Merged 5x: Power Rankings rise?/Phins 23rd on ESPN's Power Rankings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 5x: Power Rankings rise?/Phins 23rd on ESPN's Power Rankings

Canadianfishfan said:
That depends HOW we get beat... Thats a BIG IF we get beat!

I agree that it should be based on how we get beat, though thats ESPN. If they were used to consider that factor early in the season we should already be in the 10th to 20th range. Every year they're too stucked at the "last season" until week 3 or 4..
thats why i guess no matter how we get beat, espn would put us at the bottom down again

byroan said:
I know I said we'd be 26, but looking at their rankings now we should be higher. The Rams lost to the 49ers and we dominated the Broncos. But they're both higher?
Its only week one and we are still underdogs here. We beat the Jets and we take a big jump and the J-E-T-S drop to the bottom 5 with 2 losses. Now if the Pats would lose I will have a great week 2.

The Titans should be at the bottom of that list...They showed absolutely nothing on either side of the ball...At least the Bears have a great Defense and the Browns did show some signs against Cincy despite the scoreboard....I feel bad for McNair...One of the gutsiest ever.

I predicted 25 at best, so I'm really happy with the 23 mark. If we win again, I'm sure we'd take just as big a jump - up to 16 at least. All would depend on how big a win.

Exactly what I expected, and that's the problem with these power rankings... Regardless of where we are overall, there is no reason that after a 34-10 ***** slapping, that wasn't even THAT close, the Broncos should be ranked above us. Maybe if the game had been close, but the fact is that Miami straight up out-classed the Broncos, while not even playing that well (turnovers and penalties).

CsonkaClone said:
The Titans should be at the bottom of that list...They showed absolutely nothing on either side of the ball...At least the Bears have a great Defense and the Browns did show some signs against Cincy despite the scoreboard....I feel bad for McNair...One of the gutsiest ever.
the titans did SUCK on sunday, but to me the Texans take the cake. 70 yards passing. come on.... 70!!!!

If you look at all the factors
1. 4-12 last year
2. new coach with zero NFL head coaching experience
3. new roster
4. Offensive and defensive schemes rehaul

I could go on. My point is that these are things that get us excited... but they are also things that have lead to pour seasons, on many oocasions for many coaches/teams.

We had talent last year.... but talent alone doesnt win games as we so well learned.

We have to earn everything we get this year. And we won't earn it in 1 week.

If this team stays focused.. and executes.. (I hate to say it)... we can compete with anyone. And we WILL get the accolades so many are seeking!

ch19079 said:
the titans did SUCK on sunday, but to me the Texans take the cake. 70 yards passing. come on.... 70!!!!
You can't go by just passing yards though. Steelers only had like 111 passing yards and they whooped butt. They ran though which apparently the Texans didn't do much of either

1-NE(Give the edge b/c of SB)
2-Ind
3-Phi(Missed FG cost em the game and missing Trotter)
4-KC
5-Atl
6-Pit
7-SD(missed there rec weapon in Gates)
8-Min(Hard to put them here but they will rebound this week)
9-Car(Will be better this week/Getting back in sync)
10-Jac(improving all the time)
11-Sea
12-Stl(a typical collapse against a bad team/alla Miami last year)
13-NO(Alot of talent and motivation)
14-Cin(loaded w/ talent and upside)
15-Oak(It seems high but they are much improved/Moss is a big help)
16-NYJ(Will play better this week)(they will fall more in weeks to come)
17-Den(Will not face a D like that to often)
18-Buf(Could struggle at times this year)
19-GB(Favre factor gives edge over Dal)
20- Dal(Can'y move em to far in 1 wk)(Better than people think)
21-Det(Can be good if Harrington plays well/Loaded w/ young talent)
22-Miami(I believe they will be at 25 or so/but they looked very good play in and play out/better than believed/could mix around any of the few bove and below/I personally believe we are better or as good as many of the teams ahead of us but it was wk one so tampering the enthusiasim)
23-TB
24-NYG(?'s cost a few spots)
25-Hou(Looked horrible/should be higher though but we will see this week)
26-Bal(Qb issue cost them many spots in my opinion)
27-Ten
28-Ari
29-SF
30-Chi
31-Wsh
32-Cle

If no pre-season ranking Min would be middle of the road.Miami would be top 10 based on performance.

PHINZONER said:
1-NE(Give the edge b/c of SB)
2-Ind
3-Phi(Missed FG cost em the game and missing Trotter)
4-KC
5-Atl
6-Pit
7-SD(missed there rec weapon in Gates)
8-Min(Hard to put them here but they will rebound this week)
9-Car(Will be better this week/Getting back in sync)
10-Jac(improving all the time)
11-Sea
12-Stl(a typical collapse against a bad team/alla Miami last year)
13-NO(Alot of talent and motivation)
14-Cin(loaded w/ talent and upside)
15-Oak(It seems high but they are much improved/Moss is a big help)
16-NYJ(Will play better this week)(they will fall more in weeks to come)
17-Den(Will not face a D like that to often)
18-Buf(Could struggle at times this year)
19-GB(Favre factor gives edge over Dal)
20- Dal(Can'y move em to far in 1 wk)(Better than people think)
21-Det(Can be good if Harrington plays well/Loaded w/ young talent)
22-Miami(I believe they will be at 25 or so/but they looked very good play in and play out/better than believed/could mix around any of the few bove and below/I personally believe we are better or as good as many of the teams ahead of us but it was wk one so tampering the enthusiasim)
23-TB
24-NYG(?'s cost a few spots)
25-Hou(Looked horrible/should be higher though but we will see this week)
26-Bal(Qb issue cost them many spots in my opinion)
27-Ten
28-Ari
29-SF
30-Chi
31-Wsh
32-Cle
farve factor?? they have no O-Line, and no real defense. ant much Farve can do agenst the dallas defense. (only way they win is if they get a few TDs off INTs).

Jets 16.... bills 18... STL 12!!!! :lol:

saban is the real deal? i will be on the field sunday and see for my self!!! jets will be coming with there a game after that loss!!!!!!! 2 game lead ?yea know!!! or was it a fluke!!!

Back
Top Bottom