Merged 2x:Williams fails third drug test/No else reporting it ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Williams fails third drug test/No else reporting it ?

BS he stopped taking Paxil and reverted back to the NO ricky, plain and simple.

Ricky Williams fails drug test for 3rd time

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]This is a story I recieved through the wire.

Retired Dolphins running back Ricky Williams said he failed a third drug test for marijuana use, which would cost him a four-game suspension if he decides to return to the NFL, The Miami Herald reported on its Web site Thursday.

Williams told the newspaper that marijuana played a larger role in his retirement than he indicated when he walked away after just five pro seasons. He said he learned of the failed test and possible suspension days before telling coach Dave Wannstedt last week that he was through playing.

Williams said, however, that there were “a hundred reasons” for his retirement and that his desire to continue smoking marijuana was only one of them.

“I didn’t quit football because I failed a drug test,” he told the Herald. “I failed a drug test because I was ready to quit football.”

Dolphins spokesman Neal Gulkis and NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined comment Thursday when reached by The Associated Press.

Williams told the newspaper that he is not addicted to marijuana.

In May, three South Florida newspapers quoted unidentified sources saying Williams tested positive for marijuana and faced a fine of at least $650,000 for violating the substance-abuse policy for the second time since joining the Dolphins in 2002.

He told the Herald for Thursday’s story that he already decided to quit football before that second positive test. He appealed that fine, but received word last week that his appeal had been denied, the Herald reported.

On the Orlando Magic message board on RealGM.com, there are rumors speculating that he will return to Miami and reconsider his retirement on Friday 7/30. An announcement should acknowlege his return. I hope he didnt quite becuse he's addicted to weed. However it is very slim that this rumor will formulate.
[/font]

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=263297
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]~MVGM[/font]

Read the boards please....this has been brought to light numerous times....

Why? Doobies are legally prescribed to some people w/ mental/psychological disorders. Doesn't RW have a psychologial problem?

Does it seem like he has a prescription?

mod edit: Leave the name calling out of it. Thank you

Justasportsfan said:
Why? Doobies are legally prescribed to some people w/ mental/psychological disorders. Doesn't RW have a psychologial problem? Don't you sometimes wonder what the NFL would've done had RW fought for the use of MJ for his disorder if his Doctor would've prescribed it? Problem is, there would still be people who will say that he's using his problem as an excuse to smoke.
Not true. Doctors cannot prescribe marijuana for any reason including cancer and glaucoma patients. They can recommend it, but not prescribe it. They certainly cant prescribe an illegal hallucinagin to somebody who already has mental/psychological problems.

MDolphins2004 said:
I do not smoke Mary Jane.......But I know it is not legal because it would DESTROY the cotton industry.........KNOW THAT!!!!

Mary is not even close to being a drug when compared to BEER & CIGS!!!!

The goverment will allow the Tabacco industry to lie to congress......Pay a small fine....Yeah it was 1,000,000,000 .........but over how many years.....lol......and then they just raised their prices......but paid less to the farmers that grow the crops....lol....**** the GOVERMENT when it comes to MARY not being legal......BUT YOU CAN PICK UP A PACK OF SMOKES & A BEER!!!!!!

When was the last time you heard of someone being killed from MARY.........I know of 2 people killed drinking and driving....and lost a family member in the late 90's to lung cancer from smoking two packs a day......

**** THE GOVERMENT!!!!!!!

Ricky did quit because of the DRUG TEST~~Between getting benched and fined for 4 games.....He could not deal with the media knowing the outcome......He should have just quit smoking the ****...But I would rather ANYONE smoke MARY .........and NOT DRINK BEER & SMOKE CIGS.

The real crime is that major corporations can pay their way into your BODIES!!!!

Don't forget he'd also have to go to the League mandated rehab.

Time for another history lesson. The reson pot is illegal and alcohol & tobacco are legal is simple. Pot is not ingrained into our society the alcohol and tobacco are. 100 years ago, how many people in the US knew what pot was? Virtually none, same goes for most other hard drugs. (you could make a case for coccane, thanks to the original formula for Coke). Europeans have been drinking well over 2000 years and somking for at least 500.

inFINSible said:
"I didn't quit football because I failed a drug test,'' he said. "I failed a drug test because I was ready to quit football.''
What a fukkin prick. The guy could of came forward way before he did. I think he did this to spite someone in the Dolphins organization or he would have come forward early enough where we could have had more options.

Ricky has lost all respect from me. I am just disgusted in his attitude. He seemed so humble when he posted on his site, or talked to the media. Especially with his comments like "Whatever you can do in New Orleans, you ball twice as much here in Miami." We waisted 2 1st round picks, and his comments are just rediculous. Ricky ----> :down:

If he failed a third drug tests, Why did Wanny look and act so suprised? Wouldn't he have known about it? I'm sure someone in the organization had to know. Sounds kinda fishy to me.

Back
Top Bottom