Media People Are Saying "No Playoffs For Dolphins" In 2013 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Media People Are Saying "No Playoffs For Dolphins" In 2013

Is divisional champs to lofty a dream even if we makes all the right moves in both FA and the draft - can we beat the Pats in other words. Too lofty a hope?

with younger, speedier LB'ers who are better in coverage than Dansdy and co. we should match up better with the Pats (mainly their TEs). we still need some good CBs among other things but if we construct our team the right way we can be better than the pats.

It's like the Lakers, Yankees or Celtics - we can't say we're better than the Patriots until we beat them. Until that happens they are on top and Miami is chasing..

Do you want the truth or do you want a thread where everyone agrees we're winning the Super Bowl and Ireland is a genius?

theres only 3 people in media who don't hate the dolphins. 1. Hammering Hank. 2. John Clayton 3. Jeff Darlington

I'll phrase it this way: Are the Pats concerned (in your view) of the real posibility that we might take the top spot in 2013?

Do you want the truth or do you want a thread where everyone agrees we're winning the Super Bowl and Ireland is a genius?

Don't you think there's a Rosie O'Donnell ass-sized gap between merely making the playoffs, which we damn near did last year with a plethora of holes on the roster, and winning the Super Bowl?

Who on here is complaining about an analyst saying we have no shot to win the Super Bowl?

Well, our season win over/under will probably be 8 with juice on the over. Perhaps 8.5 with juice on the under, if we make further moves in free agency and the draft that are positively received.

That's an uptick but it doesn't equate to playoff likelihood. We'll certainly be underdogs to make the playoffs on opening weekend. The media normally falls in line with the consensus.

The ones who have been most off base for years in regard to the Dolphins are the pollyanna fluff types, where every move is celebrated.

BTW, for anyone who wants to bet into those season win props when they are released, keep in mind that the Las Vegas sharps who prioritize and pounce on those things are looking to bet under, under, and under some more. You literally hear under at least 75% of the time when talking to them. If they bet 10 of those props, it's likely that 8 will be unders, if not more than that. It's exactly the opposite of the public, which fixates on the over. I tried to make that point to the guy who jumped on the Dolphins over 7.5 last season. Unless you're 100% sure, or don't care, it's best to wait instead of jumping on an over.

If you add up every season win number for every team, it comes out to far above the total number of victories in the league. That's amusing every season. There are 256 games but the over/unders will add up to 265, if not more than that. The public happily ignores that penalty while the wise guys are always looking for the bonus 2-4% edge.

BTW, one time Greg Cote in his preview column came out at roughly 272 wins for the league. He was assigning an extra half victory per team than was possible. :lol:

I think its tough too call. We played well last year and had a chance to win some games that we let get away. If Tannehill can make the jump and improve this offseason, Wallace fits in and gives us 10 or more Tds, Keller gives us the seam threat and the defense can get even a 25% increase in turnovers we have a great chance. As of now, no one on any team has been hurt, this can dictate and will dictate how well certain teams do

Ridiculous. In the last 20 years, I've learned to become pretty conservative when it comes to my expectations for this team, but to suggest we don't have a good chance to make the playoffs is moronic. The AFC is wide-open. Other than Den, Balt, NE and Hou I don't see any other team categorically better than Mia. Plus, as far as the latter 3 teams I mentioned, I think the gap is closing big-time. Many of Balt's key stretch-run players are gone and frankly, there isn't a doubt in my mind Joe Flacco's best season is just behind him. NE is NE and you'd be nuts to say they aren't the favorite but they continue to show vulnerabilities and the Texans are always prone to implosion as Shaub continues to regress. I see no reason that with an extra 4-7 pts a game we couldn't capture the 2-4 seed. The 5 and 6 seeds are more than realistic.

Can we see the damn draft first?? Lord...

I'm not saying the Dolphins are going to be good or great. Not enough data. But really , the AFC stinks. Miami should have 4 guaranteed wins against the Bills and Jets alone.

Back
Top Bottom