Merged 4x: Who is the player we Traded for Boston?/Player To Be Named Later/My bet | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x: Who is the player we Traded for Boston?/Player To Be Named Later/My bet

LOL.

I'm thinking Jamar Fletcher or a DE .

well, i think it could be tolver. He's from SD.
if it is Fletch, we just saved some more money.

The player to be named later is probably young back up player on the Dolphins.
1 player I could see the Chargers wanting is TE Donald Lee.The Chargers have already cut TE Sthephen Alexander.

Other players could be:

DT Dario Ramero
DE Otis Grigsby
WR's Sam Simmons or Kendall Newson

Since they;ve stated they are not going qb, maybe the player is Rosenfels.

Originally posted by 32yrfinfan
My guess: Rosenfels

Sage is still a FA right? I dont' remember resgning him..unless I missed something....

Originally posted by finfan54
Its not jay Fiedler. SD has the #1 pick. who do you think they will be drafting? duh.

They said their NOT going QB with the #1 pick. In fact, there was an article a few days ago saying they were interested in Jay.

duuuuuh....

Originally posted by Jimmy James
What is with the Jay bashing?

I almost understand it if you really think Dave is just going to start Jay blindly. Once again, I have to suggest that you put any anger about that sort of thing happening squarely on Dave's shoulders. Unless you can show us that Jay has dirt on Dave that he is using for extortion purposes, I can't blame Jay for it at all.

I think many of you remember that I'm really fond of Jay. Even I think it's probably over for him as a starter. He has backup-level talent, and he will do an excellent job in that role starting this year. I certainly want a guy like him in that role instead of a Ray Lucas or Brian Griese. If AJ gets hurt and Jay needs to step in, he will be capable of giving us 3 quarters or 2 games worth of decent play to get us over the rough patch. Feel what you want about his record as a starter, but don't hate Jay because he is our backup.

I apologize for obviously hurtin your feelings beings your a jay supporter. Therefore I will not go into depth with my problems with Jay.

All I will say is, my heart goes out to Chambers and OG, both of who's careers he nearly eneded, as well as Ricky's on errant throws.

I will bite my tongue now, and have faith that AJ is the starter....and if Jay is come the first week, me and Wanny will have serious issues.

I doubt it... I think SD will draft Eli Manning then with the 33rd pick overall pick a 1st round quality WR like Clayton, Woods, Evans or Jenkins.

Atleast... that's what I'd do. You get your franchise QB plus an excellent reciever. If it was vice versa and you selected a top-tier reciever like Fitzgerald... it's very hard to find a QB to start right away and you are stuck with Brees again.

I'm a Fiedler supporter as well, but I don't think Fiedler is Superbowl material. Give him enough time to throw he'll get it done, and with his legs he always has stayed healthy and "pretty" deicent behind a $hi-tty O-Line. Although I support Fiedler, I'm still ready for a Franchise QB. I'll never be 120% satisfied after watching Marino my whole life (the same as every other Dolfan out there) but let's just hope Fiedler can stop using the excuse of not being able to execute because of the O-Line. He's being given all the tools he needs this year...so there IS NO MORE EXCUSES after this season. Now or never buddy.

If it were Tolver or Simmons why wouldn't they do the trade now? Unless they are just waiting for the completion of the physical to announce the player (possibly), there is no cap advantage to waiting. If the reason they are waiting is to get a cap advantage then it is more likely to be Fletcher or Thompson.

Back
Top Bottom