MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms?

Should the Dolphins Modify The Uniforms

• YES

Votes: 252 62.4%
  • NO

Votes: 152 37.6%

• Total voters
and I dont mean greyboy's. That one is lame as hell. Grey has never been what the dolphins are about. I agree maybe with dropping the helmet, but you need the Iconic "M" somewhere dont you?

Why in the hell would you change it? The Dolphins will not be Super Bowl bound because they change the damn uniform, or logo. No one is intimidated by a uniform. The Raiders had a simple black and silver design, a menacing pirate-style logo on the helmet, and they are widely credited with the "intimidating" uniform style, but it wasn't the uniform that was intimidating, it was Jack Tatum and George Atkinson putting guys in the hospital if they dared come across the middle. It was Ted Hendricks blocking field goals, and Gene Upshaw and Art Shell bulldozing the opposing defensive line. It was Lester Hayes covered in stick-em, intercepting every ball thrown to his side of the field. It was Lyle Alzado jacked up on roids. A uniform change didn't make the Broncos more physically dominating, zone blocking and Terrell Davis did. The Dolphins have a timeless uniform and it should be left alone. The Chargers' new uniform is just a modification of their retro uniforms. Someone up thread mentioned the Bills uniform changes, and those changes were butt-trifling awful. What's with the dark pants and dark jerseys? The Bills' best uniform is the retro uni with the light blue jerseys, white helmets and simple red bison. The Seahawks went to that all grey uniform and it looks awful. The Seahawks are another team that would be well-served to return to their roots--blue, green, and light grey.

Uniform changes are usually the sign of a tradition poor franchise trying to alter a perception created by a long history of losing--Bucs, Falcons and Patriots come to mind, or a knuckle-head owner trying to be trendy. Uniform changes are endemic in the NBA and NHL, where teams are known to not only change their uniforms, but change their color schemes at the drop of a hat. The Caps went from a classic seventies-style red, white and blue to an atrocious teal number, because teal was the trendy color, now the Caps have returned to their original uniforms. The Houston Rockets changed their uniforms from the red and yellows they wore for decades, and won championships with, to a lousy orange and blue scheme, they have predictably returned to the classic uniform. If Dolphins' management ever goes away from the aqua, and orange, with the dolphin leaping through fire, they should be hanged.

I always thought that was the sun behind the dolphin... not a ring of flames.

First of all, I'm with the earlier poster, I have gotten so sick of uni threads over the years, but since I think there will be a change before the draft, why not. A poster by the name is fisheatcats over at Creamer's Sports Logos posted this a month ago, and to me this is the best concept I have seen. The wordmark leaves a little to be desired and I am not so sure about the face, but everything else is AMAZING.

dolphinsnewnd7-1.gif
]

dolphinswhitemonody8-1.gif

dolphinsconcepthr5-1.gif

These are awesome... but like I said. Dropping the dolphin's helmet off the logo would be interesting. Either do that, or incorporate that long-overdue infinite regression into the Miami logo (a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin, etc.)

Although I wouldn't mind a return to the old logo, I really hope we just go with something new that actually seems more fierce looking. It is tough to make a dolphin look fierce, but if it is stylized enough you can make anything look dark and brooding. An improvement like the falcons sleek logo is pretty neat, for example.

This is Parcells. Simple and old-school:
clear.gif

This is what RBK wants. Futuristic, trendy and a good way of advertising:
2it622s-1.jpg

This is compromise. The blue is all gone but some new features are added:
a2doap-1.jpg

These are awesome... but like I said. Dropping the dolphin's helmet off the logo would be interesting. Either do that, or incorporate that long-overdue infinite regression into the Miami logo (a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin, etc.)

Please send an email to the Dolphins organization. We need this to happen!!!

and I dont mean greyboy's. That one is lame as hell. Grey has never been what the dolphins are about. I agree maybe with dropping the helmet, but you need the Iconic "M" somewhere dont you?

Gray is the real color of dolphins in the wild. Why shouldn't the dolphin logo be gray? Dolphins are not aqua or blue colored!!!!

B.Sebo is the guy I want to email the organization. Those jerseys are ridiculous. Would love to see that retro look.

I would like to see the jerseys changed back to what they looked like in our glory days of the 1970's; heck I will take the 1980's even. Ever since we changed our jerseys we have stunk.

The old logo with the smiling dolphin is even more pathetic then our current logo. We need a fresh new look. I guess over 61% on the poll agree that we need to modify the uniforms.

This is Parcells. Simple and old-school:
clear.gif

This is what RBK wants. Futuristic, trendy and a good way of advertising:
2it622s-1.jpg

This is compromise. The blue is all gone but some new features are added:
a2doap-1.jpg

:disapprove:

WHY DOES REEBOK HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING I LOVE!!!

First the screwed up the NHL, I have not been to a Lightning game since they got their new crappy logos and sissified jerseys, now they want to ruin the Dolphins?!!?

We should just go back to wearing our old 1972 jerseys, and keep the current logo, or completely revert back to the old one.

Trust me Reebok will ruin our team!

I would like the compromise listed above. Old School with a light flare.. Whats old is new again should be the slogan..

The Only thing I really dislike is the Logo the Helmet looks too big or something on the Dolphin. Also I feel we need something more aggressive. Of course old time fans will hate change, but they need to also get new younger followers and Uniforms are a way to do that..

I would like the compromise listed above. Old School with a light flare.. Whats old is new again should be the slogan..

The Only thing I really dislike is the Logo the Helmet looks too big or something on the Dolphin. Also I feel we need something more aggressive. Of course old time fans will hate change, but they need to also get new younger followers and Uniforms are a way to do that..

if they are following the uni, and not the team, they can go elsewhere..imo

I've always loved old uniforms. No matter what sport it is. NHL adopted the new RBK edge uniform designs and it looks like the historic styles of some of the uniforms are gone. I hope the dolphins keep the same uniforms, I just got my Jason Taylor jersey this past year.

Back
Top Bottom