MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms?

Should the Dolphins Modify The Uniforms

• YES

Votes: 252 62.4%
  • NO

Votes: 152 37.6%

• Total voters
Shandon Melvin who designed the new Charger logo and uniforms is working on a new design for the Dolphins.

aren't htye working on a new uniform AS well from waht i heard last year along wiht helmets?

It stated they are goin towards the Panthers helmet look with the stripe on the top and the broncos jersey look. Thats what i rem this time last year.

The subject of the report is NFL Creative Director Shandon Melvin, who grew up in the area and designed this year’s Super Bowl logo. At one point Melvin’s father, all proud and probably saying things he shouldn’t be discussing, says, “Right now he’s working on a new logo for the Dolphins and the Chargers.†Then the reporter adds, “Now, the inside word is that [Melvin] is working on a design update of the iconic NFL logo itself.†Then they cut to an audio clip of Melvin, who confirms the league logo revision: “We’re looking to update our brand just a little bit and to, I would say, refine it.â€

As for the Chargers and Dolphins logos, this is the first I’ve heard of any design revisions for those teams. Maybe Melvin’s finally going to incorporate that long-overdue infinite regression into the Miami logo (a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin, etc.).

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2007/02/02/logo-au-go-go-2/

I heard about the NFL logo change. Hasn't that already been implemented?

As for the Dolphins helmet, they went through this several years back in making the Dolphin on the helmet "more intimidating".

I really am not up for a major change, if any at all. I like the unis. Guess we'll see....

I'm a long time fan, and the old uniforms are classic, but I voted yes for change....

I don't think we need anything drastic, but certainly something new. Something similar to like what the Broncos did when they changed their uniforms, they kept the same colors but they changed the color flow / helmets to make them look more modern....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I know I'm in the minority here but I love white helmets. I would leave our logo alone but would modify the uni's. On one hand I love the throwback look(with our current logo) and on the other hand I really like the updated Cardinals' uni style.

Dear lord no. Unless it's a change to make the uniforms more retro, then why the hell would we ever change our uniforms? With the neverending changes to the rest of the league, our uniforms are one of the most attractive and recognizable uniforms out there.

I'm a long time fan, and the old uniforms are classic, but I voted yes for change....

I don't think we need anything drastic, but certainly something new. Something similar to like what the Broncos did when they changed their uniforms, they kept the same colors but they changed the color flow / helmets to make them look more modern....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

With you, man...

I love the old-school throwbacks, but some minor modification sure wouldn't hurt... Not that I'm implying it would help... :D

I like the old style uniforms. In my opinion the best uniforms in the league are the ones that haven't changed. Cleveland, Green Bay, Chicago, Oakland, etc. The new Broncos uniforms are just alright, and they're the best of the new breed of uniforms. The Vikings, Cardinals, Rams, Chargers, and especially Seattle look like crap.

If the dolphins change I hope they just go simple and take it back to the 80's. Simple is better. These "modern" uniforms are way too busy for my taste.

Shandon Melvin who designed the new Charger logo and uniforms is working on a new design for the Dolphins.

I found an article about that from last year February 2,2007

It looks like the designer of this years Super Bowl logo has slipped up and leaked a bit of information pertaining to the redesign of the Miami Dolphins and San Diego Chargers logos. The report surfaced in a feature about Shandon Melvin, who grew up in West Virginia and designed this year’s Super Bowl logo. During the interview with Melvin, he slips when talking about the new logo to the reporter. As explained by the reporter…

“Right now he’s working on a new logo for the Dolphins and the Chargers.†Then the reporter adds, “Now, the inside word is that [Melvin] is working on a design update of the iconic NFL logo itself.†Then they cut to an audio clip of Melvin, who confirms the league logo revision: “We’re looking to update our brand just a little bit and to, I would say, refine it.â€
This is the first time the UniWatch Blog has heard about these redesigns of the Phins and Bolts logos. They feel Melvin will incorporate that long-overdue infinite regression into the Miami logo (a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin, etc.)
This could be interesting. I really have no opinions either way as I like the Phins logo but think it could use a refresher. I’m sure there are tons of die hard Phin fans who will be up in arms about this news.

http://www.sportech.info/2007/02/02/rumor-dolphins-to-get-new-look-logo/

Personally, I would like a change ONLY to the retro 70's version.

As for the new NFL logo, it will be unveiled at the 2008 Nfl Draft.

that rumor has been around since last year and it has already been denied by the Dolphins. They said the were making slight uniform changes, but the logo is NOT changing.

didn't he just do that with the different style number's? i thought he changed the way 86 and 88 look. i don't know if melvin was to change the uni's dramatically but i've been wrong before. maybe we should change to accomodate our new coach as he reminds me of a nyfd cheif..tough as hell but well respected and loved.

The only change I would be in on would be going with the throwbacks from the 70's or early 80's. Other than that...dont change anything.

clear.gif

This will be the new NFL logo. Only 8 stars, the football is more upright to look more like the Lombardi trophy and the letters are more block style than curvy. It will start being used at this years draft.

Back
Top Bottom