MERGED 7X:Ireland live press conference/Ireland Tips Hand? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 7X:Ireland live press conference/Ireland Tips Hand?

Ireland messed up and tried to fixed it. IF some of you take the time to listen to the Presser you will reliaze it. When he said it I couldnt believe it, just listen to the presser and you will reliaze he messed up.

I watched it several times and.....it looked planned.

He paused slightly just before he said "Defense" which seemed to be on purpose so when he said "defense" it hit harder. Then the "what did I say?" and "I'll let you guys (the reporters) decide" if it was a smokescreen. IMO it was a little overdone but I can picture Ireland, Parcells & Sparano sitting around afterwards laughing about how the press bought it.

Mess up or not... he effectively did exactly what we want, and that is to put a big fat question mark out there... keep everyone guessing. Now we've got:

1. Contract talks with J. Long
2. Ireland saying we'll draft the pillar of our D.

AWESOME. It could easily light a fire under J. Long's butt to sign, least it does is make every other team in the NFL wonder what we're doing... for proof of that, see the past 5 pages in a post thread only 3 hours old!

this works out for us either way. more question marks. just what we need in case there is a team secretly in love with one of the top guys.

i did watch it, and if it was a slip up, ireland should not be allowed to speak in public. it was so over the top and obvious - to me a definite smokescreen. if not - keep that man away from the microphone.

pillar of your defense = Glenn Dorsey, pillars are the BIG BOYS, not outside linebackers.

Pillar meaning something to build around... so it could be an OLB. Any game changing player could be a "pillar of your D"

Yea Jared Allen just becam available and one of the teams interested are the Viking who were also interested in JT. Our chances of trading JT have just become smaller, since one of the teams interested was Minnesota. The Bucs are said to be interested as well and there are rumors that Jags are the number one suitor for JT. We will see what happens, but I think JT stays.

Actually, the fact that Allen is talking to other teams could actually help us, not hurt. Why? Because the price tag on Allen right now is two first round picks. No way the Vikings, Bucs or any other team are going to part with two first round picks for Allen. It makes JT look a LOT more affordable at a 2nd and another pick.
As far as the press conference . . . . see how much they got all of us talking and debating on what it all means. If it works just a fraction with the other teams, then they accomplished what they wanted.

i think he slipped up. If i was Jake, i would be upset and raise my asking price regardless if they say there moving on, i think he truely slipped and let the cat out the bag

Back
Top Bottom