MERGED-Arrington released/Petitgout too | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Arrington released/Petitgout too

who has seen basically every snap the team has taken in the last 20 or so years, I can say without shadow of a doubt that Lavar Arrington would be of no use to you

Last season for Lavar was sort of a blur. He was held back in training camp and pre season because of lingering knee issues from his Redskins days. He started the season very slow and basically did nothing until the Dallas game in week 6 or 7, where he had undoubtedly his best quarter as a Giant. He knocked down a Bledsoe pass that was sure to be a TD to Terrell Owens, and he sacked Bledsoe in the endzone for a safety. Then, about 2 minutes after this burst of absolutely stunning competence, he went on to snap his achilles tendon in the first half of that same game

What you have now is a LB approaching his 30th birthday, who hasnt made an impact in the NFL in 3 years, and is battling a serious knee condition on top of the achilles issue which was a devastating injury on its own. Hes a good guy, Id like to see him succeed. The odds are highly stacked against it though His knee condition is serious and doesnt figure to be anything but chronic, even if you just forget the achilles snap

Petitgout is the guy who was really the suprise. Hes an above average NFL Left Tackle, an excellent run blocker. He too has injury issues, including a chronic back condition and is coming off a broken leg. But he can help a team as a stop gap for a couple of years. Hes started at both LT and RT in the NFL and has done a fine job at both

Agreed, that was easily the best post of this thread.

Petigout Was Cut By Nyg

Why not sign him, he's a very good LT when he 's healthy and with d mac in back up plan that could be a good idea and not cost too much for an dielman or steinbach run later in march.

opinions ?

they cut him because he is always hurt, we dont need another expensive lineman who gets hurt. he is definitely better than our current lineman but not if he cant play, so I say NO

they cut him because he is always hurt, we dont need another expensive lineman who gets hurt. he is definitely better than our current lineman but not if he cant play, so I say NO

Conditional offer? Every 4 games = +500k on the contract type of thing. Safe for us, however I am sure some team will offer him a load of guaranteed cash, making out offer obsolete.

We need to start getting some young guys some snaps on this line. These guys need to get an opportunity. SD did a great job giving young guys a chance. IMO Saban wouldn't allow this but I predict Houck and Cam will. SD started a rook on the line at LT so there is no fear from Cam to put a young guy in. We should and need to start doing the same. How many Bennie Anderson and Jacox (sp?) guys can we bring in. Get rid of James and those 2 and bring in fresh young guys to groom. The only position I would add a vet is at center because IMO that is the most important line position and Hadnot is not dominant enough.

We already have injury prone o-linemen: Their names are Seth McKinney, Joe Toledo and Jeno James.

Here are his stats:
http://realfootball365.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=4667&team=19

He played 9 games last year, and then was injured. Previous 2 seasons he started 16 games.

In 2004, his run-blocking was 4.56 YPC; he also gave up a lot of sacks.

In 2005, his run-blocking was 4.45 YPC(like MacIntosh this year).

In 2006 he played pretty good. His run-blocking last season was 5.27 YPC (#3 in the NFL).
Luke Petitgout is a player at least as good as MacIntosh. I'd make him an offer, and bring him in to compete with MacIntosh. If he winds up being a backup, that's ok. He is way better than Shelton.

I'd take Arrington over Spragan any day. I think signing him would be a huge upgrade over what we have know. But hey, maybe another player might be released of higher regards.
Glad you're not the GM then because I'll take Spragan over Arrington every day given Lamar's conditon. It is highly unlikely that Lavar Arringotn will play pro football again. His injuries are too serious. I think he is 30 years old, and has basically been away from the game for 2 years now.
In my opinion, Arringotn never lived up to his hype coming out of college. People were calling him the next LT and he never got even close to fullfilling those expectations. He's an extremely gifted athlete that never materialised into a consistently dominant player. I think he relied so much on his raw skills rather than learning about the game in order to become a better player. Very undisciplined player.
There is an OLB to be sought this year but it's not Arrington. If the Dolphins truly want a dominant OLB then they should pursue A Thomas. He's a monster and is by far the best available LB this year. L Briggs can't hold a candle to Thomas. He will probably be out of the Dolphins price range but whichever team gets him will be very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom