Merged @: 10 Or 15% Chance Miami Signs Arrington/Jason Cole on Hotlist/Cole Credible? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged @: 10 Or 15% Chance Miami Signs Arrington/Jason Cole on Hotlist/Cole Credible?

Kenny_Stang said:
Don't like him and don't trust his info. I used to really like Jason Cole because he had good info and kept an interesting Q&A section on the Herald, but ever since he and Armando Salguero were caught by a FinHeaven member high-fiving each other after the Dolphins lost a game and were eliminated from the playoff's, I have lost all respect for him as a person and an unbiased reporter.

Read for yourself: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=30413

It was in bad taste but he was the first one to apologize.

Salguero on the other hand came up with a muddled story worthy of a soap opera.

Cole is an experienced beat sports writer worthy of consideration although he no longer has the pipeline he once had with the Dolphins and I dont always agree with his opinions.I thought he was being pessimistic about the Ricky hearings but he may have heard something from somebody in the know.

Like you I stopped reading his Q/A when he started to drag his political views into his answers.

Mindwarp said:
probably one of the better Miami Dolphins beat writers IMO

Maybe, but IMO that isn't saying much.

I don't respect any of the sports writers from the Herald or the Sentinel. It's like picking the lesser of evils.
They all have some serious ego problems and look for drama to write about rather than good sports writing.

I've grown fond of the Palm Beach Post writers.
They give good insight without being drama queens.

Kenny_Stang said:
Don't like him and don't trust his info. I used to really like Jason Cole because he had good info and kept an interesting Q&A section on the Herald, but ever since he and Armando Salguero were caught by a FinHeaven member high-fiving each other after the Dolphins lost a game and were eliminated from the playoff's, I have lost all respect for him as a person and an unbiased reporter.

Read for yourself: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=30413

Nice post. I didn't know about that before.

Dolfan1000 said:
5/10 as in 50%.

yah i think that is what he meant also. saban said he was interested, so its not just 10 to 15 percent. hopefully at least

Rachel Nichols on Hot list

update on Ricky: like a mini trial nfl goes first then rickys lawyers call witnesses. comes down to if they can convince people and room. also, was moved to undisclosed location due to media attention. Steinberg told her the holisitic medicine caused it b/c he used to tell people he smoked weed when now he denies doing it. Decision unlikely today.

all that was reported

:confused:
InSabanWeTrust1 said:
update on Ricky: like a mini trial nfl goes first then rickys lawyers call witnesses. comes down to if they can convince people and room. also, was moved to undisclosed location due to media attention. Steinberg told her the holisitic medicine caused it b/c he used to tell people he smoked weed when now he denies doing it. Decision unlikely today.

all that was reported

I have read Cole's Q&A for a while now and appreciate his insights. He is normally pretty accurate and unbiased with his information and projections. He said 50%, 5 on a scale of 1-10. I have included the question and answer, plus that link below...

QJason, My son is a Green Bay fan (his moms genes obviously) and I'll ask you for his benefit. Why don't the Packers tell Favre to take a hike? I understand who he is, what he has meant to the team ect, heck, I'm sure he's a larger icon in G.B. than Marino is in Miami but it's still a business that has to carry on. They are not realistically a playoff team this year, what benefit is it to them to have him for 1 more year? They should be grooming the future QB this year. Now, on a scale of 1-10 - the odds we land Arrington? I heard it's actually close to happening.
BuckeyeFinFan, Columbus,OH 4/09/06
AI'll say 5 on Arrington. As for Favre, I think the point of all of this is that the Packers don't ever want to alienate him or the fans. This is a bad situation, but the Packers can only make it worse if they try to bully him around. It would be another thing if he simply couldn't play anymore, but he still can sling it. Jason Cole 4/09/06
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/qa_forum.htm?forumId=2291

I have to commend Cole on being upfront and honest, even when he doesn't know or is wrong. He is not above stating: "I have to do some more homework on this before I give you a good answer. Jason Cole 4/09/06"

just what she reported. was explaining how the trial works and then its the same info we know about the move and other stuff

Wanny and Cole disliked each other w/ a passion and that led to bad blood. I think a lot of his high five was in hopes that Wanny would get canned over it. Cole has stated on his Q&A many times he felt like Wanny was trying to screw him and made it hard for him to do his job.

Back
Top Bottom