Merged: Blackout Possible For Panthers Game/I'm tired of all these blackout threats! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Possible For Panthers Game/I'm tired of all these blackout threats!

PressCoverage said:
again, it's hard to blame the fan base down here when 85-90% of the people who live here are from another region and grew up pulling for other teams...

also, i really believe this area never got over the Dan Marino hangover... when he retired, an already disinterested fan base (mostly because so many are from somewhere else) really fell off.... not surprising that that first year without Dan, we couldn't even sell out a playoff game... there were more blackouts early in 97 before JJ's defense really brought back some excitement for a little while... then things went south again until Ricky came to town...

there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this team needs a franchise QB it can really get excited about, or attendence is going to continue to suffer... this region is just not sports strong enough (or native enough) to come to that stadium and sit in 95 degree weather when the Dolphins aren't winning... and winning with flair...

sad, but true...
great point.

Green Bay, Atlanta, Indy.... these teams have great "franchise" Qb's and dont' seem to have problems selling out games

two questions:

do you think a dome would improve attendance?

is part of the reason attendance is low because a good portion of fans live outside of the miami area?

well it is awfully hot and sitting out in the sun baking for four hours isn't my idea of a good time.... then again, i'm not in South Florida.

three ways to help:
1) get a franchise QB
2) win games
3) get a dome (optional)

but the first two are required, for sure!

texasPHINSfan said:
great point.

Green Bay, Atlanta, Indy.... these teams have great "franchise" Qb's and dont' seem to have problems selling out games

I am fairly sure this was the first year that all Indy games have sold out without having the deadline suspended and some company buy in bulk and donating them. Last year the 3rd or 4th game of the season was blacked out and Indy has either the smallest stadium or close to it. Believe me even with a "Franchise QB" some teams have trouble selling out.

some people dont have the dedication, it its very disapointing

Ozzy, I am with you on that one....Black Out the rest of the season and youll see how quickly next season will sell out...everyone needs to learn a lesson, and thats lesson is to stop relying on others to buy the tickets for you and support the team if your a real fan, and if not, get the Fu** off this board and dont comment on anything...I used to also take the bus from the golden glades interchange to save on parking, so if I could do it, anyone can and I used to be 15 as well...so i hope every game from here on out is blacked out so every lazy person in town can do something about it..

Like some posters already mentioned, it is very important to support your team by purchasing tickets. It's obvious that everyone doesn't have the funds to go to see the Fins in action but if you do, you should definitely support your team @ least once a year.

Game tickets, refreshments, food, suites, parking, etc are the only funds that owners arnen't required to share. Last thing anyone wants is another city to offer up a new 700 million stadium with luxary guarntees for practically nothing. Keep in mind this is a business and if ticket sales continue to dwindle (very unlikely of course) no team is safe from re-location (except GB, local gov owns them I believe)

wow and u guys have been raggin on Panther fans for not being good fans. I cant remember the last time we had a black out, its a rare thing and we have only been around for 10 years, we lack a lot of history and the time to build a GREAT fan base.

BucFan said:
Wow.

The Bucs went 5-11 last season and still sold out every game the very day tickets went on sale.

And I though Tampa had bandwagoners...

They do have bandwagon fans....and a stadium that seats 65,000 people. That is 10,000 LESS than Dolphins Stadium.

<--- Steps up on soap box

I'm sick and tired of all of you telling us in south Florida how you all would go to the games. I'm sick of the assumptions that everyone has the time or money to go to the games. I'm sick of suggesting blackouts because not everyone is as "DIE HARD" as you. I'm really sick of the fact that you call us bad fans. I'm tired of the constant bashing of South Florida Fans and I'm tired of these stupid threads talking about this. And most of all I'm tired of my self responding to them. So lets touch all the bullet points

1. Its expensive and if I'm going to limit my games then bet your sweet behind I'm going to a good one like jets, bills, pats. Not Carolina.

2. Some people have other things to do outside of football.

3. The Carolina game with humidity will feel like its about 100-120 degrees, you go sit in that for 4 hours lemme know how excited you are.

