MERGED: Chris Long / Long video | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Chris Long / Long video

I care more about going for two LB's at #32 and #60 then I do the first pick. Almost anyone in the top 5 is good.

We do not have a magic move down card so I doubt we are leaving #1. If you look at the history of it, teams have been screwed playing with it.

And no way, no how would I move out of #32.

I would prefer Dorsey, but would be very pleased with Howie's kid if we did that. I just subscribe to "stop the run" another Jason Taylor won't stop the run... it would bring it's own value for sure, but not the one "I" think we need to address before all others.

Yeah that!
:hi5:

I think I want Dorsey...but I'd still do a jig if we took Long!

Imo, we won't trade out of the first.. we "may" be able to work a trade for 32.. that one won't cost the buyer two drafts.

I agree that it will be hard to move the #1 overall pick, but draft trade chart be damned, I can see Parcells/Ireland moving it for less than it's allegedly worth. Simply because it's in our best interest to do so.

You build a franchise around playmakers. On both sides. If we can't trade our #1 pick, we take the best playmaker in this draft, McFadden, regardless if we still have Ronnie Brown or not. I know Dorsey is one as well on the defensive side, but I just don't believe in investing so much on a DT.

You build a franchise around playmakers. On both sides. If we can't trade our #1 pick, we take the best playmaker in this draft, McFadden, regardless if we still have Ronnie Brown or not. I know Dorsey is one as well on the defensive side, but I just don't believe in investing so much on a DT.

Do you realize how much salary cap money would be tied up in that one position?

Don't get your hopes up, Parcells has repeatedly said he does not believe in drafting RBs high. We need to stop the run more than establish the run anyway. Ronnie will be back 100% hopefully.

I love Dorsey. Absolutely love him. However, he is a 4-3 DT. From everything we've read and I guess it is an assumption bc of Parcells, but we are going to run a 3-4. IF that is true, then I don't think we go for Dorsey. I think Long will be the pick. Both guys are immensely talented and I like both.

I personally like the 4-3 MUCH better than the 3-4 and would much rather see us run that D (and thus take Dorsey), but hey I am just a fan.

Mel Kiper: (1:25 PM ET ) If there's one player that Parcells is going to have a real high opinion of, it's Chris Long from Virginia.

I love Dorsey. Absolutely love him. However, he is a 4-3 DT. From everything we've read and I guess it is an assumption bc of Parcells, but we are going to run a 3-4. IF that is true, then I don't think we go for Dorsey. I think Long will be the pick.

:goodpost: QFT.

It depends mostly on who we get as DC, but I'm imagining the Dolphins in a 3-4 also.

I like Chris Long. He would obviously fit right in if we are running the 3-4. As for Dorsey, I like him to but mainly if we play a 4-3. Unlike most, I do think he can transition into a DE in the 3-4, but I'd rather not take on that project.

I definitely feel that Chris Long is a better fit in a 3-4 than Dorsey. But we do still have Matt Roth around. And as a #1 pick, Long could command a hefty salary, combined with JT and Roth, could mean a lot of money tied to the DE spot (unless JT plays LB full time). But Parcells seems to like him and he's not bad of a player.

Back
Top Bottom