Merged: Blackout Possible For Panthers Game/I'm tired of all these blackout threats! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Possible For Panthers Game/I'm tired of all these blackout threats!

stubhub has freaking tickets for 20 plus shipping and handling cmon people

KuD said:
I'm in South Florida and i've decided i'm gonna buy tickets tomarrow even though I can barely afford it and i'm probably gonna regret it afterwards when I look in my wallet.

I'm posting in hope that this will inspire other fans who aren't going in Florida to do the same. This is embarrasing. We have too great of a team to have trouble selling out.
kudos to you for going out and doing something about it. Too many people ***** about it but don't do anything. Good to see you take a stand.

Hope others follow suit.

Personally, i pay 350 bucks a year for the Sunday Ticket w/Superfan. IMO, i am doing my part (as much as i can, geographically speaking), so i am here with you in spirit!

The problem is most Miami dolfans are spread out around the country (as this board will obviously attest to). When i lived in SoFla many moons ago, everyone i knew was a Jets or Bills fan.... they were all transplanted NY'ers. Which probably explains the lack of allegiance in SoFla of our "fans". the REAL dolfans are around the country.

KuD said:
I'm in South Florida and i've decided i'm gonna buy tickets tomarrow even though I can barely afford it and i'm probably gonna regret it afterwards when I look in my wallet.

I'm posting in hope that this will inspire other fans who aren't going in Florida to do the same. This is embarrasing. We have too great of a team to have trouble selling out.

You go boy! I now declare you a true blue Dolfan! :D

BucFan said:
Wow.

The Bucs went 5-11 last season and still sold out every game the very day tickets went on sale.

And I though Tampa had bandwagoners...

Raymond James has about 10,000 less seats than Dolphins Stadium. Dolphins game needs to sell 6,000 to sellout.

texasPHINSfan said:
kudos to you for going out and doing something about it. Too many people ***** about it but don't do anything. Good to see you take a stand.

Hope others follow suit.

Personally, i pay 350 bucks a year for the Sunday Ticket w/Superfan. IMO, i am doing my part (as much as i can, geographically speaking), so i am here with you in spirit!

The problem is most Miami dolfans are spread out around the country (as this board will obviously attest to). When i lived in SoFla many moons ago, everyone i knew was a Jets or Bills fan.... they were all transplanted NY'ers. Which probably explains the lack of allegiance in SoFla of our "fans". the REAL dolfans are around the country.

Thanks, I had moved to South Corolina but am back in Florida for.. well personal reasons, so I figured i'd use the money I really don't have and go, I just wish I could get people to follow. ;)

again, it's hard to blame the fan base down here when 85-90% of the people who live here are from another region and grew up pulling for other teams...

also, i really believe this area never got over the Dan Marino hangover... when he retired, an already disinterested fan base (mostly because so many are from somewhere else) really fell off.... not surprising that that first year without Dan, we couldn't even sell out a playoff game... there were more blackouts early in 97 before JJ's defense really brought back some excitement for a little while... then things went south again until Ricky came to town...

there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this team needs a franchise QB it can really get excited about, or attendence is going to continue to suffer... this region is just not sports strong enough (or native enough) to come to that stadium and sit in 95 degree weather when the Dolphins aren't winning... and winning with flair...

sad, but true...

PressCoverage said:
again, it's hard to blame the fan base down here when 85-90% of the people who live here are from another region and grew up pulling for other teams...

Very true. But what other choice do you have if they black it out. I'd rather go to the game and get LOUD than sit on my butt and risk not seeing the game at all, even if I don't got much money.

I'm sure there are more than enough dolfans in South Florida to sell out.

KuD said:
Raymond James has about 10,000 less seats than Dolphins Stadium. Dolphins game needs to sell 6,000 to sellout.

And the Bucs still have over 80,000 on their season ticket waiting list...

$25-30 to park is another serious turnoff...

on another issue, and i'm probably alone here, but i question the logic of the NFL's 72-hour rule.... why does it need 72 hours?... how long does it take before kickoff for the network to switch to another game when it sees the Dolphins don't sell out? they completely eliminate the lazy saturday for family to buy tickets? what's the point? seriously, someone out there who knows the answer, please inform me why the league needs 72 hours?

South florida is a very long and spread out metro area... from Melbourne to the keys, you could argue.... a lot of loyal fans can't get to the stadium for a variety of reasons... health, finances, distance, etc. ... i would imagine the NFL is trying to promote their sport, not turn people off by completely eliminating any chance of seeing their product...

BucFan said:

Well I guess I should envy the butt pirate fans huh? Can I ask you why you're here troll? Just to run off at the mouth I suppose. :shakeno:

BucFan said:

yes, but Tampa Bay-St. Pete is much more native than Southeast Florida... percentage-wise... i believe...

I too am tired of seeing these threads pop up every two minutes. The game won't be blacked out, just like the Broncos game someone will come through.

BucFan said:
Wow.

The Bucs went 5-11 last season and still sold out every game the very day tickets went on sale.

And I though Tampa had bandwagoners...

The Bucky's also recently won a SB. The fans barely showed up until they started having winning seasons. Let them have a couple more losing seasons, and you'll see the waiting list dwindle down to a waiting to see who buys them list.

So your answer would be, yes! TB bandwagons too.....

Nublar7 said:
Hence the reason no smiley news face was put up. :wink:

I just find it hard to believe that the games can't sell out for a team rich in tradition and a brand new coach. :shakeno:

The games that are threatened to be blacked out need to be blacked out. That is the only way to rebuild a solid fanbase. By getting people off their lazy butts. They know that a TV station might buy them, so they wait and see. Especially after a loss, and apparently more so, after a losing season.

I want the game blacked out locally. If it affects some poor folk, so be it. They can wait until some of the people who can afford it start buying them up. I want the seats full, that's all I care about. People representing in person....

I was making minimum wage back when I was 15, and I still got tix, and took the freaking bus to the orange bowl.

Back
Top Bottom