Merged: Blackout Possible For Panthers Game/I'm tired of all these blackout threats! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Possible For Panthers Game/I'm tired of all these blackout threats!

BucFan said:
And the Bucs still have over 80,000 on their season ticket waiting list...

What do you expect ....theres nothing to do in Tampa..i guess it easyto sell out games bc in the past were there even any BUCS fans??? you guys prolly didnt start selling game until that superbowl.....but hey it beats going to Devil rays games :lol:

I am sick of all the excuses and complaining about the Fins being Blacked Out. If everyone would get off their cheap lazy a$$es and buy a ticket we wouldn't have this problem. And don't tell me that people are from other areas either. I have 13 season tickets under my name. Of the people who go to the games only 5 are really Fins fans. The other 8 go because it is a great time. They cheer for the Fins as long as we aren't playing their teams. But if I can get 8 people to go who aren't even really Fin fans then their is no reason that there should be so many seats left.
So quit your bitchin and go buy a ticket. And if you don't live in S Fla., then don't worry about it.

texasPHINSfan said:
Personally, i pay 350 bucks a year for the Sunday Ticket w/Superfan. IMO, i am doing my part (as much as i can, geographically speaking), so i am here with you in spirit!

And I paid $300 for my season tickets including the parking pass. That is cheap man. C'mon people. Thats $30 bucks a game including preseason. We have so many cheap fans down here.

texasPHINSfan said:
great point.

Green Bay, Atlanta, Indy.... these teams have great "franchise" Qb's and dont' seem to have problems selling out games

People in GB are just now getting their season tickets after being on the list for twenty years, that's way before Favre. As much as I hate the packers (and some fans) they don't belong on that list, they show up no matter what.

But that has a lot to due with it being the smallest market with no other major sports franchises to compete.

I'll be at the game and I don't know why any serious Dolphin fan in the area wouldn't be at this game, they just beat the Pats and this is our chance to prove that we're a good team, it should be a good game. It should be sold out in my opinion but I guess not

And the Bucs still have over 80,000 on their season ticket waiting list...
They bash the team itself, AND the fans. Fans of other NFL teams are ruthless in every sense of the word :D

And by the way, so what if Tampa Bay sells out their games? What does that have to do with the team? Do you think it offends us by pointing this out?

Nublar7 said:
Hence the reason no smiley news face was put up. :wink:

I just find it hard to believe that the games can't sell out for a team rich in tradition and a brand new coach. :shakeno:

Well its only Thursday...There was a little thing called "Rita" hovering this week AGAIN - this might be one reason

At least you might have a chance to see the game - we (Orlando) have the Jags vs. Jets, ......woe is me!:(

I already went down for the Denver game. That cost me about 300.00
I've been down for 6 games now, and I will always come down for games. I'd like to live down in South Florida eventually, so we'll see how that goes. Right now I'm stuck here in VA, but if I had the chance, I'd go to every game

SpurzN703 said:
I already went down for the Denver game. That cost me about 300.00
I've been down for 6 games now, and I will always come down for games. I'd like to live down in South Florida eventually, so we'll see how that goes. Right now I'm stuck here in VA, but if I had the chance, I'd go to every game
Same here, I get my license this upcoming March. I'll be at next seasons home opener with a couple friends for sure.

* If you drank a certain brand of beer and found it to be quite stale, would you buy it again?
* If you watched a crummy movie at the theater, would you buy the DVD version three months later?
* If you heard a screeching CD made by a certain band, would you buy any more music from that particular band?
* If you had had your car washed and there were streaks all over, would you patronize the establishment again?

I could go on... The bottom line is that the Miami Dolphins put out an inferior product last year. Even then, the Dolphins team was being mismanaged into a decline, having missed the play-offs for the past two seasons prior to last season's disaster.

Couple that with the Miami's competitive market competing for your sports entertainment dollar; The Miami Heat are now serious contenders for the NBA title with star wattage oozing out of the backcourt. The Marlins won the 2003 WS and are still in contention for the wild card this year. Hockey can be discounted as they didn't even play a season recently. Also, the market is already fragmented as it is, with transplantees living in the area having old allegiances with their hometown sports teams.