4. So what if I want to sit home and watch it in HD on my couch in my underwear why do you get a pass and I a local don't?

5. Yes south Florida fans aren't NY fans. Yes I F$#%^ get it, get off my back about it. Your complaining to the people that go. If you want to ***** and moan about it, moan to those that don't go or don't want to (Which would not be the people on this board)

6. Blacking out the rest of the season is a HORRIBLE IDEA, way to stab the people that are on the fence in the back.. yeah that'll work. It reminds me of a slogan my friend had in his office " Beatings will continue until moral improves - The management" You NEVER EVER EVER Punish your fans if they come out or not.

7. People are @$$es at the stadium and tell me to sit down. Quit bitching and cheer. There's a time to stand and a time to sit and people will appreciate it.

8. Dolphin Stadium isn't loud. BS, that place was off the hook against the broncos and then i came home and watched the game on TV and could hear it as well.

9. Our fans leave early. EVERYONES FANS LEAVE EARLY have you people ever even been to a football game????

I am a season ticket holder. I go to every game. I stay till the clock reads 0:00 in the fourth quarter, I don't even leave my seat for half time. I stand up and cheer at the right time and the people around me do as well. We get loud, we cheer, we talk about how great this season is going to be, we tailgate, we attend. So for me to come here and have to constantly be berated from fans in Sheboygan wherever, is really starting to piss me off.

Remember the people who are so dedicated to a team that the post constantly on a web site is NOT the target audience that you need to yell at about attendance.
<---- steps down from soap box

Thanks you and good night

A Wing Pilot said:

I'm sick and tired of all of you telling us in south Florida how you all would go to the games. I'm sick of the assumptions that everyone has the time or money to go to the games. I'm sick of suggesting blackouts because not everyone is as "DIE HARD" as you. I'm really sick of the fact that you call us bad fans. I'm tired of the constant bashing of South Florida Fans and I'm tired of these stupid threads talking about this. And most of all I'm tired of my self responding to them. So lets touch all the bullet points

1. Its expensive and if I'm going to limit my games then bet your sweet behind I'm going to a good one like jets, bills, pats. Not Carolina.

3. The Carolina game with humidity will feel like its about 100-120 degrees, you go sit in that for 4 hours lemme know how excited you are.

4. So what if I want to sit home and watch it in HD on my couch in my underwear why do you get a pass and I a local don't?

5. Yes south Florida fans aren't NY fans. Yes I F$#%^ get it, get off my back about it. Your complaining to the people that go. If you want to ***** and moan about it, moan to those that don't go or don't want to (Which would not be the people on this board)

6. Blacking out the rest of the season is a HORRIBLE IDEA, way to stab the people that are on the fence in the back.. yeah that'll work. It reminds me of a slogan my friend had in his office " Beatings will continue until moral improves - The management" You NEVER EVER EVER Punish your fans if they come out or not.

7. People are @$$es at the stadium and tell me to sit down. Quit bitching and cheer. There's a time to stand and a time to sit and people will appreciate it.

8. Dolphin Stadium isn't loud. BS, that place was off the hook against the broncos and then i came home and watched the game on TV and could hear it as well.

9. Our fans leave early. EVERYONES FANS LEAVE EARLY have you people ever even been to a football game????

I am a season ticket holder. I go to every game. I stay till the clock reads 0:00 in the fourth quarter, I don't even leave my seat for half time. I stand up and cheer at the right time and the people around me do as well. We get loud, we cheer, we talk about how great this season is going to be, we tailgate, we attend. So for me to come here and have to constantly be berated from fans in Sheboygan wherever, is really starting to piss me off.

Remember the people who are so dedicated to a team that the post constantly on a web site is NOT the target audience that you need to yell at about attendance.

Damn that was pretty good. I am impressed!!! GOOD JOB- and I totally agree!

A Wing Pilot said:

THANK YOU!!!!

I agree with A Wing.. Anyway, I am going to this game.. I can only afford to go to 2 or 3 games a year..

Back
Top Bottom