB bet on it - but my prediction is based on nothing less thn yours is - except of course a bunch of games to look at instead of just 1.

and the problem is money doesnt grow on trees and salary caps aren't infinitly high. Flynn does have upside, i agree.

but if a bidding war or something starts he could very well wind up being Cassell, Kolb, Feely, etc. and why take that risk when we can just draft someone.
For someone who dislikes this place so much, you sure do spend a lot of time here.

For someone who dislikes this place so much, you sure do spend a lot of time here.

thats the same guy who said that tom brady would be average if he was behind our oline...lmao...priceless

Back
Top Bottom