Hate to say this, but this issue needs to be viewed in a business sense, even though we are emotionally attached to the Dolphins and will live vicariously through the team, win or lose, even idolizing stars like Jason Taylor and Ricky Williams. The vast majority of fans really do not want to sit in 100+ degree heat, pay a princely sum for concessions, parking and tickets, navigate crowds of people, all to cheer on the team to its latest loss.

But, I see reason for optimism! The Dolphins are now under Nick Saban and that can only lead to a better product on the field. In turn, this will draw more attendance and marquee players coming in South Florida. Hopefully, the issue of blackouts will then be a distant memory once again.

A Wing Pilot said:
<--- Steps up on soap box

I'm sick and tired of all of you telling us in south Florida how you all would go to the games. I'm sick of the assumptions that everyone has the time or money to go to the games. I'm sick of suggesting blackouts because not everyone is as "DIE HARD" as you. I'm really sick of the fact that you call us bad fans. I'm tired of the constant bashing of South Florida Fans and I'm tired of these stupid threads talking about this. And most of all I'm tired of my self responding to them. So lets touch all the bullet points

1. Its expensive and if I'm going to limit my games then bet your sweet behind I'm going to a good one like jets, bills, pats. Not Carolina.

2. Some people have other things to do outside of football.

3. The Carolina game with humidity will feel like its about 100-120 degrees, you go sit in that for 4 hours lemme know how excited you are.

4. So what if I want to sit home and watch it in HD on my couch in my underwear why do you get a pass and I a local don't?

5. Yes south Florida fans aren't NY fans. Yes I F$#%^ get it, get off my back about it. Your complaining to the people that go. If you want to ***** and moan about it, moan to those that don't go or don't want to (Which would not be the people on this board)

6. Blacking out the rest of the season is a HORRIBLE IDEA, way to stab the people that are on the fence in the back.. yeah that'll work. It reminds me of a slogan my friend had in his office " Beatings will continue until moral improves - The management" You NEVER EVER EVER Punish your fans if they come out or not.

7. People are @$$es at the stadium and tell me to sit down. Quit bitching and cheer. There's a time to stand and a time to sit and people will appreciate it.

8. Dolphin Stadium isn't loud. BS, that place was off the hook against the broncos and then i came home and watched the game on TV and could hear it as well.

9. Our fans leave early. EVERYONES FANS LEAVE EARLY have you people ever even been to a football game????

I am a season ticket holder. I go to every game. I stay till the clock reads 0:00 in the fourth quarter, I don't even leave my seat for half time. I stand up and cheer at the right time and the people around me do as well. We get loud, we cheer, we talk about how great this season is going to be, we tailgate, we attend. So for me to come here and have to constantly be berated from fans in Sheboygan wherever, is really starting to piss me off.

Remember the people who are so dedicated to a team that the post constantly on a web site is NOT the target audience that you need to yell at about attendance.
<---- steps down from soap box

Thanks you and good night

Thank you!

I wonder how many of these out of towners who complain about the fans actually pay for sunday ticket, or put their money with their mouth is.

