MERGED: Chris Long / Long video | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Chris Long / Long video

Do you realize how much salary cap money would be tied up in that one position?

Don't get your hopes up, Parcells has repeatedly said he does not believe in drafting RBs high. We need to stop the run more than establish the run anyway. Ronnie will be back 100% hopefully.

Well, by drafting McFadden I'm implying we that we'd have to move Ronnie. I know it won't happen, looking forward to a healthy Ronnie Brown.

I'm all for drafting Long or Dorsey, but at 1? Couldn't we trade down a couple spots and still get them?

How about James Laurenitis (spelling)?

Thats good, was that before or after he was "Triple-Dog Set Sure" that we would take Brady Quinn?

:lol:

To be fair, a lot of people thought that if Quinn dropped to our spot, we'd pick him. It would've been the rational thing to do.

people need to get off this matt roth clone. we are mostly in need of a LT or QB with the #1 pick. as far as DE? we only need a backup DE. but we need a starting LT and QB.

he's staying in school. Also, you gotta take dorsey here, if the bowl game didn't impress you guys, i don't know what else you'd want from a DT (6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF despite all the double teams).

in a perfect world we get to trade down, or pick mcfadden and trade ronnie, but that wont happen.

people need to get off this matt roth clone. we are mostly in need of a LT or QB with the #1 pick. as far as DE? we only need a backup DE. but we need a starting LT and QB.

Chris is a top prospect at his position for a reason. Nothing at all like Roth besides the fact they are both white and play DE, and unless we trade down and grab a QB lke Ryan (in turn using our #1 to gain an additional pick) or reach for an overrated LT like J.Long, we won't be wasting our #1 pick on either. If not Long, it will be Dorsey.

Chris Long all the way. He is nothing like Roth , if you must compare him to a player then compare him to Vrabel. Oh , and Marty , Chris is excellent against the run.

C. Long is my pick.

Jason Babler has him going to us:

1. Miami - Chris Long, DE - Virginia

Yes. I know they should "trade down for more picks". But I can't see any teams in the top ten giving up much to move into the #1 spot. So, the choice is either of the Long's or Dorsey. Dorsey is the default pick, but I think it would be tough to spend #1 overall money on a DT. And it seems every year that a DT is talked about in the top 5 but then falters. Chris Long is a stud and will be a cornerstone for the 'Fins no matter if they run the 3-4 and 4-3.

http://nfldraftguys.com/features/08_mock_draft_babler_011608.php

C. Long is my pick.

Jason Babler has him going to us:

1. Miami - Chris Long, DE - Virginia

Yes. I know they should "trade down for more picks". But I can't see any teams in the top ten giving up much to move into the #1 spot. So, the choice is either of the Long's or Dorsey. Dorsey is the default pick, but I think it would be tough to spend #1 overall money on a DT. And it seems every year that a DT is talked about in the top 5 but then falters. Chris Long is a stud and will be a cornerstone for the 'Fins no matter if they run the 3-4 and 4-3.

http://nfldraftguys.com/features/08_mock_draft_babler_011608.php

yea i can see us getting Chris Long i just dont see us getting Brian Brohm in the Second round like he has it

Imo, we won't trade out of the first.. we "may" be able to work a trade for 32.. that one won't cost the buyer two drafts.

I would prefer Dorsey, but would be very pleased with Howie's kid if we did that. I just subscribe to "stop the run" another Jason Taylor won't stop the run... it would bring it's own value for sure, but not the one "I" think we need to address before all others.

Chris Long's game is much different than Taylor's, he's far more effective at stopping the run, while less effective at getting to the QB (though not many get after the QB as well as JT). Long would be a major upgrade over Roth in nearly every area, but the area he'd impact the most is improving our rush defense. I think Roth, and to a lesser extent JT, were almost as much of our problem at stopping the run as our inside guys were. Teams ran at Roth all year for a reason... he's a situational pass rusher and not much more than that.

Well, by drafting McFadden I'm implying we that we'd have to move Ronnie. I know it won't happen, looking forward to a healthy Ronnie Brown.

I'm all for drafting Long or Dorsey, but at 1? Couldn't we trade down a couple spots and still get them?

If we want to draft a RB this year, why would we do so with the #1 pick in the draft when this draft is loaded at RB? Have we learned nothing from 2005?

I'm thinking quantity and quality is needed. Trade down in the first round, add to the 2nd rounders we already have. Parcells can spot talent and it doesn't have to be high priced talent.

hell ya baby. give me a top 10 in the 1st, (assuming its a 6, get another 2nd and a 4th im crying wiht joy baby

Long video...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UC0guzCtZ7U

nice view of Long. I noticed one thing, the man is very smart when it comes to understanding the game kind of like JT but the thing is he is SLOW.

So I dono guys...maybe hes a seymoure type of guy one day? slow but very effective.

Back
Top Bottom