MERGED 6X: RB Possibilities Via Trade | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 6X: RB Possibilities Via Trade

Who will it be?

• O Smith

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Bennett

• A Train

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • LT even possible?

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Foster

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Johnson

• Davenport

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters
BuGaLoU said:
I doubt Dallas will be int he market for a RB seeing as how they just got George.

wasn't it a one year deal with george? they just drafted jones, i'd rather see him do somewhat well then see L.T. on the boys roster. alexander is also a free agent next year. 2 studs out there next year, you guys got cap space?

I dont see how everyone hates LJ,I think he is a very good back and im glad hes on the cheifs,It wouldnt brake my hart if he did get traded,but it wouldnt brake my hart if he didnt either.

Well, first off, I was sorry to hear this news and I feel for you fans, this must be a real choker. I don't blame anyone for retiring if their heart isn't in it but the timing is terrible on his part.

Still, the possibilities if the Dolphins want to bring in someone could be something like this:

Trung Candiate (FA)
Ladell Betts (trade from Redskins, would probably cost about a 4th rounder next year)
Either Blaylock or Larry Johnson from the Chiefs (trade, can't guess what it would cost)
One of Minnasotas backs (again, trade)
Lamont Jordon or Travis Henry in a trade, problem is that they are division rivals and may be very reluctant to do business, plus in Jordans case, he could be about to replace Curtis Martin.
Bears could be willing to trade A-Train.
Broncos may be willing to trade Quentin Griffen if Bell and Hearst look good in camp.
Maurice Morris of the Seahawks (again, trade).
James Stewart of the Lions!

Those are just of the top of my head, the Phins have to be careful in any trade, teams will look to rip them off knowing the situation the Phins are in, may be best to go with a FA who has something to prove plus Minor who knows the system and can play a bit.

As I say, bad news for you guys, Williams was a great player, the league needs as many great players as it can get. Hopefully for you guys this brings your team closer together and makes them want to prove they can do it without Williams. A team with a chip on its shoulder can be dangerous!

BuGaLoU said:
I doubt Dallas will be int he market for a RB seeing as how they just got George.

George is for surely on the downside of his career, and it's probably one of the reasons the Cowboys only offered him a one year deal.

What I said about Thomlinson is a rumor, but one I herd Fat Hank on WQAM say a little over a month ago. He said LT grew up a diehard Cowboys fan and now that they have Parcells, he wants badly to play there.

Another reason we the chargers may wanna trade tomlinson is because I heard the owner may try to sell the team. Losing tomlinsons salary may make the team easier to sell. Also the chargers are at least two years away from winning and they are wasting LTs prime.

does clarett turn 21 during this season. maybe we can sign him.

deadpoolX said:
the dolphins can get much more for ogunleye then larry johnson.
Huh? A pro-bowl DE for a nothing RB that ran over the likes of Indiana and Illinois in college and got stuffed and quit against teams like IOWA and osu. That hasn't done anything in the Pros and he's all the Phins can get for Ogun. Puhleeeeeeeese.:shakeno:

The best bet IMO to get anyone would be DeShaun Foster or Stephen Davis from the Carolina Panthers...either one of those guys can be a big-time starter....if we get Stephen Davis and he stays healthy, he can be an every-down back....if we get Foster, Minor can do a noble job as a third down back.....

One question if Wanstadt knew about Ricky wanting to quit months ago why did we not go after Eddie George??? The articles I have read say he has been talking about this for months and it wasn't a surprise to anyone but us.

i woke up to read ricky retires! holly s****, what a shocker.. where the fu**** tylenol.

Maybe Gibbs will trade wally for portis :roflmao: . Really though sad day. Just woke up and got the news. We just went from contender to pretender. I cant see anyone trading a back to us outdise of maybee Minn. I would love Foster but what do we have to give but a 1st rounder??? They dont need wally!! Perhaps we could trade Howard back :roflmao: . Really though perhaps Maddison and a 3rd roundr or something? We need SOMETING!!!!

HEY ZEVO....Awfully happy for a guy who never had anything good to say about R.W huh! I guess we can put up with you posting for a while till by some miracle the phins beat the bill and you mysteriously fade away for a while......sounds like last year. In all seriousness... not much for phin fans to say today.

For whom could and should we trade

and what may it cost us. Of course the other option is a garage sale and stock pile pick to replace defensive talent. Our O is young and only needs a RB. Well NOW we do. Thanks Rick :fire:

Here is my preference if even possible.
LT trade the farm
Foster good young back who shows alot of promise
Bennett should have picked him in leiu of a crappy zone only corner :cry:
Smith
The rest to me seems below average. I would wait until next year to make a move for a back. Trade wallly to whomever is the seeming worst team and pick a back next year ASAP.
IF for some stike of luck :roflmao: (like we have had ANY this offseason) we could grab LT I would trade the first wally and maybe even Maddison.
How about portis :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom