Merged 2x:Williams fails third drug test/No else reporting it ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Williams fails third drug test/No else reporting it ?

34RWilliams said:
This is starting to a little more realistic due to Ricky :(

the problem with that is it was said last year prior to the sweep!

:lastyr:

ZOD said:
Nope! They just fired it back up.

It's only reported there because Lebatard just reported it. He's got the inside scoop.

Turn on a sports radio station. It will be on all day as soon as they see the report.

As the day goes on, we should hear more about this.

Williams said he continued smoking marijuana while on tour with rocker Lenny Kravitz and Europe and failed a third test upon his return.

I didn't know Europe was still touring. :huh:

Justasportsfan said:
I understand. I wasn't talking about the legallity of pot. Just trying to say that everyone knows he has a phychological disorder and as far as he's concerned, it works better for him. I'm not trying to condone the use of illegal substance but cmon, neither you nor I know what's going through his head to even think he's lost it just because he thinks it works better for him than paxil.

Some people here on this this board don't have any sort of disorder and smoke it. Should we say , they lost it?

RW should go to a doctor and have it prescribed and all will be understood. Problem is, he might be too high to even make a phone call :D.
Pot has about three to four common medical uses: (1) to combat nausea from chemotherapy; (2) to lower eye pressure in patients with glaucoma; (3) to treat AIDS-related wasting syndrome in order to stimulate appetite; (4) and to a lesser degree to combat pain and muscle spasms in patients with diseases such as multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and Huntington's disease.

This was from the University of Washington. Nowhere was Social Anxiety Disorder or any similar disorder mentioned. Also, ANY marijuana use is in violation of federal law. There are only 8 people in hte US that can legally use pot and no more people are being added to the list. Doctors sometimes recommend marijuana but they cannot legally prescribe it according to federal law.

ZOD said:
the problem with that is it was said last year prior to the sweep!

:lastyr:

Yeah let's see if the Bills can score an offensive TD on us before naming them victorious.

Justasportsfan said:
I understand. I wasn't talking about the legallity of pot. Just trying to say that everyone knows he has a phychological disorder and as far as he's concerned, it works better for him. I'm not trying to condone the use of illegal substance but cmon, neither you nor I know what's going through his head to even think he's lost it just because he thinks it works better for him than paxil.

Some people here on this this board don't have any sort of disorder and smoke it. Should we say , they lost it?

RW should go to a doctor and have it prescribed and all will be understood. Problem is, he might be too high to even make a phone call :D.
I said he lost it because he is prescibing pot on his own. It obvious he has a disorder, and for him to say that the pot works better is wrong. He quit fotball because he could not stay away from pot.

Who wouldn't want to travel the world and get high all day if you have a couple million in the bank. I would love to, but I have a sense of responsability. The point is it is highy irresponsible to let down your teamates, family (He has three kids what are they thinking and who is taking care of them while he is getting high traveling the world), and to himself.

He is making decisions that will adversly affect him and his family's future while he is high as a kite, but thinks it is ok because he feels good. Better than he did on paxil! I have ideas that I come up with while I am high that sound great until I wake up the next day. I also feel free after a few bongs hits, but it wears off. He needs to take a break and see how he feels after he comes down!

That news can't be relaesed by the NFL. The only reason it came out was because Ricky admitted to it.

Cannabis is not an opiate (or pain killer). It is considered a mild hallucinogin. The main reason it is prescribed to chemo patients is to help releive the horrible side effect of nausea. People like pot because it relaxes them.

If I had to carry the ball as much as Ricky, I'd be nauseous too! He alwayed seems relaxed though.

Anthony3454 said:
That news can't be relaesed by the NFL. The only reason it came out was because Ricky admitted to it.

Yes, I know, but you would think ESPN news would still report on the news report from Lebatard. Seems odd. I am sure they will report it later today.

This is not a major story nationwide because Williams is already yesterday's news. We care because we are Dolphins fans, the rest of the country (aside from avid football fans) has already moved on. The next time Williams will be on TV will be in an episode of, "Where are they now?" They'll have to fly out to some island in Thailand to film the shoddy tin hut he lives and tokes up in, because he ran out of cash a few years earlier

yankeehillbilly said:
Pot has about three to four common medical uses: (1) to combat nausea from chemotherapy; (2) to lower eye pressure in patients with glaucoma; (3) to treat AIDS-related wasting syndrome in order to stimulate appetite; (4) and to a lesser degree to combat pain and muscle spasms in patients with diseases such as multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and Huntington's disease.

This was from the University of Washington. Nowhere was Social Anxiety Disorder or any similar disorder mentioned. Also, ANY marijuana use is in violation of federal law. There are only 8 people in hte US that can legally use pot and no more people are being added to the list. Doctors sometimes recommend marijuana but they cannot legally prescribe it according to federal law.
yeah, I knew that. My point was, he's a headcase and not one of us knows what we would do in his situation. Are we worse for having smoke that thing at one point in our life even though we don't have psychological issues like he has. What he did by leaving the team hanging was wrong. Was it wrong for him personally? That's not up for me to decide, it's his life. let's not be judgemental about his character. He has after all been diagnosed as being :crazy: to some degree.

I've met Ricky a couple of times when I lived by Las Olas and he came to work because my co-worker was his friend. IMO, he was a nice guy from what I've seen who doesn't really have anything bad to say about anyone.

Finfan80 said:
This is not a major story nationwide because Williams is already yesterday's news. We care because we are Dolphins fans, the rest of the country (aside from avid football fans) has already moved on. The next time Williams will be on TV will be in an episode of, "Where are they now?" They'll have to fly out to some island in Thailand to film the shoddy tin hut he lives and tokes up in, because he ran out of cash a few years earlier

Yeah finfan80 I think I agree with you. He is becoming yesterday's news which I think is good for us and the organization.

Back
Top Bottom