Honestly BE GOOD, I don't get it either. It seems to me that the ones that are complaining the most about the blackout are out of towners that shouldn't give three shytes about it being blacked out. It doesn't pertain to you guys, buy your freaking NFL ticket, watch the mighty fins, and stop you're whining. I'm sorry if I'm a little testy, but these threads are out of hand already. Were the ones getting screwed with the blackout, but Joe Bob from freaking Kentucky is pissed? I don't get it. I think someone else not from Miami brought up the heat. I don't care what part of the world you're from, unless you've sat in those stands at a 1:00 PM game in the lower bowl with that sun blazing, and getting shortness of breath from the lack of breathable air (humidity), you don't know jack. I wish I could get season tickets, but right now I'm working a less than decent job, trying to pay a mortgage for the first time in my life, and I just don't have it. So if that makes me a crappy fan, than that's your opinion. I live and breathe and live the dolphins, and in fact it's a testament to how great my wife is that she hasn't left me yet, cause I can admit to what a disease it is to be a true dolphins fan. I think we have the greatest fans down here in the most beautiful city in the world, but there are definately issues down here that prevent Joe Robbie (that's right Joe Robbie, has always been Joe Robbie, and will always be Joe Robbie) from selling out. How about you start with the simple fact that the population majority down here is the population minority to almost the rest of the country. And they don't know a thing about football, nor do they care. Do I have to remind you that football is an american invention, and in my time through the dade-county school system, I can count on my hand how many pure americans I knew. I myself am Cuban-American, with a father that still knows nothing of the sport. So how I became such a Phins fan is still brought up when the family gets together. I can write here for hours on my reasons for the games to not be sold out right away, but I can say that I haven't seen a blackout in over five years, and I truly believe this week will be no different. Again, I'm sorry if I rubbed some people the wrong way, but I'm just a little irratated with people that have never stepped foot on Miami to sit there and point your finger at us like if you're god's gift to the Phins, while you sit there on your couch, in air-conditioning, or heat (depending where you are). Get over it, it doesn't affect you, and if you still don't understand why it's not sold out, pick up and get your azz down here, or root for whatever loser team is by you, and go to those games

damn wing pilot, it seems we took the same amount of time writing a book and posted almost the same thing. Thanks for taking my thunder...j/k

Spegg said:
And I paid $300 for my season tickets including the parking pass. That is cheap man. C'mon people. Thats $30 bucks a game including preseason. We have so many cheap fans down here.

I'm going to call you out on this one!!!!! cheapest seats are $290 and parking pass is 170 so no way you paid thats $460 or $46 a game not $30. And guess what not everyone is as rich as you to buy 13 tickets. Heres my response to all of that:

Originally Posted by A Wing Pilot
<--- Steps up on soap box

I'm sick and tired of all of you telling us in south Florida how you all would go to the games. I'm sick of the assumptions that everyone has the time or money to go to the games. I'm sick of suggesting blackouts because not everyone is as "DIE HARD" as you. I'm really sick of the fact that you call us bad fans. I'm tired of the constant bashing of South Florida Fans and I'm tired of these stupid threads talking about this. And most of all I'm tired of my self responding to them. So lets touch all the bullet points

1. Its expensive and if I'm going to limit my games then bet your sweet behind I'm going to a good one like jets, bills, pats. Not Carolina.

2. Some people have other things to do outside of football.

3. The Carolina game with humidity will feel like its about 100-120 degrees, you go sit in that for 4 hours lemme know how excited you are.

4. So what if I want to sit home and watch it in HD on my couch in my underwear why do you get a pass and I a local don't?

5. Yes south Florida fans aren't NY fans. Yes I F$#%^ get it, get off my back about it. Your complaining to the people that go. If you want to ***** and moan about it, moan to those that don't go or don't want to (Which would not be the people on this board)

6. Blacking out the rest of the season is a HORRIBLE IDEA, way to stab the people that are on the fence in the back.. yeah that'll work. It reminds me of a slogan my friend had in his office " Beatings will continue until moral improves - The management" You NEVER EVER EVER Punish your fans if they come out or not.

7. People are @$$es at the stadium and tell me to sit down. Quit bitching and cheer. There's a time to stand and a time to sit and people will appreciate it.

8. Dolphin Stadium isn't loud. BS, that place was off the hook against the broncos and then i came home and watched the game on TV and could hear it as well.

9. Our fans leave early. EVERYONES FANS LEAVE EARLY have you people ever even been to a football game????

I am a season ticket holder. I go to every game. I stay till the clock reads 0:00 in the fourth quarter, I don't even leave my seat for half time. I stand up and cheer at the right time and the people around me do as well. We get loud, we cheer, we talk about how great this season is going to be, we tailgate, we attend. So for me to come here and have to constantly be berated from fans in Sheboygan wherever, is really starting to piss me off.

Remember the people who are so dedicated to a team that the post constantly on a web site is NOT the target audience that you need to yell at about attendance.
<---- steps down from soap box

Thanks you and good night

Back
Top Bottom