MERGED-Arrington released/Petitgout too | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Arrington released/Petitgout too

I want him here pronto yea he might be injury prone but so was channing crowder look how he turned out.

I dont know what it is about Arrington but I am bias towards him. Even with his injury problems I would welcome him to Miami i a minute if the price is right.

I don't want him. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt coming out of DC, but one season in NY and he's being released? That's a huge statement. Randy Mueller wants to seriously upgrade the OLB position, if he goes for Arrington after this I'll be shocked. Arrington really wanted to play for NY and to be released after just one season, say's if can't cut it with a team he wants to be with, whats he gonna do on a team he doesn't want to be with?? I'd run for the Hills if Lavar wanted to come to southbeach now.
Agree 100%. If he wanted to be a Dolphin he would have been with our team last season. Only at the veterans minimum!

I played high school football against Petigout, we graduated the same year, he was a beast, and is still a beast, lets get him.

Forget this talk about Arrington, Petitgout is the guy who needs to be discussed. The guy has been solid for years and would look good in aqua. Petitgout and Carey would make excellent bookends for our line!

I'd take Arrington over Spragan any day. I think signing him would be a huge upgrade over what we have know. But hey, maybe another player might be released of higher regards.

As a Giants fan

who has seen basically every snap the team has taken in the last 20 or so years, I can say without shadow of a doubt that Lavar Arrington would be of no use to you

Last season for Lavar was sort of a blur. He was held back in training camp and pre season because of lingering knee issues from his Redskins days. He started the season very slow and basically did nothing until the Dallas game in week 6 or 7, where he had undoubtedly his best quarter as a Giant. He knocked down a Bledsoe pass that was sure to be a TD to Terrell Owens, and he sacked Bledsoe in the endzone for a safety. Then, about 2 minutes after this burst of absolutely stunning competence, he went on to snap his achilles tendon in the first half of that same game

What you have now is a LB approaching his 30th birthday, who hasnt made an impact in the NFL in 3 years, and is battling a serious knee condition on top of the achilles issue which was a devastating injury on its own. Hes a good guy, Id like to see him succeed. The odds are highly stacked against it though His knee condition is serious and doesnt figure to be anything but chronic, even if you just forget the achilles snap

Petitgout is the guy who was really the suprise. Hes an above average NFL Left Tackle, an excellent run blocker. He too has injury issues, including a chronic back condition and is coming off a broken leg. But he can help a team as a stop gap for a couple of years. Hes started at both LT and RT in the NFL and has done a fine job at both

IF he is healthy, why would the Giants have cut him? If he was healthy we would be a little crazy not to consider the guy.

It's OBVIOUS he is not healthy :shakeno: , he became injury prone and too expensive to take the risk to sign him.

i assume the cut has been made in the context of an overall giants re-launch. in my opinion, arrington will be around a 100% next season and would fit the fins roster perfectly despite our history with signing hurt players about to start their comeback... :rolleyes:

i assume the cut has been made in the context of an overall giants re-launch. in my opinion, arrington will be around a 100% next season and would fit the fins roster perfectly despite our history with signing hurt players about to start their comeback... :rolleyes:

No offense, but where do you get this from? Do you have medical evidence to say Arrington will be 100%? Are you an expert on achilles injuries?

He had an achilles injury and that is a very difficult to come back from - and sometimes it takes a couple of years. Even then, he may not every be at full speed.

Back
Top Bottom