Merged 5x: Power Rankings rise?/Phins 23rd on ESPN's Power Rankings | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 5x: Power Rankings rise?/Phins 23rd on ESPN's Power Rankings

I can not see them dropping Stl that much, nor do I see them ranking the Bills that high w/ the ?'s at qb. NYJ's were a preseason favorite of many. No way they drop behind Buf,Mia.

Stl would light Buffalo up. Lose the homer hat. Buf has a tough D but Stl is better than you think. They are a team that is always unprepared for several games a year!

PHINZONER said:
I can not see them dropping Stl that much, nor do I see them ranking the Bills that high w/ the ?'s at qb. NYJ's were a preseason favorite of many. No way they drop behind Buf,Mia.

Stl would light Buffalo up. Lose the homer hat. Buf has a tough D but Stl is better than you think. They are a team that is always unprepared for several games a year!
STL?? i have seen nothing to be afraid of from them. NOTHING. they SUCKED last season and they will probubly SUCK this season. dont you remember how much of a joke their division was last year. no team from that division deserved to be in the playoffs last year.

i have several questions about our QB. but after 1 solid game agenst a sucky team, im feeling better about it. :cool: our defense wants to be remebered as one of the greatest ever.... just like ravens SB defense. the bills will stay high on alot of list because of that.

Let's see your rankings! You prob. put Buf in the top 16. Yeah, you beat a Houston team w/ it's own problems.

Fact is we kicked the crap out of a much better team than Buffalo did. It was even worse than the score indicated. So I should have Miami ahead of Buf by several spots then.
I just put them where I think the rankings will, w/ a little of my opinion thrown in.My money says Stl will finish w/ a better record than the Bills.

Gus looked far far better than anyone thought, and that was the one big concern w/ the Fins! So after a solid game those doubts should be throw out the window?

When JP and Gus do it for 3-4 straight weeks we can all start to talk that that ? is behind us. W/ the weapons that Buf has they should have lit the sky w/ points on Houston.

PHINZONER said:
Let's see your rankings! You prob. put Buf in the top 16. Yeah, you beat a Houston team w/ it's own problems.

Fact is we kicked the crap out of a much better team than Buffalo did. It was even worse than the score indicated. So I should have Miami ahead of Buf by several spots then.
I just put them where I think the rankings will, w/ a little of my opinion thrown in.My money says Stl will finish w/ a better record than the Bills.
well as far as power rankings go... i think its not just about that 1 game.

i dont think you can go from #30 to #8 in 1 week. yeah it was preseason that you were ranked ~30th, but still. you beat denver. very impressive. but how good were they? we dont know just yet. how good are the texans? we dont know. i personaly had high expectations for them.

i think your win moves you up, the bills have moved up, and other teams have dropped. ill give you a list here in a min. but you have to factor in where the team was ranked before this game. no way in hell should the 49ers be ~15th or anything like that.

Like I said you can not drop NYJ,Min,Stl,Phi,SD,Car,or Sea to far b/c of one loss. There was real sloppy play on behalf of many teams. NYJ w/ 6 + turnovers,Min w/5+,Phi,Atl, and on and on. Players were dehydrated all over the league. It will all start to change this week w/ all of them playing together more than a few series! Getting in game shape, taking the hits!

Rankings are stupid at this point in the season.

However, I have no idea how they could keep the Broncos ahead of Miami.

If we played the Broncos every week we would end up 13-3

Denver did not play that bad. They had pressure coming from all over the place. Denver is a good team. They will be at that 9-7 10-6 range I guess. Tough division makes it hard to predict much more than that!

Moving up seven spots in one weeks not too shabby if you ask me :). But then again, it's ESPN, next week if we lose by 3 we could be right back to 30 lol.

zachseau13 said:
Rankings are stupid at this point in the season.

However, I have no idea how they could keep the Broncos ahead of Miami.

If we played the Broncos every week we would end up 13-3
16-0:D

Looks like Mia beat a much better team than Buf, but Buf is rated at #9. Do the Jill's really deserve #9.

1) Pats (i hate them. but are SB champs)
2) Colts (they found a defense to go with manning)
3) Atlanta (freakin M. Vick wins games by himself)
4) Pitt (when the 3rd string RB beasts on a team... thats a good offense)
5) KC (if the D holds up, they can go far behind that O-Line)
6) Eagles (i know they lost but... they are still the eagles)
7) Bills (70 passing yards for Carr. i bet the bills drop a few spots in the next few weeks, but right now, the best D in the NFL)
8) Oakland (the Pats make all defense look bad.)
9) Bengals (they played great, but they are the bengals...so i will NOT put them any higher than 9th)
10) Jags (i really like their Defense)
11) Giants (every thing went right sunday. i dout it will stay that way, but for now...# 11)
12) Chargers (gates return will help, but they will play musical chairs with QBs in a few weeks)
13) NO (they played great with all that happened, but arnt that good of a team)
14) Dallas (a great D, but it wont be long before they realize you simply blitz, and bledsoe breaks down)
15) Minn (they will get it together)
16) Carolina (Jenkins injury will cost them dearly :shakeno: )
17) TB (they wont be here for long, enjoy it while you can bay fans.)
18) Jets (you SUCKED in game 1. but you will get it together)
19) fins (it wont get much better than this, and YES you are behind the jets. atleast until next week.)
20) Seattle (beat up your own division, someone has to go to the playoffs)
21) STL (same as seattle)
22) Detroit (8-8 here we come... )
23) Ravens (the D will win you games)
24) SF (played great, but you will still have a top 5 overall daft pick)
25) Arizona (how about a little RUNNING game??? maybe!!!)
26) Broncos (just plain bad)
27) GB (no O-Line, no defense... no Walker.. :shakeno: )
28) Chicago (bad, but not any worse than the teams listed below)
29) Browns :lol:
30) Tenn :shakeno:
31) Washington :lol:
32) Texans (they will be better next week, but 70 passing yards... damn)

PHINZONER said:
Looks like Mia beat a much better team than Buf, but Buf is rated at #9. Do the Jill's really deserve #9.
yes, but the bills DOMINATED the texans more than the fins dominated the broncos. i also think people thaught the bills would have a good season this year, and thaught the fins would not. it will take a few weeks to change peoples minds.

ch19079 said:
yes, but the bills DOMINATED the texans more than the fins dominated the broncos. i also think people thaught the bills would have a good season this year, and thaught the fins would not. it will take a few weeks to change peoples minds.

The Fins had a higher margin of victory and the truth is the Fins could have easily scored more if not for some dropped balls and a LOT of turnovers.

Almost all of Denver's yards were in garbage time.

Back
Top Bottom