MERGED-Arrington released/Petitgout too | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Arrington released/Petitgout too

His Giants contract was incentive laden. He was set to make $900,000 next year.

I'll take that risk, and if he's healthy, and our 3-4 linebackers are Jason Taylor, Channing Crowder, Zach Thomas & LaVar Arrington, who's running on us? What quarterback can remain confident with that randomly blitzing from all angles?

He's probably not expected to be healthy, unfortunately.

His Giants contract was incentive laden. He was set to make $900,000 next year.

I'll take that risk, and if he's healthy, and our 3-4 linebackers are Jason Taylor, Channing Crowder, Zach Thomas & LaVar Arrington, who's running on us? What quarterback can remain confident with that randomly blitzing from all angles?

He's probably not expected to be healthy, unfortunately.
Yeh but see the thing is, he cant stay healthy, so once again we end up paying a player to sit on our bench.

it would be nice to have arrington, but he is too injury prone... we need the cap to go someplace else... but he ould definatly be an improvement over spargan ALOT

Most definitely give him a veterans minimum contract laden with incentives. He hasn't been able to stay healthy for a full season. Also he doesn't like defensive schemes and likes to roam free, and that is a problem. Also did he rupture his Achilles???

How is Arrington considered an upgrade over Spragan, when he can't stay healthy enough to play??....

Maybe it's just me, but in my opinion, L. Arrington is just another one of those "hype players" in the NFL. He gets all the attention, all the off-season consideration, but yet never lives up to the expectations he brings with him....

I'm tired of signing those kinds of players, and we need to start adding players through the draft instead of wasting money on old veterans who never produce as expected year after year.....

Truth be told, I've never been sold on Arrington anyway....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Id rather sign Arrington cheap with the chance he might not pan out then give Thomas or Briggs a ton of money. Sign Arrington and spend the cap space on Deilman / Steibauch (sp?)

Id rather sign Arrington cheap with the chance he might not pan out then give Thomas or Briggs a ton of money. Sign Arrington and spend the cap space on Deilman / Steibauch (sp?)

Thomas is definitely worth the money. Briggs is an upgrade as well. But again, the OL is a GLARING problem. I am glad Randy has the reigns this offseason. I trust him.

I like Robert McCunes chances of getting into the LB rotation, if Arrington wants to play for less....maybe.

It's really a matter of the health with Arrington. He's coming off of a series of serious leg injuries. He might not have been released because the Giants think he is ruined, but it's a possibility.

Personally, I like the idea of grabbing Arrington and drafting a 2nd or 3rd round DE to convert to OLB. A situation where we can take a risk on him, but one where we're not dependant on him and can spend less money than Adalius Thomas.

Lavar has bone on bone in his knee. Its a condition that is going to linger the remainder of his career and needs to be managed. And thats not even mentioning the achilles, which on its own is about as devastating an injury as you're gonna find. Just read the local paper here and in it he talks about the thought of retirement now entering his mind. Its a shame. Hes a terrific guy.

I say bring them in for a physical, if they pass, sign them (incentive laden) and use them for training camp competition. If they dont work cut them. My only question would be their contract impact on our overall cap. They are not high profile player (money wise) due to their injuries so I believe they should be happy someone gives them a chance.

Back
Top Bottom