Merged 4x: Who is the player we Traded for Boston?/Player To Be Named Later/My bet | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x: Who is the player we Traded for Boston?/Player To Be Named Later/My bet

Originally posted by rafael
If it were Tolver or Simmons why wouldn't they do the trade now? Unless they are just waiting for the completion of the physical to announce the player (possibly), there is no cap advantage to waiting. If the reason they are waiting is to get a cap advantage then it is more likely to be Fletcher or Thompson.

Because they haven't notified the player yet.

In all honesty, it wouldn't bother me if it was Fiedler. Of course, the fans and the media would freak out about giving up a potential starting QB for a guy with past baggage.

But, this is NOT going to happen, imo. Dave would never part with Jay ... and I don't think Rick has the power to do it. Plus, it would make them look bad without an experienced backup.

I just want Feeley to beat out Jay ... that's my hope.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Because they haven't notified the player yet.

Yeah, I saw in the paper that they will announce the player today, so I don't think it is related to the salary cap after all.

Originally posted by Graythreat

I will bite my tongue now, and have faith that AJ is the starter....and if Jay is come the first week, me and Wanny will have serious issues.

I don't have a problem with this logic at all. I don't fault Jay for what happened to this team, but I can understand why other people do. I just don't see why people want him gone when he is exactly the sort of backup any team needs in this league. Look at how he came off the bench against the Redskins, after all.

Re: My bet

Originally posted by Graythreat
My bet...

is that that unamed player is Fiedler.
:rolleyes2

Fletcher just makes so much sense

Do you think if Fletcher gets t raded, he has a chance to start in San Diego, what kind of defense do they play?? Zone?? cause fletcher can be dangerous like in his college days wihen he played zone all the time.. Who are the other two cornerbacks besides Jammer??/

I'd be dissapointed to lose Tolver. He's a guy I like a hell of a lot. Also, seriously doubt it is Donald Lee as earlier suggested. The Chargers have a very very promising young TE in Antonoi Gates.

Fletch seems an obvious choice, but I'm really not sure...

I think itll be Sage, YES!!!! DRAFT RIVERS NOW!!!!!!!!!!

It has to be a DB or a young WR. Fletcher or DT would be fine with me. It better not be Wally or else, we've been had.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Can we win a SB
Do you think if Fletcher gets t raded, he has a chance to start in San Diego, what kind of defense do they play?? Zone?? cause fletcher can be dangerous like in his college days wihen he played zone all the time.. Who are the other two cornerbacks besides Jammer??/

The Chargers run a Base Zone Cover 2. More like the type of Cover 2 that Tampa runs with more Zone coverage rather than the Pressure Cover 2 that Miami runs with all the Man2Man that we run.

Their other CBs are Davis, Cooper, and Florence.

Fletch would be a great fit in there IMHO.

Originally posted by Barbarian

The Chargers run a Base Zone Cover 2. More like the type of Cover 2 that Tampa runs with more Zone coverage rather than the Pressure Cover 2 that Miami runs with all the Man2Man that we run.

Their other CBs are Davis, Cooper, and Florence.

Fletch would be a great fit in there IMHO.
OK coach. :)

I'm guessing the phone conversation went something like this...

AJ Smith: "Hey Rick this is AJ...Smith, not Feeley. Looks like things are falling into place David has agreed to relinquish his rights to $5 million of the overall amount of money that we were set to owe him."

Rick Spielman: "Yeah, we worked out a contract with him. The paperwork's all set and ready to go. Good doing business with you."

AJ Smith: "Aren't you forgetting something?"

Rick Spielman: "????"

AJ Smith: "Compensation?"

Rick Spielman: "You want compensation? Didn't we already work this out?"

AJ Smith: "Uhhhh, no. We've kinda been operating on good faith so far."

Rick Spielman: "We'll give you $100 bucks. Wayne has given the OK on it"

AJ Smith: "We want a 2nd round pick"

Rick Spielman: (laughing) "Ahhh AJ. Come on its ok I'll be serious what do you really want?"

AJ Smith: "I AM serious"

Rick Spielman: "We don't even HAVE a 2nd round pick!"

AJ Smith: "Oh. Thats right. Well do you have any players you could give up? Hey what about that Fletcher kid you took in the first round"

Rick Spielman: "Come again? Wait a minute let me get this straight...you want a 2nd round pick in this coming draft....."

AJ Smith: "...right"

Rick Spielman: "....OR you want Jamar Fletcher?"

AJ Smith: "Yeah, thats right"

Rick Spielman: (hand covering the phone receiver) "DAVE!!! DAVE GET OVER HERE!!! You gotta listen in on this, this guy is ready to take JAMAR FLETCHER in lieu of a 2nd round pick for Boston! What the heck is he thinking!!"

Dave Wannstedt: "Well Fletcher was pretty talented coming out of college..."

Rick Spielman: "Oh shut up, just because he's your guy doesn't mean you have to keep defending him."

Dave Wannstedt: "Oh and I suppose you still think we'd have been better off with Drew Brees eh? Why don't you go ahead and try to pawn him off on me too, you already gave me AJ Feeley as the heralded replacement for Jay Fiedler."

Rick Spielman: "Hey! Drew Brees was pretty good coming out of college..."

Dave Wannstedt: "Then I guess we're even"

Rick Spielman: "You're forgetting Anquan Boldin."

Dave Wannstedt: "I can guarantee with you around I will never forget Anquan Boldin...you won't let me forget him. Anyway if this doofus will take Jamar go for it."

AJ Smith: "This DOOFUS can still hear you guys"

Dave + Rick: "Oh crap"

AJ Smith: "Yeah, and for that I'm going to take a conditional 6th rounder in 2005 from you as well as Fletcher!!!!"

Rick Spielman: (whispers) "What is this guy on?"

Dave Wannstedt muscles the receiver away from Rick: "DEAL! DEAL!" click.

Back
Top Bottom